Chapter 5

My Enduring Love

RING RING RING

“Yubosayo? Yejun?” Donghae said. He was ecstatic that his girlfriend was calling him for the first time. He felt as if his heart would burst out of his chest but he tried to sound calm, cool and collected.

“H-hi Donghae” Yejun said in a shaky voice. She automatically felt shy hearing his voice. Why?

“Hi. How are you?”

“I’m good” there was a silence on the line.

“Did Lindy give you the passes?” Donghae said deciding to break the silence.

“Yes. Uhm Donghae, I was wondering, if you aren’t busy, and if you want to, which you don’t have to but,” Yejun felt nervous and shy about asking “d-do you want to go with me instead of Lindy?” Yejun felt as if she was out of breath and became nervous when she didn’t hear a response on the other side of the line.

“Of course Yejun.”  Donghae said. He was smiling on the other side of the line. He felt his heart skip a beat. Did she really enjoy their last date?

“Okay. I’ll see you tomorrow then” Yejun said and hung up the phone quickly, before Donghae could even respond actually. “Aiiish!” she screamed loudly. She felt so embarrassed and why. Why did I do this? Yejun could feel Lindy smirking at her as her face went red.

“Do you like him?” Lindy suddenly asked

“NO!” Yejun yelled and stormed off to her bedroom. She hated this shy feeling she got around Donghae. She didn’t know the guy so why is she feeling all jittery? She didn’t like how Lindy convinced her to go out with him. Were things really going to work out?

The next day Donghae came to pick up Yejun at 10 am. It was an all-day pass so Donghae was going to take advantage of spending the whole day with Yejun.

They were in the car and as usual the ride was silent.

“Lindy said you were starting to work again tomorrow” he said to break the silence.

“Yeah, maybe it can get me back on track to my normal life” Yejun said looking down at her hands in her lap.

“Are you up for it? I mean your body, will it be okay?”

“I hope so” Yejun said.

Once they arrived to the spa Donghae got and opened the door for Yejun.

Once they were in they were separated. Donghae went to one side for the men and Yejun to the other side for women. They were lead into two separate rooms and were given robes to change into. Once they finished changing they were lead into another room where they each met again.

“The masseuse’s will be here shortly” a lady said.

The room was beige and there were some floral decorations. In the corner there were two chairs and in the middle of the room there were two massage beds. They each sat on one and sat there in silence.

After a few minutes two women came in and instructed them to lie down on their bellies. Since the spa is a spa which only celebrities and the extremely rich can go to, the employees are professional about their jobs and don’t leak any information which is shared in the room.

Donghae’s face was facing Yejun and even though Yejun’s eyes were closed he could tell she wasn’t sleeping.

“I know you’re awake” he said with a smile. Donghae had taken off his robe and was lying shirtless on the masseuse bed with only a pair of shorts on.

“Mmmm” Yejun responded. She had her eyes closed hoping she could sleep but also because she didn’t like that girl touching Donghae. She had a white spaghetti strap shirt on with a pair of white short shorts.

“Why did you ask me to come with you instead of Lindy?” Donghae asks half way through their message.

The room was quiet and all that could be heard was the relaxing music in the background.

“As a thank you. You have crazy schedules sometimes don’t you? I thought it would be a good idea.” Yejun said with her eyes still closed.

For the rest of the time neither of them spoke. Yejun liked the quietness and Donghae didn’t mind it. After their massage they each got facials, manicures and pedicures which Yejun absolutely loved. Although they were together for a long time it seemed as if the time went by quickly. Yejun loved the spa because it relaxed her and improved how she looked. She doesn’t know if she’s ever been to this spa before but she’s assuming she has.

Yejun did say this was a date but she tried to not focus so much on it being a date because, well, going to a spa on a second date is  moving a bit too fast. Once they left the spa Donghae took them out for a drive. The two have gotten somewhat closer which makes Yejun happy.

“Donghae?” Yejun said.

“Yeah?” Donghae said glancing over to her.

