Chapter 3

My Enduring Love

 “Yejun I love you.” Donghae said.

Yejun didn’t say anything. She wasn’t expecting to hear it so soon, in fact it was a bit too soon for her. She barely knows the man still and felt nothing for him.

“Donghae, I-“ Yejun began

“I don’t expect you to say it back. But you deserve to know my feelings for you. No words can describe my love for you. It’s been somewhat rocky after it was revealed to everyone that we were dating. But please don’t let those things get in the way of our feelings for each other-“

“But Donghae, if we had strong feelings for each other why can’t I remember them? I’m sorry but my heart doesn’t beat fast when I see you. I feel uncomfortable around you because you’re a complete stranger to me. Right now I trust my parents more then I trust you. Maybe this relationship-“ Yejun was saying this because she didn’t know what to say. She was confused about everything and in reality felt nothing for Donghae.

“No. Please just give it time. Your memory will come back.” Donghae cut in. He didn’t want to lose her. He had to keep her.

“What if I can’t remember?” Yejun breathed in.

“Then we can make new memories. Better ones. Like a fresh start. Please Yejun, give me a chance.”

Yejun didn’t want to respond. She wanted to say no. She didn’t want this relationship. She didn’t want to have to worry about it. She was scared. She didn’t want to get hurt. “Okay” was her only response.

After another half an hour of silence Lindy came back and noticed the sad and awkward atmosphere.

“Hey guys! What did you do?” Lindy asked with a smile on her face trying to ignore the awkward atmosphere.

“We talked a bit” was a response that Yejun gave which surprised both Lindy and Donghae because of how little she’s been talking.

“I should go now” Donghae said while getting up “I’m sorry I won’t be able to accompany you to the doctor Yejun. I have a flight leaving to Japan in the early morning.”

“How long will you be there Donghae?” Lindy asked.

“4 days. So this is the last time I’ll see you until you come back”

Yejun was somewhat disappointed by this. Did he always do this? Was this how their relationship was? Would he always leave because he had schedules? How often did they really see each other?

“I hope your fan meets go well Donghae. Please message us when you land in Japan to let us know you’re okay” Lindy was saying to Donghae. The way Lindy cared for him was like a mother almost. Why is she so fond of him?

“I hope things go well for you tomorrow Yejun. Please stay safe in Canada and take care of your health.” Donghae said to Yejun. He knows he sounded formal but he was trying to take things slowly for Yejun’s sake. Yejun got up as well and leaned on the wall by the entrance.

“I’ll miss you” Donghae said then put both hands on the side of her face and kissed her forehead. Yejun didn’t react to his touch but just stood there with a blank face. On the inside Donghae wanted to cry. She hadn’t reacted to his touch yet his heart was speeding up with every beat. Will she ever love him again?

After Donghae had left Lindy was helping Yejun pack. “Lindy? Why do you care for Donghae so much?” Yejun asked.

“He’s really good to you. He really cares for you and loves you. He only wants what is best and he’s actually a really sweet guy. I know he isn’t talking a lot Yejun, but you need to understand him. He loved you since the moment he saw you and he protected you from fans. His whole life since he met you has been revolved around making you happy. He’s really upset and shocked that you can’t remember him. It’s probably hurting him a lot. He’s a very emotional guy Yejun.”

Yejun thought about what Lindy had said, “So you care for him because he cares for me?” Yejun asked. She had stopped packing and just wanted to see what Lindy’s expressions were.

“You were very neglected from your parents growing up. Did you forget that?” Lindy asked Yejun.

“N-no. It just slipped my mind I guess” Yejun responded remember how she was treated as a child.

“They were extremely mad when you took an easy major in university instead of going into the medical field and then stopped talking to you once you became a model. You deserved to be loved by someone who knows love. Out of all people I’ve met, there is no one who I’ve seen love someone else as much as Hae loves you.”

“What if I can’t love him again Lindy? What if I don’t ever remember him?”

“If you leave that boy you would be making the worst mistake of your life.”

And with that Yejun stopped the conversation. She didn’t have feelings for Donghae. Yes he had been there while she was recovering but she still didn’t feel comfortable around him. She didn’t have any interest in him and actually has been considering breaking up with him to take him out of this misery. It didn’t make any sense to her as to why he would stay with her even after so long.

