Chapter 9

My Enduring Love

As the days passed Yejun realized Donghae was no longer over as much and neither did he call as much. That didn’t mean that he was no longer in her life. He made it very clear that he still loved her with all his Instagram and twitter posts.

Yejun was home alone, as usual, when her phone began ringing. She looks at the caller ID and realizes its Donghae. She doesn’t want to answer it so she ignores it and goes back to sleep. Once she closes her eyes her phone stops ringing but her message tone goes off. She takes in a deep breath I know it’s you Donghae. She thinks I’m not going to check, I’m not going to check, I’m not going to check, I’ll check just this once, Yejun opens her phone and yes it was a message from Donghae.

To: Yejun

From: Donghae

Hey ^^ I know you’re awake sleepy head ~~ don’t ignore me :’(

Yejun chuckles at his playfulness but still doesn’t respond to his text. She locks her phone and is about to sleep when she hears her message tone go off again.

To: Yejun

From: Donghae

I’m crying because you’re ignoring me D’:

Yejun locks her phone again but doesn’t close her eyes for another 10 seconds in case he sends another message. 7,  8 , 9, 10 Yejun then closes her eyes but yet again her phone message tone goes off.

To: Yejun

From: Donghae

Hyukkie and I are going out later, want to come? ^^

Yejun turns her head in confusion Hyukkie? Who’s that? Yejun thought to herself. She looks at the time and sees its late and dark outside. Where could they be going at this time? She decides to finally respond when she feels her phone vibrate and she answers it.

“Yubosayo?” Yejun says on the phone in a neutral tone.

“Yejun! H-hey” Donghae stutters. She then hears another male voice on the other side “pabo!”

Yejun turns her head to the side in confusion “Hi” she says dryly.

“Uhm, Hyukjae and I are going out later. Want to go? It’s just a walk.” Donghae said on the other line hesitantly. He didn’t want to bother Yejun but he missed her and wanted to see her.

Hyukjae? Hyukkie? What’s with these nicknames and who is it? Yejun thought to herself. She then remembered flipping through her scrapbook seeing a name like that.

“Uhm, okay. Call me when you’re here. Bye.” Yejun said then hung up the phone. She went into her closet which had quite a few boxes of things which she assumed Donghae had given her before the accident. She found the scrapbook which she was looking for and began to flip through the pages. Then she saw the name Hyukjae. This Hyukjae person was sitting beside Donghae and hugging him. Is he part of Super Junior too? Yejun then googled him and various images came up.

“Whoa, what a sharp jaw line” Yejun said out loud. She observed the various photos of Hyukjae, who’s stage name is apparently Eunhyuk, but he doesn’t look like your typical KPOP star. She then got out of bed and decided to find something to wear. She began to look through her closet when she realized she never closed the box of things which she opened. As she’s about to close it she sees something shiny in it. She takes it out and sees it’s just a silver bracelet.

“It’s pretty isn’t it?” Lindy said leaning on the doorway to Yejun’s room.

Yejun jumped a bit “I didn’t hear your come back”

“I came like 2 seconds ago” Lindy said and walked into Yejun’s room. She looked at the bracelet which Yejun was holding. She remembered Donghae giving it to her. It was the first thing he ever got her and Yejun was so happy about it. But she wouldn’t tell that to Yejun.

“Do you know where I got this from?” Yejun asked Lindy looking at the bracelet.

“No but it’s beautiful. What’s it doing in that box?” Lindy replied knowing very well which box it was in.

“Oh, so I guess Donghae didn’t give it to me. I’m going out with him and someone called Hyukjae later. Help me choose what to wear?” Yejun tells Lindy.

“You haven’t seen Hyukjae in a while. You don’t remember him either do you?” Lindy asks. She knows the whole EunHae best friend, OTP, fangirl thing that goes on. She mostly knows about it because when it as released that Donghae was dating major shippers gave major hate and still do to Yejun. They are as close as brothers and have a really strong bond. Eunhyuk was the first member which Yejun met and they became friends quickly. Hyukjae knew the hate she was receiving was because of him, in a way, so he would become friends with her to try to assure fans that Donghae was in good hands.

“No, I don’t. Should I?” Yejun said.

Lindy didn’t answer her but continued to look through her closet to find something. She pulled out a white lace like material dress with a small brown belt. “Wear this. It’s cute” Lindy said to Yejun.

Yejun put on the dress and got ready to leave. She looked at the time and realized Donghae would soon be here to pick her up. She finished getting herself ready when she heard a knock on the door. She went to go answer it and it was Donghae.

“Hey” he said with a bright smile on his face.

“Hi” Yejun said with a quick smile. They left quickly to the elevators but the whole ride down was silent. Once they entered Donghae’s car he saw that Yejun was on her phone and on her wrist was a silver chain which he gave her.

“I like your bracelet” Donghae said to her with a smirk.

“Thanks, I found it in my closet. I think it’s really pretty” Yejun said. Although the bracelet was just a plain silver bracelet for some reason she loved it. It was something so simple yet she felt like it made her shine, like it made her complete and loved. I need to find another one of these.  Yejun thought to herself.

