The One with the Wedding

Cinderella
Episode 25 - Finale

 

 

 

Seven months later

 

Fall season was back, slowly spreading its colors from the grass to the cool air, the wind gently blowing across the city.

 

With its beautiful weather on a Sunday, a wedding ceremony had taken place and now it has been moved to the reception, where the real party was starting.

 

The band was playing their music in the background while the newlyweds were receiving congratulatory messages from their guests, a lively atmosphere surrounding the area with laughter and smiles.

 

Soon enough, it was time for the couple’s first dance together. The dance floor cleared out, only leaving the new Mrs. Choi walking to her new husband who was waiting in the center, stretching out his hand for the bride. Taking their positions, the acoustic guitar started to play its introductory music before the singer started.

 

“When I was younger I saw my daddy cry

 And curse at the wind.”

 

The moment that voice reached the oldest sibling of the family, his head swiftly turned around only to be left breathless at his sight. ‘Jieun?’

 

“And that was the day that I promised

I’d never sing of love if it does not exist.”

 

From across the room, Yongguk was awestruck. Someone, who he hasn’t heard from since that infamous night at the musical, was just a few feet away, singing at his mother’s wedding.

 

His hands rested inside his pants pocket, gazing at the girl he was still in love with. The moment they had locked eyes, he noticed the shocked expression on her face but the lyrics of the cover song made up the surprise she felt as she kept her eyes on him, singing her heart to him.

 

“You are the only exception.

 

Maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul

That love never lasts.

And we’ve got to find other ways to make it alone,

Or keep a straight face.”

 

The past seven months have been nothing but dreadful for the boy, and for Jieun. She had forgiven him a long time ago but never got the courage to find him and tell him that she loved him too. It’s not that she didn’t want to, she just didn’t have the time anymore not after having the same man from the agency she had audition for, was in the audience that night of the play, wanting to offer her a contract under the record label.

 

As it turns out, she had a call back but since Bong Cha had stolen her phone, she never got the news and simply thought that she hadn’t made the cut and if it wasn’t for the man’s persistence, she wouldn’t have made it as a trainee in order to have the solo career she dreamed of.

 

For Yongguk, after graduation was over, he was quickly sent out to another agency that wanted to meet him; that call he had received from his friend was just to tell him that someone wanted to meet him and talk about his possible music career. Knowing that he wasn’t going anywhere with football anyways and that his passion for that sport had died, he gave it a go because music was all he had left. And just like Jieun, he had a contract offered to start an official solo rapping career in the music industry.

 

“And up until now I have sworn to myself

That I’m content with loneliness

Because none of it was ever worth the risk.

Well you are the only exception.”

 

She hasn’t looked away from him and still sang to him as if he was the only one in the room. He was still as mesmerized to hear her voice just like the first time and he could feel his heart flutter through every word that was spoken out through the soft melody of the ballad, her voice just adding that little spark that tingled the nerves all over his body.

 

“And I’m on my way to believing.

Oh, and I’m on my way to believing.”

 

The last note echoed and the people applauded. The band restarted to play their instrumental music as Jieun got off the stage and out of the room needing some alone time before facing the inevitable.

 

Yongguk watched her go, a slight frown appearing across his face as he noticed the rushed movements in her steps. Standing by for a few seconds, he was about to make a move when he was stopped by his step-brother, a smirk appearing on his lips. “Did you like the performance? She’s good, huh?”

 

“You little rascal, you’re the one that brought her here?” Yongguk ruffled his step-brother’s hair in playfulness as his gummy smile was spreading on the corner of his lips, a chuckle coming out. “Well, they wanted someone to perform for their first dance, so I suggested her.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Nodding in acknowledgement, Junhong was soon pulled away by the arm by Hyojin who was begging for a dance with her new boyfriend. Watching him get dragged away, Yongguk could only laugh as he shook his head. Once he calmed down, he let out a short breath as he was ready to make his way out only to be called on stage to deliver the toast. Just then, Jieun appeared back inside the reception room while standing by the entrance, just as Yongguk was walking his way up the small stage with everybody taking their respective seats at their tables.

 

He took the microphone in his hand, gave a quick glance towards Jieun before looking back at the audience in front of him, including to his mother and new stepfather.

 

“As some of you may know, my mom and I have been one for most of my life. It was always us two. She was – and still is – the best friend I could’ve asked for. Without having much of a father figure while growing up, she filled both roles, the one of the loving mother and the one of the caring father. The results must’ve been great because, well, I’m here.”

 

Slight chuckles were heard from the audience as Yongguk glanced lovingly at his mother, knowing that she was about to cry anytime now.

 

“So it’s pretty much safe to say that she was the only family that I had during my childhood, and to me that was the best thing because I didn’t need anything else, nor anyone else. And then, she met Jae Min. I remember the first time she told me about it, I’ve never hated anyone more than I hated him because I felt like he was stealing something precious away from me, as if he was stealing a jewel that I worked so hard on keeping to myself.”