After finishing packing Yejun decided to search up Donghae on the internet. A whole bunch of pictures would come up and a couple of Super Junior things. She would scroll through the computer and little by little things came up about the accident. She didn’t remember the accident or what had happened. Lindy hasn’t said anything about it and the car’s repaired now so it looks the same. She saw photos and photos of Donghae’s face. There was a section for comments which she clicked on. Things began to pop up. Different responses from people.

“stay strong Donghae oppa and Yejun unnie!”                       “ELF wish for you to get better unnie”

“Hwaiting unnie! ELF’s love you!”                     “Unnie, don’t ever forget Hae oppa loves you!”

“Get well soon”                   “Hae oppa must be so hurt”

“I hope she recovers well”

“Is she finally dead?”                   “! She didn’t die in the accident! That is still alive!”

“I hope she never wakes up from her coma”                 “Maybe she broke her face so she would finally get                                                                                                                          plastic surgery”                                                             

Yejun kept reading hate comment after hate comment. Word after word and letter after letter. She’s been a model for 5 years now. She’s used to the hate she gets. But these “fans” were something else. Her eyes were getting wet and she hadn’t realize she had been crying.

“Yejun? Are you okay? Why are you crying?” Lindy came into her room after she heard soft sobbings. Yejun hadn’t realized that it was 3 am and she’s been searching up things about Donghae but stopped to read every single comment.

Lindy went over to comfort her but when she looked at the computer screen and saw the comments she sighed and hugged Yejun. “Hun don’t cry. These fans don’t know anything. Stop reading this garbage, you know it isn’t true.” Lindy would try to say things to calm her down yet nothing worked. Before Yejun wouldn’t be that affected by this. Usually she would brush them off. She isn’t sure why she’s crying about these things now.

Donghae arrived back to his dorm exhausted. His sleeping schedule had been all over the place and there were days when he never even slept because he wanted to see Yejun.

“Hyung!” Ryeowook, one of the maknaes, exclaimed when he saw Donghae step into the dorm, “you’re back! Did you go see Yejun-sshi?” he asked. He was wearing an apron and had a cooking spoon in one hand. He always loved cooking and healthy cooking was his speciality.

“Hey Ryewook” Donghae said. He plomped himself down on the couch “I went to see her.” He said answering Ryeowook’s question.

“Hyung why didn’t you tell me?” Ryewook whined “I have this new recipe I want her to try!”.

“She won’t remember you Ryeowook.” Donghae said.

Ryewook could tell Donghae was tired and wanted to be alone so he let him be. Ryewook went back into the kitchen to continue cooking and Donghae just sat on the couch. Eunhyuk currently has his own schedule right now so he can’t bother him. He then went into another room without knocking and there was a man sitting at his white desk watching something on his laptop.

“Oh Donghae you’re back” the man said showing his dimple.

“Neh hyung” Donghae said as he went to lay down on the white bed.

The leader of the group, who goes by Leeteuk, was sitting at his desk going over some shows which were just aired. He could sense something was wrong with his dongsaeng so he pressed pause on the show and walk to his bed to sit beside Donghae.

“How is Yejun?” he asked. Leeteuk knew a lot of Donghae’s wherebouts and knew he would most likely be at Yejun’s. No one had the power to affect Donghae the way Yejun did. Only she could. Leeteuk knew something was wrong when Donghae came in with the long and tired face. He cared for Donghae as a family member and wanted him to be happy.

“Hyung, I don’t think she will ever get her memory back” Donghae said. He began crying.

“Don’t lose hope Donghae. If you love her you will stay with her. You can’t let her go so soon.” Leeteuk said rubbing Donghae’s back for comfort.

“She tried to break up with me earlier”

“It’s hard for her right now Hae. Try to understand her a bit more.”

Leeteuk was very fond of Yejun. All the members of Super Junior were but Leeteuk especially liked her. He liked how much she loved Donghae and took care of him. He loved how happy she made Donghae and how good of a mood she put Donghae in. She was very much considered as part of the Super Junior family already because of how well she clicked with all the members. When they found out she was in an accident it really hit the members hard. Donghae was hurt most by it but the members were worried too. They had posted things on their SNS’s like we’re praying for you or stay strong. Siwon was going to church more often than he already did and prayed there. Kyuhyun had asked his family to keep her in their prayers as well. All the members were concerned with her and wanted to see her but unfortunately they weren’t able to. Fans were also sending in lots of fanmail for her to read for when she woke up. But Lindy kept it strict about reporters and journalists finding out anything about her for the sake of Yejun’s parents.