“How in love were we?”

Donghae was surprised by Yejun’s question. She never really asked or cared about how their relationship used to be like.

“We really loved each other. There were times when we each had really busy schedules so it was hard to see each other. Or I would be overseas so we could only see each other once every two weeks. But this strengthened our relationship. I really care about you Yejun, I really want this to work out.”

Yejun had heard the whole thing but didn’t respond. She just looked out the window trying to remember how things were. It was true things were hard with her parents and the amount of constant neglect she got aside from school made her suffer a lot. She was very upset with life and very cold towards everyone and just wanted to be left alone. Lindy said they came to Korea for Yejun to get a break from all of that. They were supposed to go back to Canada after 3 months but Yejun met Donghae which made her decide to stay even longer in Korea.

Waking from her coma she hadn’t remembered anything to do with Donghae though. It was a huge surprise when she was told that she had a boyfriend. She never expected things to be going like this with him. At first she was very against even giving him a chance but now she’s more open to it. Is she developing feelings?

Once they arrived in front of Yejun’s apartment she didn’t get out. She was deep in thought and didn’t even realize she was home.

“I don’t know if I can ever love, Donghae.” Yejun said. Her voice was shaking and she felt her face getting hot. She turned her head to face Donghae who was staring at her not knowing what to say.

“I can help you” Donghae responded.

“No, no Donghae. It’s harder than that.” Tears started to run down Yejun’s face. She’s been crying every day and all the time it was for some unknown reason. But one of those reasons was not being able to love someone. Yejun doesn’t know what it is like to love someone. The only person who has ever loved her was Lindy and Minho. She never thought she deserved to be loved and that her love was so limited she couldn’t love anyone in return.

“Don’t cry Yejun.” Donghae lifted his hands to wipe Yejun’s tears. He felt responsible. Has he been pushing this relationship too hard? He really wanted it to work out but Yejun must already be overwhelmed with trying to put her life back on track. He should have waited until she was ready. “I’m sorry Yejun.”

“It’s not your fault. I’m sorry for crying. It really isn’t you. I’ll be going now.” Yejun was about to open the door but before she could she felt an arm wrap around her shoulder. His arms around her burned. She wasn’t used to this type of attention. It scared her. It burned, but she liked the burn. Maybe things could actually work out between the two of them. The two stayed like that for a few more seconds before Yejun decided it was better for to go because her feelings were starting to grow into something which she couldn’t handle.

“Good night Donghae” Yejun said as she got out the car.

Donghae waited for Yejun to get inside the apartment building before he actually drove away. Why was she crying?

Things went so well throughout the whole day but what did she mean she doesn’t know if she can ever love? She loved before of course she can love again. It might take time but she can right? What would be holding her back?

As usual once Yejun got into the apartment she went right to her room without saying a word. Did she just cry to Donghae? Did she just tell him something which she had wanted no one to know? Is she opening up to him? What if she really did like him, she just couldn’t recognize this feeling? She felt somewhat empty without him or without hearing something to do with him after a while. Even though this whole time ever since she woke up she could have broken up with him, she hasn’t. She keeps giving him chances and he keeps succeeding on making her feel funny on the inside. She was with him for so long before so there has to be a reason why they’re still together…. Right?

Yejun wanted to cry more but she knew she knew she couldn’t. If she did her face would puff up and this would cause trouble at the photo shoot tomorrow. All she had to do was sleep to feel better. She just needs this feeling of calm and relaxation to take over.

“Yejun, wake up. Get ready, your schedule starts in 2 hours” Yejun heard Lindy yelling to her from the kitchen.

It was the day Yejun went back to modeling. Today the photo shoot’s concept was happiness. She didn’t feel as happy as normal but she could pull it off. It shouldn’t be hard.

After she got showered and dressed she went to the kitchen table to drink tea. Usually before photo shoots she doesn’t eat because of the potential of bloating. She usually drank tea and filled herself up on things which wouldn’t cause bloating.

