The One with the Drunk Dialing

Cinderella
Episode 23

 

 

 

The rest of the week went by with pretty much the same thing going on between Yongguk and Jieun. She was avoiding him while he tried to find a way to talk to her while thinking about how he could win her back.

 

Even at the best opportunities he got to speak with her, she would always brush him off, leaving him angry that she wouldn’t give him a chance to hear him out.

 

It got to him so deeply, he ended up spending his nights at the club, throwing out his emotions into his performances as he was blocking away everything else but the break up.

 

It got to him so deeply, he needed to wash away the pain.

 

He couldn’t stand it anymore.

 

Since he was spending his nights at the club, he took this chance to pour himself a couple of drinks, away from his friends’ eyes so he wouldn’t get caught, and let the bitter taste linger on his tongue, distracting him slightly from the heartache.

 

On that particular night, he had chugged down one full bottle alone, letting jealousy creep back up his veins; earlier today, as classes have ended, he already knew that the tutoring class wouldn’t happen and knew where Jieun would be instead.

 

Down the hall, he walked to the auditorium and quietly slipped inside where he found a spot at the back, discretely blending in with the empty seats. He was watching the rehearsal happening in front of him and at the sight of the Prince, he curled his hands into fists, his knuckles turning white in desirousness as he watched the confession scene unravel in front of him.

 

When he was doing that part, he wasn’t even reading from the lines and would always come up with something new to say, which amused Jieun, but now, watching this made him cringe as he listened to the words that were so foreign to him because he knew that they weren’t true and yet it made him angry and jealous to see that she was – supposedly – already moving on.

 

Watching her smile to another boy broke his heart. That sadness left him infuriated the moment he saw the kissing scene where the Prince had to take the Princess by surprise with a kiss. Seeing this made him miss the way her lips would feel against his whenever he was kissing her; he loved taking her breath away and leaving her flustered when he would suddenly just plant a kiss, either a sweet peck or a long and passionate caress.

 

He couldn’t stand the sight anymore so he had left, but not as quietly as he had first entered; he stormed out, violently opening the door, which caught the drama club’s attention – Jieun quickly recognized him and felt her heart squeeze even though she tried not to feel bad about what he saw. It’s not like they were together anyways, right?

 

They quickly went back to practice only to leave Hana running out of the theater, hoping to catch up to Yongguk.

 

Yes, she hated him for hurting her friend the way he did but she was still rooting for them knowing that this break up was a waste; he shouldn’t be forgiven easily, this she knew, but she also wanted to see her friend genuinely happy again and the only way to get that back was to fix what was broken.

 

“Yah! Yongguk! Wait!”

 

She caught up to him as she took a hold of his arm making him stop as he turned around, surprised by Hana’s appearance. “We need to talk.”

 

“If it’s about Jieun-”

 

“It is.” They let a short silence pass through them before Yongguk softly spoke up. “H-how is she?”

 

“What do you think?”

 

“She’s not the only one that has a heartache, you know. I’m hurt too.”

 

“Yea, but you’re the one that caused it.”

 

“I know. Don’t need to remind me.” He breathed out, letting his head drop to look down the floor as he ruffled his hair before looking back up at the girl. “I want her back. I need her back. Help me win her back, please.”

 

She could see the sorrow in his eyes but she didn’t know what to make of it. She lost his trust when she found out he cheated on her best friend but she was also left conflicted of wanting them back together.

 

“It’s going to be hard because she doesn’t trust you… And frankly neither do I anymore.”

 

“Help me… please. I-I’ll do whatever it takes to fix this, please!”

 

She took a moment to ponder over this, until an idea popped inside her head. “She is going to hate me for this… But I think Cinderella needs a new Prince. If you really want to win her back, come by the night of the opening next week. You’ll know what to do from here.”

 

He was brought out of his thoughts when he heard his name being called. Looking around, he spotted Natasha gazing at him in worry and gasped when she noticed the two empty bottles in front of him. “You drank all that?! Are you crazy?! Yah! Do you want to get my license revoked or something?!”

 

Ignoring her, he sipped out from his glass before it got suddenly taken away from him, leaving him confused for a second until he saw the woman empty it out in the sink and took the other two bottles away from him, making him whine. “I don’t know what the hell is going on but you need to stop acting like this. Go home Guk.”

 

“S-she broke u-p with me.”

 

“Jieun?”

 

“Mhmm. Because I-I was bad.”

 

“What did you do?”

 

“I let that of an ex-girlfriend touch me… If you know what I mean.”

 

A sigh out of Natasha’s mouth, she shook her head and walked around the bar until she was standing next to Yongguk. She took his arm and placed it around her shoulders as she dragged him to the back of the club, so he could rest on the couch inside her office.

 

Once she opened the door, she dragged him to the sofa and dropped him, making him groan in dissatisfaction. “That’s what you get for being so easily played off. Now go to sleep.”

 

She walked out and shut the door leaving the boy by himself.

 

From laying down, he sat up and covered his face with his hands, his elbows resting on his knees. He stayed like this for a few seconds until he felt his phone vibrate inside his pocket. Taking it out, he looked at the ID of his step-brother texting him about his whereabouts and simply replied with a lie saying that he was going to stay over a friend’s house for the night.

 

The message sent, he stared at the device for a few seconds, his eyes gazing at the background where it was a picture of him with Jieun – the girl happily pecking him on the cheek while he was looking at the camera with his smile across his lips. He clutched the phone tighter inside his hands, his fingers retracing the outline of the pictures.

 

Soft sniffs escaped from his nose, sign of tears that were about to follow. He tried to hold them in but gave out – he hasn’t been crying since the day she broke up with him and all the pent up emotion was finally coming out, thanks to the amount of alcohol he drank.

 

He still wanted to talk to her; he still had that urge to explain himself to her and ask for forgiveness. She had to know that he didn’t mean any of this to happen.

 

Looking back down at his phone, he looked for her number and placed the device by his ear, letting it ring.

 

It went on until it was sent to her voicemail. He dialed her number again only to be sent back, once more, to her voicemail. He repeated the process once again until she had finally answered, without greeting him; he was only welcomed with the silence, her breathing being faint.

 

“Jieun-ah… I’m s-sorry. I love you. I’m sorry for h-urting you – for betraying you. I never meant for this to happen. It’s all h-her fault. Babe, please talk to me. I m-miss you so, so much, I t-think I’m going crazy not talking to you, not kissing your soft and beautiful lips, not hugging you so close to me with your gorgeous body rightfully placed against mine, anymore. I love you Ssongjji, babe please come b-back. I n-need you…”

 


 

The line ended on his side leaving the girl in disbelief at the sudden drunken confession of her ex-boyfriend to her step-sister.

 

In frustration, she threw the phone across her room, landing on her bed, and huffed, her arms crossed over her chest.


“That a**hole is suppose to fall in love with me not… her. Ugh! Why is he so stubborn?! Damn it! I’ll make him understand… One way or the other.”

 



 

A/N: The end is near~

Sorry for the short chapter, the next chapter will be longer, I promise :3

 

Lots of love, xo