The next day Yejun and Lindy went to the hospital so the doctor could take off the cast.

“You’re walking well now. Your ankle has healed very quickly Yejun” Dr. Kang said after watching Yejun walk around a little bit.

“Is there anything else that concerns you about her health Lindy?” Dr. Kang said once they were in his office again. Yejun was in the cafeteria getting something to eat since she woke up late this morning.

“Doctor, because of the accident she doesn’t remember a lot about her time spent here in Korea, but is there any chance she doesn’t remember some things from when she was younger? Or like it just slipped her mind?”

“That is very common. It shouldn’t be with a lot though. If that is happening I wouldn’t worry about it. Has that happened?” The doctor said.

“Yes. Yesterday. She hasn’t had an easy life and I guess it just slipped her mind.”

“I’ve had patients who have had an extremely rough past. Usually when something like this happens when they either completely or slightly forget things they tend to act a bit childish because of how much they were stripped from their childhood or because they were forced to mature early.”

Lindy went to the cafeteria after talking to the doctor for 15 more minutes. Has Yejun forgotten things? Just then she felt her phone vibrate and she looked at the id, it was Donghae.

“Yubosayo?” she answered as she turned the corner to go into the cafeteria.

“Noona! How is Yejun? She isn’t answering her phone” Donghae said.

Lindy laughed and smiled at how he was concerned for her “I’m doing fine thanks for asking. Yejun got her cast taken off. The doctor said she is making good progress.”

“That’s great! So she is walking now? Like on her own?” Donghae asked. Lindy could tell he was tired. She could hear the strain in his voice.

“Yes she is. She’s doing great. I’m sorry Hae that we’re leaving to Canada. But I think psychologically it would be better. Her parents are already mad enough even though they practically disowned her.” Lindy sat down at the table across from Yejun who was sipping away at a smoothie. “I’m sitting with Yejun now. Here I’ll pass the phone.”

Lindy pushed the phone in front of Yejun who was sipping her smoothie. Yejun shook her head because she didn’t want to talk to Donghae.

“Yejun talk.” Lindy said strictly. And again Yejun shook her head. “Yejun! He’s waiting! Stop wasting time.” Lindy said strictly. She swore she saw tears in Yejun’s eyes forming after she talked to her like that. Yejun reached for the phone with her straw still in mouth and looked down at the table as if she just got in trouble by her mother.

“Y-yubosayo?” Yejun’s voice was soft and shakey.

“Hey Yejun, how are you feeling? Is your foot better?” Donghae said over the line.

“Y-yes”

“Have you eaten?”

“Yes”

“What are you doing right now?”

“Nothing”

Donghae kept asking questions and he kept getting small responses. It really bugged him but he knew he had to be patient. He ended the call after he ran out of questions to ask and after an awkward goodbye.

Yejun gave the phone back to Lindy and looked down at the table.

“Yejun?” Lindy asked cautiously. Why is she acting like this? “Are you okay?”

“Yes” was how Yejun answered.

They went back to the car to head home and the whole time Yejun was quiet. Lindy and Yejun were like sisters. They don’t fight a lot and Yejun is really open to Lindy. Had Donghae said something over the phone that he shouldn’t have?

“What’s wrong?” Lindy asked Yejun as they stopped at a stop light.

“Nothing”

“Why are you so quiet? Did Hae say something?”

“Why did you make me talk to him?” was the sudden response Lindy got.

“You didn’t want to talk to him?” Lindy asked.

“I-I don’t know” Yejun said.

“Yejun, he’s your boyfriend and he’s worried about you. I understand you don’t remember him but would it kill you to be nice to someone who’s looking out for you?” Lindy had raised her voice a bit which was something that almost never happened. She heard soft sobs and realized she had made Yejun cry. She doesn’t cry a lot and if she does its usually for a good reason. She’s never cried because she’s been scolded by Lindy. She stopped the car and pulled over. “Yejun? Are you okay? I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to yell at you. I-I” Lindy didn’t know what to say. Yejun was a grown women who shouldn’t be crying over this.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you mad. It’s all my fault. I – I shouldn’t be like this, I’m sorry Lindy” Yejun was saying through sobs blaming everything on herself.

