The One with the Bang

Cinderella
Episode 1

 

 

Seoul High, one of the many high schools that surrounds the capital of South Korea.

 

It’s big enough to welcome hundreds of students and luckily (or not) enough, I’m one of these students.

 

Starting my senior and last year as yet again the quarterback of my football team, I’m also the captain, raising me up in that high school hierarchy as new royalty.

 

I sound cocky much, don’t I?

 

But hey, that’s how high school works: be popular and you’ll survive your way out with a great scholarship or be an outcast and yeah, good luck.

 

And by the way, it’s not cockiness, it’s confidence.

 

Anyways, where was I?

 

Oh yea, back to me!

 

So like I was saying, I’m the new king in that household and just like every royal pairs, I do have my queen. The typical popular girl and captain of the school’s cheerleading team; a winning team of course, just like mine, except that I’m so not interested in her.

 

She’s too clingy and too superficial for a simple guy like me, but hey; I need a good appearance so why the hell not have her by my side?

 

But a clear reminder: she’s not my type. At all.

 

Just, keep it as a secret. Okay?

 

And don’t ask me what’s my type of girl. I don’t know yet. When I’ll know it; you will. Got it? Now, moving on!

 

Like I was saying just a few short seconds ago, I’m pretty much the ‘king’ on my high school grounds but outside I’m just a normal guy with normal hobbies – whatever that is.

 

Family wise, I have a little brother. Well he’s more of a step brother since my mom and his dad are dating, which leaves me to be taking care of him since we all live under the same roof. I’ll have to admit that he’s a pretty nice kid for his age and pretty insightful too (even though he’s not even in high school yet). My mom is pretty cool and her boyfriend isn’t so bad either but they do lecture me from time to time especially whenever I fail a class, which is happening this year too, by the way.

 

Chemistry.

 

We’re already halfway through the senior year and I’m flunking it badly. If I get any worse, the teacher threatened me to pull me out of the football team and I can’t let that happen; I have scouts coming to look out for me leading me to have a football scholarship! That teacher can be such a pain in the sometimes, ugh.

 

Anyways, putting that aside, high school life is pretty much normal if you ask me; nothing really out of the ordinary except for the usual rumors that keep roaming around the hallways or the tiny scandals between gossip groups and whatnot, but hey, who am I to complain when I’m at the top?

 

My life is perfect~ so far and I love it!

 

Royalty? I got it

 

The girl? I got it

 

Friends? I got plenty!

 

The future? Pfft! Already in my pocket!

 

School? Right in the palm of my hand~

 

Everything is right where its suppose to be and with this; I’m out!

 

Oh yea, before I forget; my name is Bang Yongguk, the pretty boy of Seoul High~