The One with the Backseat

Cinderella
Episode 14

 

 

Flustered by her words, he looked down with his signature smile widely spread across his face, his hand behind rubbing the back of his neck as he became completely shy.

 

She moved away from him as she picked up her bag and walked to the door, calling out his name. “You’re coming?”

 

“H-huh? Oh yea…”

 

Out of the gymnasium, they were quietly walking their way out of the building with Yongguk leading the way towards his car that was parked not too far from the main entrance.

 

“So, where do you want to go?”

 

“I’m craving for a burger right now, how about you?”

 

Knowing the meaning behind her words, he lets out a chuckle and turns on the ignition of his car, pumping the gas before leaving campus. With his focus on the road, she took this chance to look around the cupboards until she spotted a few CD’s lying around. Picking up the small pile, she skimmed through them until the title of the last one caught her attention. Giving it a go, she slid it inside the slot of the radio and let it do its magic as she leaned back against her seat, anticipating the music that was going to come out.

 

With the beat starting to play, Yongguk glanced quickly at Jieun to see her reaction; she had her bottom lip partly stuck out as she faintly bobbed her head, following the rhythm of the music. “Not bad... You have good taste-” Cutting her sentence short, she leaned towards the front of the car, putting out her ear to hear better as she turned the volume up. “Is that your voice?! You’re on the CD! You’re s-singing! Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

He chuckled at her surprised face as he parked his car in the diner’s parking lot, turning off the engine. “You like?”

 

“Very impressive, I must say. Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“Well you saw my notebook, so I thought you’d assume.”

 

“Writing and recording are two different things~”

 

“What about you then? Do you sing and write?”

 

“Hmm, you can say that.” The slight teasing tone in her voice made him smirk, leaving her to playfully stick her tongue out before jumping out of the car, with Yongguk quickly rushing behind her to catch up.

 

Once they stepped inside, they were met with the same waitress as last time; spotting them by the entrance, she smiled at them and lead them to their booth before turning away to look at her co-workers on the other side of the counter, a cheerful smile on her lips.

 

“I told you they’d be back again!”

 

The sudden comment, made Jieun blush, her head down while sneaking quick glances to Yongguk who looked like he was satisfied about the statement. “I think we’ll become regulars from now on~”

 

“Then I guess you would want your usual? With the extra fries?”

 

“Mhmm, thank you.” Once the lady was gone, Yongguk leaned towards the table, intertwining his fingers together as his elbows reached the edge of the table, leaving Jieun to lean back against her seat, legs crossed and arms crossed over her chest. They weren’t speaking but were only staring… Another one of their contests I presume.

 

“You’re making them think that we’re dating. It’s not nice to lead people on~”

 

“Would it be that bad if we were?”

 

“What? Leading them on?”

 

“No. Dating.”

 

The relaxed atmosphere quickly got tensed as her teasing left him to turn serious. She stopped breathing for a moment, breaking eye contact with him as she turned her head to look at the window next to them. She couldn’t really tell if he was being serious or not; he may have that stern look on his face, but it could still be him teasing her.

 

She flirted back.

 

Leaning towards the table, she mimicked Yongguk’s position, stretching a smile from the corner of her lips. “Wouldn’t you like to know~” He was about to reply when the waitress came back with their orders, giving Jieun the chance to change subject, moving past the awkwardness.

 

Letting the hour pass by smoothly with small chit-chat, they were ready to leave when a flyer laying down on the counter, on their way out, caught Jieun’s attention. Taking a better look at it, she read the content before taking the paper with her and caught up to Yongguk who was already at the door, waiting for her.

 

“What did you pick up?”

 

“O-oh, it was nothing.”

 

“Yah, Ssongjji, if you don’t tell me, I’ll tickle you~”

 

She halted her steps, looking back at him in disbelief. “You wouldn’t.”

 

“Try me.”

 

She shrugged her shoulders and went back to her walk towards the boy’s car. The moment she passed by him, he quickly tackled her as he wrapped his arms around her from behind and out of nowhere, started tickling her, making her burst out a squeal, followed by their laughter. He was stuck against her back as she was bending over while trying to pry herself away from his grasp before strangely finding herself being lifted off from the ground and straight with her stomach onto his shoulder as he was tightly holding her on while walking to his car.