“Do you remember Hyukjae?” Donghae asks, breaking Yejun’s thought.

“No” Yejun replies

“You’ll love him. Well not as much as me, but he’s like my brother. He is one of the most important people in the world to me. I hope you like him a lot. You got along well with him before.” Donghae said with a smile on his face.

Yejun had googled him and had a feeling that they were close since the first thing that came up when she googled Hyukjae was EunHae. But she didn’t know Donghae looked up to him so much. She began to wonder who this Hyukjae really was and what was so great about him.

They arrived at a park and got out of the car. No one was there and Donghae was wearing a black cap which covered his face. He then began to jump around excitedly and waved his hands in the air frantically. This sudden movement made Yejun jump a bit then looked to wear Donghae was waving at.

A slim man with black skinny jeans and a grey hoodie began to approach them. His hood was covering his face so Yejun couldn’t see who it was but she assumed it was the Hyukjae which Donghae spoke of.

“Annyeong!” the man said in a cheerful tone. He bowed his head slightly at Yejun then gave Donghae a small hug.

Yejun bowed her head a bit and said “Annyeong” She observed the man. He did have a sharp jaw line and small almond eyes along with a gummy smile.

“I’m Hyukjae but you can call me Eunhyuk” he said with a gummy smile.

“I’m Yejun” She said hesitantly.

“Pabo, I told you to come 20 minutes ago.” Eunhyuk said to Donghae.

“I had something to do I told you. Common let’s go for a walk” Donghae said.

The three began to walk in the empty park while mostly Donghae and Eunhyuk talked about random things. Yejun kept quiet and didn’t say a word but she assumed Eunhyuk already knew as to why. Eventually they reached a long bridge with small shops that sell food and Donghae looked at them.

“You guys hungry?” he said with a smile.

“Aish, but I already brushed my teeth!” Eunhyuk complained.

“I’ll pay” Donghae replied with a smile which Eunhyuk nodded his head to.

“We’ll go find a spot on the grass to sit” Eunhyuk said as Donghae walked towards the tent which was selling food. This left Yejun and Eunhyuk alone. He didn’t say anything until they found a spot on the grass to sit. Then he began to talk.

“How are things with Hae?” he asked looking straight forward not at anything in particular. He was sitting on his bum, legs stretched out and arms prompt behind him.

Hae? “Good” Yejun responded simply.

“Are they really?” Eunhyuk asks as if he knew something was wrong.

“What do you mean?” Yejun replies looking at him quizzically.

“You haven’t been yourself.”

“We just met like 30 minutes ago you can’t say that.”

“I knew prior to your accident Yejun. You’re different now.”

“Go through a freak accident like me, waking up after a month and realizing you now live in a different country with no friends or family, your parents hate you and you have a famous super star boyfriend. Let that hit you in the head and tell me how it feels.” Yejun was upset because of straight forward Eunhyuk was being with her. She felt he had no right to say anything.

“Relax Yejun, I didn’t mean it like that. Have you talked to Donghae about this?”

“About what?”

“How your feeling.”

“No.”

Eunhyuk takes in a breath “Aish this kid.” He says under his breath. “Donghae isn’t good with words at first. He’s a very positive guy and he’s really fun to be with. You’ve probably seen his cute side a lot but he has other points as well. Something that made him himself was you though. And I think no one realized that until he thought he lost you.”

Yejun was listening attentively to what Eunhyuk was saying. Was Donghae really that affected by the accident? Was he really that hurt by it? What about her? Her reactions to everything which Donghae is doing for her. Is she really that bad?

Eunhyuk continues “You know the other night we went out to drink. Donghae doesn’t like alcohol. He isn’t good with it.”

Yejun look up suddenly. If he doesn’t like alcohol then why would he ask Eunhyuk to go drink with him?

“He asked me to go drinking with him. When I saw him, his eyes, I understood why he needed the drink. That idiot could barely take one glass before he passed out. His eyes are originally very sad but this time they showed a different kind of sad. I realized he had been crying. I wonder what hit him so hard that he would cry like that. Do you know?” Eunhyuk asks Yejun.

Yejun looks at the ground then back at Eunhyuk “No” she replies simply.

“He was talking about you. How he can’t let you go. How much he loves you and refuses to let you go no matter how much it hurts when you push him away” Eunhyuk looked up at the stars then over at Yejun. She was just staring at her lap almost as if she didn’t care about Donghae. “He needs you. And you need him. I understand it’s hard to let him in but it’ll be worth it. You would never regret being with him because you love him. He deserves to be happy and so do you. You know he loves your right?”

 

Hello again ^^

Thank you to my new subsribers, readers and comments :) It means a lot and I love you all ^^!

Did anyone else freak out for the Mamacita tearsers? >.>

BTW, are there any EunHae shippers here? ^^

I'm like a major EunHae shipper aha

I hope you all like this chapter :)

Don't forget to subscribe, comment and enjoy! 

I'll most likely update again tomorrow :)