6

Reviews

Title : (7/10)

The title quite fits the story and I give 4 points for that. But maybe instead of 'The Last Petal' you could try 'A Love Too Late' or something,since that fits the overall story more. But one thing about your title is that it captures the readers' attention and it looks appealing,so 3 points for that.

Description&Foreword : (8/10)

I give 8 points for your description because I liked last to line which kind of rhymes. It sounds like a poem,a short one. But the remaining 2 points was because of your 'empty' foreword,as you are not suppose to leave it only with the authors' note. Write something more about the story,or maybe a short prologue to attract the readers more. But still,I really really really like your description! ^^

Grammar&Language : (18/20)

Your grammar and language was quite impressive,but the remaining 2 points was for your careless mistakes,but i'm sure if you were to see them,you'd correct them,so make sure to proofread your story more often to avoid these mistakes. However,some of them weren't careless mistakes but sentences that can be improved.

In the 1st paragraph;3rd line, "Could lighten up his mood and boost his happiness,it would only worked if it was her." The sentence seemed incomplete without the 'it would'. Doesn't it? I'm sure it wasn't intentional. Or maybe. LOL.

The last line of the 1st paragraph, "Painfully closed his eyes, as he strengthened/strengthening his soul to open the secret of Sera's heart." I gave you 2 choices,if you want to use the past tense which is from your original line,I advice you insert a 'as he' inside,because it also sounds incomplete without the 'as he' or,if you would like,you should put the 'ing' if you don't want to insert 'as he' inside. Either way,your original line sounded really weird with just the word 'strengthened' alone.

In the paragraph after the first diary entry,in the 5th line, "Acted as if she was fine and acted like nothing ever happened." You shouldn't be repeating the word 'acted' because it sounds abit too long winded and plus,you should not ever use 'something hadn't happened' in this situation because the un-abbreviated form of it is 'something had not happened',which sounds wrong right? Plus in this situation,'nothing' sounds better than 'something',don't you think so too?

Since it's almost a perfect score,there isn't much mistakes to point out here,but do proofread your oneshots so that it wouldn't have any mistakes like these!

Character : (20/20)

Perfect score! I didn't find anything lacking in your characters and you have elaborated their traits perfectly. I know everything about Lay(in the story),he's a fillial child and also a loving boyfriend,he's sometimes considerate but also has his selfish moments which I think it great that you put it there,if not he would practically be a Mary Sue.

For Sera,even though she wasn't really alive during the present time of the story,due to her diary entires I get to see that she's a quiet and shy girl that likes to keep things to herself,since she doesn't tell Lay everything even though he's her boyfriend. I can also tell that she doesn't like being a burden and tries her best to impress the people who doesn't like her,which is Lay's mother.

So this is the first time i've given someone a perfect score in the character section so good job there!

Flow of story : (10/10)

Another perfect score. Because you pace everything properly and there isn't any point where you rushed things,nor any point where it was too slow that it seemed boring,so you basically paced everything equally,so full points for you!

Originality&Storyline : (8/10)

Though your story is enjoyable,I can't deny the fact that i've seen something like this somewhere else,but the 5 points was for how you formatted the story with diary entries and present times. Sure it was seen somewhere else but not many people do this,so yea,5 points to you. Your storyline was understandable,meaning I understood each and every part of your story well,which was good! Because most of the fics out there has unclear points and so 3 points for that!

Overall : (71/80)

Nice score! My overall enjoyment for your story was quite okay,it's just that i'm really not EXO biased,so...but I don't rate your story with my personal view towards EXO though,because that would be unfair,wouldn't it? Anyways your storyline was nice and everything just needs a little polish here and there and it would be perfect. Also,improve on some of the points which doesn't sound right,and since English isn't your first language,it would be hard,but take your time! Practice makes perfect! Remember to credit this shop in your foreword so I can cancel your name off the list! Thanks again for requesting at KMS & HMH Review shop!