 

She wiggled in his grasps, begging him to put her back down but because of how playful they were, she couldn’t voice out the actual seriousness of her request as giggles were covering her words. Yongguk was sporting the smug smile, as if he had just won a prize, proud of his conquest. He only tightened his grip around her back until he was standing in front of his car, placing Jieun right on the hood, leaving her to finally breathe properly, parted for the air to come in and out.

 

She let her head fall backwards, looking up at the sky as her hands were placed by the side of her body, helping her hold herself up. She hasn’t realized that Yongguk was still holding onto her, settled in between her legs; he was quietly watching her, completely fantasizing about her.

 

Looking back in front of her, her breath got stuck in at the proximity in between them. He was still staring at her leaving her heart to pound faster against her chest, reminding her of the attraction she felt towards him.

 

Too startled by the intensity of his gaze, the next thing she knew, she found her lips softly attached to his. At the contact, her eyes closed instantly. The innocent kiss over, he hesitantly pulled away but stayed close enough to rest his forehead against hers, his eyes looking down at her lips.

 

He caught her lips once more and this time made the kiss stronger, parting her lips. Feeling weak, she gave in and kissed him back, her hands trailing away from the hood of the car and slid them up his arms until she was cupping his cheeks as he grasped her strongly by her waist, letting her body slide closer to his.

 

He was starting to lose his self control the more he was kissing her, letting himself get entangled in the swirling emotions in the pit of his stomach. Tilting his head to the side to deepen the kiss, he let his one hand gently hold her by her cheek, his fingers entwined with the locks of her hair.

 

She, on the other hand, was having a hard time grasping onto reality.

 

Her mind was a total blank and her heart was just rapidly beating, it kind of ached her chest from the excitement and faint desire coming back to her.

 

Feeling something wet falling over them, they broke away and looked up. The weather was quickly changing with the few raindrops falling turning into a pouring fest. They quickly got inside the car, loudly shutting the door with only their breaths being heard.

 

Turning their heads to look at each other, a small chuckle escaped from them before they were starting to calm down.

 

He suddenly leaned over, abruptly pressing his lips against hers, both hands holding her by her cheeks. The same intensity from a few seconds ago sparked back with Jieun who was also starting to lose her self-control. Placing her hand above his, she quickly pulled herself away and pushed Yongguk back against his seat before surprising him as she got off her place and went to sit on his lap – well trying to, anyways – ending up on her knees, placed on each side of his body as she was holding onto him by his shoulders, his hands straight on her waist.

 

Not wasting another second, he pulled the chair backwards, giving them more space before letting his fingers back into her hair, pulling her face to him to capture her lips once again.

 

What the hell took over her to be acting the way she was at the moment? It was unlike her and they both knew it, and yet she couldn’t stop herself; neither did she want too. As for Yongguk, he let her be, thinking that she was like this just because she wanted him. A part of him was hesitant but because she was being like this however, he didn’t dwell on the worry.

 

He helped her take off her jacket and threw it at the back seat, along with his before she pulled herself away from his chest as she reached out for the hem of her shirt and quickly took it off, leaving her with her bra.

 

He gulped down at the sight, their breathing heavy from the lack of air. She tugged at his shirt, trying to get it off and once the task was done, she held onto him by his neck before crashing her lips straight to his, taking his breath away by her sudden gesture.

 

She grabbed onto the side handle that was linked to the seat and pulled it so it would become easier for them to lay down – well, almost.

 

He let his hands caress her body, leaving the contrast between his warmth and her cold skin to send shivers down her spine, emitting a faint moan between their locked lips. His fingers soon found themselves trying to unclasp her bra but could barely keep focus because of the sudden movement of her hips against his pelvis, making him groan in delight. Once he got a hold of the piece of clothe and unhooked it, she was letting the straps fall passed her shoulders and down her arms without having it completely fall off.

 

A sudden buzz was slowly catching their attention, its incessant noise becoming annoying.

 

Realizing that it was Yongguk’s phone, they reluctantly pulled away from each other as he picked it out from his pocket while Jieun was holding onto her bra by crossing her arms over her chest.

 

“I gotta go back on campus… I just got reminded about the football practice later.”

 

“O-oh… Okay…”

 

“Do you want me to bring you back home?”

 

“Hmm, yea, okay.”