 

He swallowed, taking a moment to himself before speaking back up, continuing with his speech.

 

“And slowly, that’s when I realized that there was a glow slowly painting itself on her face. I was so protective of her, I wanted to be the only man in her life, I wanted to protect her from having her heart broken because I knew how hard it was for her to get her life back together after the one that walked out on us, I didn’t want her to go through that pain again. I wanted to be the only man in her life. With Jae Min in the picture, I realized that there was so much more that I couldn’t offer because I just wasn’t qualified for it.”

 

He took another moment to quickly gather his thoughts, and that’s when his eyes landed on Jieun before looking back in front of him.

 

“And that’s also when I realized that she needed more love, a love that would be able to make you feel complete and safe within that person’s warmth. A love that makes you want to be a better person because they bring out the best in you. I knew my mom still loved me and I also knew that she was falling in love with that man; I could see how fond she was of him and how brighter and happier she was becoming. He was making her a better person even though that part wasn’t necessary because to me, she is just the best of the best. But even at that, I still wasn’t sure about him, because I was still afraid that he would walk out.

 

But then… but then I noticed the way he was looking at her, as if she was the only woman in the room, despite how crowded it could be. I noticed the subtle way he cares for her, from the simplest gestures to the bigger things. I noticed the way he would spoil her and shower her with gifts. I noticed the loving way he would take on any tasks knowing how tired she could get at the end of a hard day at work, either preparing dinner or cleaning the house.”

 

Another set of laughter was heard across the room, leaving Yongguk to smile along before finishing up what he had to say.

 

“The moment I knew that things were going to change was the first time I heard him say ‘I love you’ to my mom. That’s when I knew that he was serious because I could hear how genuine he was, and just how much she meant to him. I never really thought that it was going to lead to a wedding, but it did and I couldn’t be more happier. But seriously, Jae Min. You screw up and I’m coming after you.”

 

This time, the chuckles turned louder into full laughter as Yongguk gestured to his new father the famous ‘I’ll be watching you’ glare, making the older man laugh as well as he nodded his head in acknowledgement.

 

“And I also want to thank you. You didn’t just bring something for my mom but you also brought something for me. I thought that being an only child was pretty neat since I would be constantly spoiled but when you brought Junhong, I didn’t realize that having a brother was better than being alone because I also made myself a new friend. We had our moments where we couldn’t stand each other – a common thing for every siblings – but he never let me down and hopefully I haven’t done so either.”

 

He paused again and gave another glance at Jieun, who was now standing a little bit closer in front of him, having walked away from the entrance. The moment they locked eyes as he spoke again, she knew he was talking to her; he didn’t have to stare long though, because she still knew that he was using this speech to talk to her.

 

“Because that feeling you carry when you know you broke someone’s heart… It’s the worst. Everybody dealt with it at some point and even I did, and I still do, and I know that it happened to my mom and Jae Min at some point. When it happens… you feel like everything is over. Your world turns into a complete chaotic mess and you try to fix things by picking up the pieces but even at that, sometimes things won’t work out and you have to move on. For Mom and Jae Min, they were able to move past this and find another shelter to love freely. This is why they are the couple I look up too. They were able to move past the obstacles that came their way, either big or small, and were always able to build again over the old ruins, stronger than ever.”

 

He let out a sigh, his hand placed over his stomach as he gently gave a few pats. “Now I’m hungry and I’m sure that you guys are too, so for one last time. Congratulations to the new married couple. Jae Min and Junhong, welcome to the family. Mom, I love you and remember, even after nineteen years, I’m still your baby boy~ Cheers!”

 

Applause and laughter echoed across the reception room as everybody started to settle down, ready to finally start their meals. With Yongguk getting off the stage, he shyly made his way to Jieun, one hand scratching the back of his neck while she was looking at him with her arms behind her back. “That was a nice – long – but nice speech. Your mom is lucky to have a son like you.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

She took one step closer to him, crossing her arms over her chest without looking away from him as she softly spoke up. “And hopefully I’m not conceited when I say this, but I listened to what you said and I do agree… the worst feeling in the world is knowing that you’ve let somebody down.”

 

He took a second to let her words sink in and then gave a quick glance around before setting his eyes back on her. “Do you, hmm, want to talk?”

 

“Please.”

 

They both walked out of the reception, until they were outside, in the backyard, where the cool air was gently blowing. He noticed the way she would casually rub her arms to heat herself up and took this chance to take off his suit jacket to place it over her shoulders, keeping her warm. She softly thanked him and slipped it on properly before they started to aimlessly walk around, admiring the surroundings of the garden.

 

They stayed quiet for a while until Jieun took a breath of courage to speak out first.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Huh? Why are you apologizing?”

