The One with the Misunderstanding

Cinderella
Episode 19

 

 

With a shy giggle escaping her lungs, she pulled him to have his body hover above hers as she cupped his face to gently kiss his lips. He lowered himself further, pressing his body against hers as his hands wandered down the sides of her body, lovingly caressing her skin. From down her hips, back up to her waist and further up to the sides of her s, he let his hand slid to her arms until he had her fingers intertwined with hers and placed them up above her head, all the while their kiss turned into soft small pecks going from her lips, down to her neck, reaching down her collarbone.

 

Her breathing got heavier, her hands squeezing his the further he got down to her chest.

 

She called out his name within her choppy breaths, trying to gain his attention only to hear him hum against her skin.

 

“G-Guk, yo-our mom i-s just o-outside.”

 

“Mhmm~”

 

“W-e should st-stop-” She gasped as she felt his teeth nibble on the skin of her neck, marking with yet, another hickey. He chuckled against her neck, letting her feel the vibration of his voice course through her. She tried to push him away gently but felt him press harder against her, knowing what she was trying to do. She called his name with a whine, earning another laughter from him before finally having to look at him. “What is your mother going to think of me now? Hmm?”

 

“Don’t worry about her, she adores you anyways~”

 

“Still, I don’t want her to think that I’m a s-”

 

“She won’t. I promise you, okay?” She sighed, giving up, and nodded her head before quickly pecking his lips as they pulled away from each other. “What do you want to do today?” Caressing her back before wrapping his arms around her, his chin was resting on her shoulder, making her head turn to smile at him as she leaned her back against his chest. “Well, it’s Christmas today. How about we celebrate?~”

 

“Then we should start with a shower, don’t you think?”

 

“Huh?”

 

Before having time to fully process what he said, she was quickly taken out of bed as she was lifted in his arms. He led them to his bathroom and shut the door behind, placing her back on his feet. She grasped onto one of his towel right by her side and covered herself, only making him laugh. “What are you hiding for? I’ve already seen everything~”

 

“Yah-” Her sentence was cut short by the abrupt kiss on his part as he swiftly took the towel away, making her walk backwards until they reached the tub. He pulled away, gently her cheeks, leaving her to blush from his intense stare.

 

“Let’s get cleaned up, hmm?”

 


 

“Yongguk? Can we… talk for a moment?”

 

“Hmm, yea, sure.”

 

While Jieun was busy finishing up back in Yongguk’s room, the boy had just come down the stairs where he spotted his mother walking in circles until she had spotted him, stopping her pace.

 

He followed her to the kitchen, both taking a seat at the table where the mother was staring down at the surface, rubbing her hands together as she took in a deep breath before looking up at her son who was patiently waiting to see what she wanted. “So…”

 

“So…”

 

“About what happened earlier…”

 

“Mom? Are you mad?”

 

“N-not mad per say, just, hmm…”

 

“Surprised?”

 

“Yes! Surprised! Hmm… H-how long have you two-”

 

“That’s a tricky question but hmm… technically it would be our second time…”

 

“Okay… Were you two careful?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Because you know what happens if you guys are not careful, right?”

 

“You don’t need to worry-”

 

“I know, I know. You two are responsible enough to understand the consequences but… Are you sure about this? I mean… isn’t it too early? For you guys?”

 

“I love her.”

 

“Oh! W-wow, hmm… did you tell her that?”

 

“I was about too but you walked in.” His mother let out a chuckle and shook her head. She took a hold of Yongguk’s hands, each in her own, and gave them a faint squeeze while caringly looking at him with that motherly smile. She reached out for his cheek, softly his chin with the boy smiling back at his mother. “You’ve grown up way to fast Yongguk… I still think of you as my baby boy.”

 

“It doesn’t mean that I’m eighteen that I’m not your baby anymore mom.”

 

“I know, I know… I love you sweetie.”

 

“I love you too.”

 


 

Back to school

 

 

After Christmas and New Year, the kids were back on campus, resuming to their school classes and activities.

 

This is where things take a turn for the worse, unfortunately.

 

Do you guys remember that flyer Jieun picked up a few months ago? – episode 14, to be exact – Oh well, its coming back to bite her in the ; you’ll see how.

 

Oh yes, Bong Cha had something up her sleeve, with the effect that will ripple through Yongguk’s and Jieun’s relationship.

 

It was time for lunch with the students exiting their classes as they strolled in the hallway towards the cafeteria, eager to finally eat their meal. As for the couple in question, the haven’t seen each other yet until Yongguk skipped his way to Jieun’s locker, surprising her by standing behind and swiftly wrapping his arms around her waist, letting his chin rest on the top of her head. The gesture left his girlfriend to smile, turning up to greet him with a kiss, as he dropped his head down to meet her lips.