 

She got off from him and went to sit back on her seat, quickly fixing her bra before reaching out for her shirt and putting it back on, the atmosphere suddenly getting tense.

 

The air was finally reaching her brain, making her realize about her sudden outburst while trying to figure out what the hell came over her.

 

For the rest of the ride, they haven’t said one word to each other, both of them looking away and being awkward.

 

Once he reached her house, the rain seemed to have calmed down a little bit. She quickly grabbed her bag and her coat, and jumped out of the car without a goodbye to Yongguk. She ran straight over the lawn and went towards the entrance of the backyard, towards the pool house and just shut the door without looking back.

 

As for him, well he was obviously confused by her storming off the way she did.

 

He watched her disappear behind the bush by the sidewalk and sighed as he leaned back against his seat, running his fingers through his hair.

 

‘What the just happened?’

 

He got carried away - again – and didn’t deny it. There wasn’t any point in doing so.

 

Should they talk about what happened or should he just let the issue go, in fear that he would anger her?

 

One thing was for sure, he wanted her. It wasn’t just a mere crush anymore, he was actually having feelings for this girl and he needed to let them out; he wanted her to know and hopefully, if he actually goes through to confessing to her, she would accept it.

 

He tried to convince himself that she would just because of what had just happened between them today. Either way, he knew how she felt about him – thanks to her friends. It gave him the courage he needed so he could move forward and take this step into actually confessing now that he knew how strongly he was feeling about her.

 


 

After he came back to school, the rain had stopped completely.

 

He went to his last class and then went to his football practice.

 

Once his day was finally done, he hurried back to his car and climbed inside as he placed his bag on the seat next to him. The moment he closed the door, he jumped in surprise at the sound of Bong Cha’s voice… and appearance.

 

She was …

 

In the backseat of his car.

 

Oh yes, it’s happening.

 

“Hello there big boy~” Voicing out with a seductive tone, it only left Yongguk startled as he looked away from the girl as she was leaning in the space between the two front seats, her arms resting on the top of each seats. “Bong Cha?! What do you think you’re doing?!!”

 

“I wanted to see you.”

 

“You don’t need to be for that. Get dressed and get the hell out of my car!”

 

“Mhmm, baby, why are you so tense?” She slid both her arms from the back, past his shoulders to his chest where she nuzzled her face in the crook of his neck. He quickly pushed himself away and got out of his car, slamming the door close in anger.

 

Annoyed, Bong Cha quickly put back her cheerleading uniform before getting out of the car and slamming the door shut.

 

“What the hell were you thinking pulling that stunt?!”

 

“What? You’re afraid she will see you with your girlfriend?!”

 

“YOU’RE NOT MY GIRLFRIEND. Not anymore. And what you did to her was way out of line.”

 

“Pfft, like I care. She had it coming.” She took a few steps, closing in the distance between them while Yongguk was glaring at her with frustration boiling inside of him. “As for you~ I blame her for messing up your mind. You’ll be back to me in no time.”

 

He scoffed, irritated by her attitude and backed away from her. “You’re crazy if you think we’ll hook up again. I’m done with your bull, go find someone else and leave me and Jieun alone.”

 

He walked past her, climbed inside his car and rushed out of the parking lot leaving Bong Cha to burst out her frustration with a muffled scream, stomping her foot right on the cement. With a short breath out of , she walked away, trying to figure out what to do to ruin her step-sister’s life.

 

As for Yongguk, he needed a breather.

 

So much had happened today, he didn’t know where to put his head. The only solution that came to his mind was to put everything out and there was only one way to do this – his way, obviously.

 

Driving into the city, he parked his car by the sidewalk once he arrived at the particular spot. Getting out of the car, he quickened his steps towards a strange and rusty old looking place and went straight for the alley, reaching out for the entrance as he knocked on the metal door. The entry open, he smiled when he saw a slightly older woman smiling brightly at him. “Hey there Guk, it’s been a while~”

 

“Yea, I know…”

 

“You look like you want to talk.”

 

“Is it okay if I come in?”

 

“Mhmm, of course!” Stepping inside, he gave the woman a hug, making her giggle at the sudden affection, gently his back before pulling herself away from him. “Is everything okay?”

 

“Things could be better.”

 

“Okay then, let’s talk.”