What is she sorry for? “Yejun what’s wrong? What have you done that you’re sorry for? You didn’t make me mad”.

“Yes I did. Because I didn’t want to talk to Donghae you got mad at the cafeteria. And now you’re yelling at me because I can’t love Donghae. I’m so sorry” Yejun said.

Had Lindy been putting too much pressure on Yejun? Lindy felt bad on the inside. Does Yejun not remember some things? How will her parents react to this type of behaviour?

From that day onwards Lindy had promised herself that she would be more lighter with Yejun. When Donghae called he would have awkwardly short conversations with Yejun or sometimes Yejun would pretend to be asleep. Yejun had been eating a lot less than usual and is losing weight quickly. She’s been acting somewhat childish and is scared to go back to Canada.

The time had come to leave to Canada and Yejun was somewhat excited but scared. She wanted to see her brother but didn’t want to see her parents. While they were in the plane waiting to take off Lindy was checking social networking sites to make sure things in Japan are going well with Hae. She noticed Hae posted a photo about an hour ago with a caption thinking about you <3. This made Lindy smile remembering how much he loves Yejun. “Look what Donghae posted” she whispered to Yejun. Yejun looked over at the screen and with out a word went back to staring out the window. Does she really not care?

The whole ride to Canada was long. Yejun slept most of it because of the medication she’s on. Lindy was wondering the whole time why had Yejun reacted as if nothing towards Donghae’s tweet? Even fans were freaking out about it. She wouldn’t be surprised if articles were written about it. How long will this take for her to fall in love again?

Once they arrived in Canada her brother had shown up to pick them up. “MINHO!!” Yejun ran up to her brother and he picked her up and twirled her. Minho was only two years older than Yejun but she was so much shorter.

“Hey Minho! I didn’t think you’d have time to spare to come pick us up” Lindy said with a smile. She admired him a lot because he had put up with his parents strictness throughout most of his life. That is until he went to medical school and got to move away. He became a successful doctor and bought himself a house.

“Aha, well I missed Yejun so I just had to” he responded with his charming smile.

The whole family had looked perfect. Yejun was beautiful, Minho was handsome, their mother was gorgeous and their father was a genius. But Yejun didn’t want this high society life which her family tried to give her which is why she continuously disrespected them and their wishes.

The whole way back they were speaking about Korea. Not once had Minho mentioned the crash, smart kid. Once they arrived home it was empty. Lindy new they wouldn’t be staying at Yejun’s parents house. They wouldn’t like it so they usually stayed at Minho’s house.

Once they had gotten home and unpacked they felt jetlagged because of the huge time difference. Yejun went straight to bed but Lindy had decided to talk to Minho about Yejun’s condition. He is a doctor after all.

“How much damage does she have on her head?” Minho asked seriously. They were sitting in his study drinking tea. He was going over some files that were sent to him from Korea.

“Her memory… it’s… not doing well”

“How much does she remember?”

“She remembers the first week or so in Korea. After that it’s a blur.”

“Has there been any other memories aside from Korea which she doesn’t remember?”

“Sometimes she’ll temporarily forget things or they’ll slip her mind.”

“How bad did she look at the scene of the accident? Like how much blood was there?”

“Well I mean considering she got stitches in 3 places on her head and had bruises everywhere, a lot? I don’t know Minho! I was practically passed out myself and scared. I thought I killed her.”

“It wasn’t your fault Lindy. You’ve always only done what was best for her. That drunk lady caused the accident, not you. You had no control over what had happened.”

“She doesn’t remember Donghae.” Lindy said. And with that Minho took in a deep sigh. He places the files on the coffee table and put his hands on his face.

 

Hello readers!

I'm sorry if this chapter is boring TT TT 

Thank you to all my subscribers and hello to all new readers :)

I would really like to hear what you guys think about this fic so please don't be afraid or shy to comment....

I might post another chapter tomorrow :) enjoy!