 

Pulling away, he leaned against the locker by her side and watched her as she emptied her bag from her morning books before closing the metal door. “Ready to eat?”

 

“Sure~”

 

An arm around her shoulders, they were walking towards the cafeteria when they were the aim of subtle whispers and discreet stares, eventually catching there attention. Feeling uncomfortable, she pulled away his arm, making her think that the PDA was bothering them.

 

But the more she was looking around, the stares portrayed a sense of disgust and shock, catching the couple’s curiosity. “What’s going on?”

 

“I don’t know but I really don’t like how they are looking at us…”

 

“Guk… they are looking at me… That’s not g-good.”

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll figure this out.”

 

They were walking to the entrance of the cafeteria where Jieun quickly grabbed hold onto Yongguk’s hand, he gave a light squeeze to reassure her that she had nothing to worry about. Walking in, she quickly caught sight of her friends. She turned to her boyfriend, letting him know that she’ll be back and left him waiting in line as she went to join her friends at their table a little bit further away. “What’s with that look on your faces? What’s going on?”

 

“Rumors are flying around about you and Yongguk…”

 

“They have been since we started dating-”

 

“Not about the party… about something else.”

 

Taking a seat next to Sunhwa, Jieun’s heart was starting to rapidly beat at the sight of a picture being slid her way. Her eyes wide open, her breath got stuck in seeing the content of the photograph, leaving her to gasp before looking back up. “Who took this?!”

 

“We don’t know but from what’s going on right now… Apparently the source of this rumor started with hmm… Bong Cha.”

 

“What?! What did she say about this?!”

 

“It’s quite simple actually Jieun.” The voice of her step-sister made the four girls lift their head up at the sight of the cheerleader, looking smug in her sports uniform, her arms crossed over her chest as she was accenting the side of her hips, holding herself stronger on one leg. “You’re a . I mean, why would you be cheating on your boyfriend? Hmm? Isn’t Yongguk good enough for you, you have to go around for another man? An older man?”

 

“YAH! What the hell!” Shooting herself up from the seat, Jieun was standing dangerously close to Bong Cha, suddenly leaving the entire room quiet at the sight. “What do you think you’re doing? Huh?! Those pictures prove nothing!”

 

“Why are you getting so worked up then? Hmm?”

 

“Ugh! You’re such a ! Are you that desperate to get him back? Hmm? Are you that jealous that he prefers me over you?”

 

“Sweetie, he will always come back to me~ You’ll see. He’ll eventually get tired of a boring girl like you and move back to me.”

 

“Tsk, he’d rather stay clean to go back to being dirtied by a slime like you.” Using the step-sister’s words against her, the cheerleader looked back at Jieun ready to jump her. She was about too actually when Yongguk interrupted them, holding in his hands the pictures in question.

 

Jieun glanced from the photos to her boyfriend, trying to voice out the misunderstanding; Bong Cha took this chance to walk to the boy, playing innocent. “You see Guk? She is just playing you~ I mean, those pictures are proof enough Gukkie… Jieun is just using you. What would a girl like her would want with the famous and oh-so loved quarterback of our school? Hmm?”

 

“J-Jieun?”

 

“Are you really going to listen to her?! After the crap she put you through?!”

 

The boy was left speechless, leaving only the eyes and soft whispers of the other students echo across the cafeteria. Bong Cha eyed Jieun amusingly, looking at her step-sister with a smug smile, to tell her ‘I win’ while Jieun stared at Yongguk in shock, waiting for him to speak up. “Guk, tell me you don’t believe her. It’s just a misunderstanding!”

 

“Misunderstanding? Really?” Her head turned back to the cheerleader, huffing out her ‘disbelief’. Not able to stand the humiliation any longer, Jieun jumped on the other girl as she hit her right in the face, making them engage into a full girl fight, leaving the crowd to roar in excitement and shock.

 

They soon got interrupted once again with the appearance of the principal – hurray~ – leaving Jieun and Bong Cha to be pulled away from each other with force, their heavy breaths escaping their lungs.

 

“What the hell is going on between you two?! Jieun?! Explain yourself!”

 

“Me?! That wench is the one that started this!”

 

“Ugh! Both of you! In my office! NOW!”

 

Fixing her clothes, Jieun glared at Yongguk before walking away from him, following her step-mother’s order, leaving the rest of the students to stare at them as the little ‘family’ walked away from them, leaving the room to resume back to what they were previously doing.

 

As for Yongguk, a sigh came out of his mouth, his fingers running through his hair. Looking down at the pictures, he simply threw them in the closest trash bin and walked away, needing another one of his breathers.

 

 

Things aren’t stopping there I’m afraid… After sunshine and rainbows comes the storm.