Lindy was driving them to the photo shoot location when Yejun’s phone beeped. It was a message from Donghae: I hope you’re feeling better today! You’ll do greatJ

Usually Yejun didn’t care when Donghae texted her but this text meant a lot. She was nervous and Donghae somehow calmed her. She wanted to respond but at the same time she didn’t.

Once they arrived to the photo shooting location she was instantly rushed into the change room for make-up and hair. Even though this photo shoot wasn’t for anything big it was still big for her.

“Are you nervous?” Lindy asked. She was sitting on the couches behind Yejun but she could see her because of the mirror in front of them.

“A bit” Yejun said. She was tense, scared to mess up, nervous. If she did mess up how would she handle it?

“You’re doing well Yejun, turn your head a bit up and cross your legs, yes like that now smile a bit, there you go” the photographer would say to Yejun.

She was in a bright pink outfit sitting on a plane wooden chair. Simplicity is happiness. That’s what the photographer kept saying to her. He sensed she was a bit off but understood that she wasn’t completely healthy yet. He’s worked with Yejun many times before and loved her work. She was much more quiet this time and smiled whenever asked to. The only major problems there were was she lost a lot of weight so the outfits looked slightly bigger and didn’t outline her curves as much as he wanted. Oh well, photo shop works like magic.

“Yejun how are you feeling?” Lindy asked. They were back in the changing room. Yejun was changing into the fourth and final outfit for that photo shoot. She didn’t feel completely comfortable around the camera and the clothes being somewhat too big made it awkward but she tried to be professional about it.

“Im doing fine” Yejun responded as the women beside her applied blush to her face.

“A couple more poses Yejun then we’ll be done” the photographer said.

Yejun was now in a bright blue shirt with a pencil skirt pretending to be an office worker. Be happy Yejun, smile, just smile. Yejun kept thinking this to herself. She wanted the photo shoot to turn out well. She knew that depending on how this photo shoot ended up, Lindy would decide the schedule’s for the next while.

“How has she been doing?” Lindy asked the photographer while Yejun went to change and get ready to leave.

“She’s done well. The photo shoot took longer because I wanted to make sure she looked her best. Is she okay Lindy? She wasn’t like this before.” He responded.

“After the accident she’s been a bit off. We’re hoping once she starts to model again she’ll get back to her usual self.”

“I hope she gets better. She’s gorgeous and would make it far in the industry. It’s really amazing her boyfriend came for support”

Donghae had came almost half way through the photo shoot but didn’t want Yejun to know. He was afraid she would become awkward and feel uncomfortable with him watching.

Lindy went to where Donghae was standing at the computer looking over the photos which were just taken.

“She’s getting paler” Donghae said when he sensed Lindy right beside him.

“Isn’t that a good thing?”

“She’s getting sickly pale. Not the good pale.” Donghae was looking through the photos not happy with how they turned out. He didn’t blame Yejun he blamed the photographer. He knew she wasn’t completely healthy so he should have done something to help. He’s done many photo shoots himself so he knows the tricks.

“Hae, it’s her first time since the accident. You can’t just-“

“I know Lindy. It just could have been better. I’m not blaming her.”

Just then Yejun walked out of the dressing room completely surprised when she saw Donghae. She felt her face heat up and her stomach got butterflies. She walked up to them with her head down a bit and lifted it once they were somewhat close. She hadn’t noticed that Donghae was staring at her.

“Y-you came” Yejun stuttered.

“Of course I did! You did amazing” Hae said with a smile on his face and Lindy glaring at him from the side.

“Thanks” Yejun says quietly.

“Let’s go out to eat BBQ” Lindy said with a smile. “You deserve it Yejun, you’ve done well”.

The three of them went to a small BBQ nearby and the owner knew who they were.

“You’re more pretty in person Yejun, Donghae is a very lucky man” the waitress said.

“Thank you” Yejun said with a small smile on her face.