 

“Because I’ve been a to you… Sometimes I think that I’ve been acting worse than Bong Cha towards you. A part of me kept saying over and over again how breaking up with you was the biggest mistake I’ve ever made and that I should forgive you and move on, but I kept ignoring it and now I realize that, I didn’t know why I pushed it away… So I’m sorry.”

 

He stopped in his track, gently taking a hold of her arm as he made her stop, tugging her back to him. “You had every right to be angry at me Jieun. I hurt you. I was weak and especially stupid to have been that way towards you.”

 

“Damn right you were…” She had mumbled softly, a slight pout appearing on her lips with her bottom lip faintly sticking out, her head down, looking away from him until he lifted her head back up by her chin. “And I hate myself for what happened. I knew the kind of person she was, and I knew that she would have done anything to break us apart.”

 

“And she succeeded.” Once again her words were just a mere whisper, hiding the crack in her voice. Staring right into her eyes, he could see the sadness and it left a thud in his heart. He leaned in closer until their breaths were starting to mingle and gingerly spoke, barely inches away from . “Do you love me?” She breathed out a stuttered ‘yes’, her head hastily nodding at his question. He tenderly placed his lips against hers, giving her an innocent kiss before slightly pulling away.

 

“Do you still think she succeeded? Because if she did… I don’t think you’d be here right now, talking to me, letting me hold you and kiss you again as if we never parted for seven months… She never won Ssongjji, she never has and never will.” She shook her head, repeating back his last words as a way to convince herself that he was right. He pressed his lips, once again, against hers and this time deepened the kiss right away while still keeping it gentle. She trailed her arms up until she wrapped them around his neck, immediately responding to the caress.

 

He had gently cupped her cheeks deepening the kiss even further, the vast emotions they had felt for each other rushing over in a wave, hitting them all at once.

 

“Yah! Yongguk Hyung! Anymore and you’re going to her tongue out of ! Let the woman breathe!”

 

At the sound of the intruder’s voice, they quickly pushed themselves away from each other, their heads turning to the side as they spotted Junhong and Hyojin laughing at both of them. The younger ones ran off just as Yongguk was about to catch them until he was stopped by Jieun who grabbed him by his arm.

 

Turning back to her, she was showing him a small smile still feeling the flutter in her heart he caused. Smiling back, he caught her lips back to his, giving quick and small kisses before finally pulling away.

 

“Do you want to get out of here? I’m still hungry~”

 

“We’ll have to be quick though, I’m on a tight schedule.”

 

“Schedule?”

 

“Mhmm. I’m a trainee now~” He looked back at her, taken by surprise by Jieun’s answer as she told him about the night of the musical and how the agency rep came by to see her after she didn’t come to the callbacks for the second round of auditions.

 

“Well dear, that makes the two of us.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Mhmm. Thanks to Natasha who told me that someone was looking for me and it turned out to be a rep that wanted to talk business~”

 

“Then I guess we should find a way to collaborate one day, what do you think?”

 

“I’d love that very much.” A plastered grin across his face, he pecked her nose and took a hold of her hand, quickly sneaking away from the party until she tried to stop him, confused about where he was going to take her.

 

“W-wait, Yongguk, what about the wedding?”

 

“Nah, they’ll understand after seeing what I’ve been like for these past few months.” Jieun smiled a bit sadly after hearing that but seeing Yongguk’s signature gummy smile and wink made her laugh and shake her head.

 

“So where are we going?” Jieun asked as she followed along. Yongguk looked down at her still with that loving smile on his face and gently squeezed her hand.

 

“I’m taking you back to our castle, my dear Cinderella.” Jieun looked back at him with a slightly surprised look on her face then let out a bright laugh making Yongguk chuckle along with her. She gently squeezed his hand back and said,

 

“I’d love that very much, my Prince~”

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

And they lived happily ever after!

 

Okay, that’s cheesy – true – BUT this is where the story ends~

We don’t need to see them drive and disappear through the sunset, they are just going to the diner to grab a bite.

As for what happens next, well it’s all up to you dear readers ;)

 



 

A/N: *gasp* It's over! and hopefully it wasn't too disappointing OTL

I wanna thank everybody who subscribed, upvoted and left a comment, I really, really appreciate it! <3

Despite how fluffy and cheesy it was, I hope you guys still enjoyed it. It was my first attempt to write something that wasn't MBLAQ related and hopefully it came out good :)

 

Hmm, oh yea, I'm going to be writing more about Yongguk and B.A.P in the future, (they are soo catching onto my bias list, you guys have no idea OTL) the next one being a Joon x Sojin x Yongguk drama that will maybe come out in December, depending on how things go and how busy I'll get.

 

Thanks again for the support! <3

I'm sending you guys lots and lots of love, xoxo

 

P.S - I did write a short Yongguk story before, but I don't really count it since it was done in the 'spur of the moment' but for those who wanted to read it, here you go :) - False Hope