The three of them sat on the ground at a small rectangular table. She sat beside Lindy and across from Donghae. Donghae’s phone suddenly rang and he excused himself from the table.

“Lindy?” Yejun said with uncertainty in her voice. She didn’t like that Donghae got a phone call and had to excuse himself because he couldn’t talk in front of them. What was he hiding?

“Yes hun?” Lindy said and their food arrived at the table.

“Why can’t Donghae talk on the phone in front of us?”

Lindy let out a small smile, happy that she was showing some hint of jealousy or worry over Donghae. “It’s not private enough here, don’t worry about it okay?”

“Okay” Yejun wasn’t satisfied with that answer. She didn’t like how Donghae sometimes seemed to be distant. Then again should she really be judging Donghae? What right does she have to do that? Yejun began to put the raw meat on the BBQ and cook it.

Once the meat was done cooking Donghae had came back and hadn’t said anything.

“Are things okay Hae?” Lindy asked concerned.

“Yes, it was just something at the studio” Donghae said and suddenly put a smile on his face. “How are you feeling Yejun?”

“Uhm, good” Yejun said hesitantly.

“Have you been eating well?”

“Yes” and then began the usual list of questions which he always asked Yejun. He always got a yes as an answer even though it was evident that the answer was no.

Throughout dinner Donghae would put food on Yejun’s plate and make her lettuce roles with the meat. Yejun blushed almost the whole time at Donghae’s thoughtfulness and at the owner who was just staring at them in awe.

“Are you feeling okay Yejun? You look pale” Donghae said worried.

Yejun didn’t feel okay at all. She felt exhausted and wanted to collapse but she knew she couldn’t. She was in public so she had to keep things together.

“I’m okay”

“You do look pale Yejun.” Lindy said as she touched her forehead.

After they finished eating they parted their ways and Yejun fell asleep the whole way home.

“Yejun, Yejun wake up, we’re home” Lindy said. She looked over at the sleeping figure. She’s gotten paler if that was possible “Yejun, hun?” she began to shake her but she wouldn’t wake up. “Yejun? Wake up! Yah!” Lindy started to become concerned. Why won’t she wake up? She felt Yejun’s forehead again but it felt normal. “Yejun? Wake up. Hurry and wake up!” she wasn’t waking up. Lindy felt tears in her eyes. She turned the car back on and drove out of the parking lot. She dialed Hae’s phone number.

“Yubosayo?” she heard on the other line.

“Donghae something’s wrong with Yejun! She won’t wake up” Lindy was crying as she sped to the hospital.

“What-what happened?! Are you taking her to the hospital?” Donghae’s voice also began shaking. What could be wrong with her?

“Yes. Meet me there Hae” Lindy said then hung up the phone.

Once she arrived at the hospital there were some nurses outside talking, probably on their break. Lindy parked the car on the side and opened Yejun’s door. She tried to take the girl out but she couldn’t, she wasn’t strong enough. She looked over her side and noticed two of the male nurses walking over.

“What happened to her?” one of the male nurses asked.

“I don’t know” Lindy said sobbing.

The male nurses carried in Yejun and yelled for a stretcher right away. “You need to stay here to sign her in” one of the nurses told Lindy. “What’s her name?” he asked.

“Her name is Kim Yejun”

“Yejun? Yejun, can you hear me?” one of the nurses said while they rolled the stretcher into a private room.

The nurses began to hook all sorts of machines onto Yejun but she still wasn’t responding. 

 

 

 

Hello readers!!!!

I hope you are all doing well ^^ Thank you for all the views :') and thank you to all the new subscribers ^^ please don't hesitate to comment or ask questions :) 

Where do you guys think this story is going? Also if you have any ideas on what i could write or areas of improvement...? I would like to know please :)

I know I usually do a double update but sadly I'm not sure if i'll be able to do that this week :( I have a hectic week coming up sorry !

But if I do get the time to update again this week then i will ^^

Please enjoy reading :) and again i would like to know what you guys think so far ^^