Chapter 22

My Enduring Love

Yejun didn’t understand her mind. As much as she wanted to she just couldn’t. She never liked Seunghyun. She used him as a distraction but that turned out to be one of the biggest mistakes in her life. She always liked Donghae but she was always too afraid to admit it. She’s accepted him and learnt to care for him. She can’t imagine her days going without even thinking about him. But moving away from him is supposed to be better for others. If she leaves, all the crazy media around them will stop. Donghae can go back to how his life was before he met Yejun. Yejun can develop a relationship with her parents and Minho again. Lindy can get help with her drinking problem. Everything will be better once she leaves.

Yejun felt the tears rolling down her cheeks. She had begun to pack a few things but she just didn’t know what to do with the boxes Donghae gave her. She can’t give them back. She can’t keep them because then the memories will stay. If she throws them away it would be like throwing away Donghae though. But maybe it’s better that way. It’s better to forget him. To forget the pain that she has been hiding for so long. Because then maybe, just maybe, she might be able to push aside all the regret, fears and debt she feels towards Donghae.

The next few days went by quickly. It consisted mostly of Yejun and Lindy deciding what to pack and what not to pack. Deciding what to bring and what not to bring. Both girls had also wanted to bring stuff home to their families although it was harder for Yejun to buy things for her parents then she thought.

Yejun was in her room double checking to make sure she has packed most of her things. She still has a few days left until she actually has to leave. Her phone begins to ring but the number was a private number.

“Hello?” Yejun says quietly into the phone.

“Hey, it’s Hyukjae” he said on the line.

“Oh, hi!” Yejun cleared trying to sound as happy as possible. Since she first met him, Eunhyuk has been on her case about being happy and being different from what she was before.

“Do you have time to meet somewhere?” he asks quietly. Hyukjae just finished his schedule but he heard earlier from Donghae that Yejun was leaving.

“Uhm, sure. Where?”

The two decided to meet up in a classy café a bit far from both of their places. They chose this place mostly because it has private rooms and the employees are trustable.

Once Yejun got there, Eunhyuk had already arrived and ordered something for the both of them. Yejun knew something was up because Eunhyuk only talked to her seriously when it came to her relationship with Donghae.

Yejun sat on the seat across from Eunhyuk “Hey” Yejun says with a smile.

“Hello” he says back with a small smile.

“How are you?” Yejun says, surprisingly starting the small talk. Probably because she knows the main topic of conversation so she’s trying to delay it.

“I’m alright. Although I heard from a certain fish that you are leaving to Canada.”

“Oh,” Yejun looks down at her lap “yeah, I’m leaving in a few days.”

“When will you come back?”

“I won’t be.”

She still didn’t look up from her lap and Eunhyuk hadn’t stopped looking at her direction. He let out a small chuckle of disbelief.

“Wow. So you’re really ending it with him.”

“I-I’m not really ending it-“

“Of course you are. You’re leaving and never coming back.”

“It’s not like that” Yejun said raising her head. She really didn’t know what to say. She was upset because this wasn’t Eunhyuk’s fight.

“Why are you leaving?”

“It’s better that way.”

“Tell me the real reason.”

There was a short silence. Yejun didn’t know what to say. She really had no clue. She had felt so much anxiety for the past few days and all she wanted was Donghae. But like always she pushed away her feelings from herself because there were others being affected because of her decisions.

“Yejun, you’ve been like family ever since Hae introduced you to me. To all the members. You are a part of Donghae. You can’t just leave him like that.”

“Why can’t you leave my relationship with him alone?”

“Because he’s my best friend dammit!” Eunhyuk slammed his fist on the table. He took in a deep breath “I love him. He’s like a brother to me. And seeing him suffer like this is unbearable. No one has this affect on him. No one makes him like this. No one has the ability to tear him down the way you do. So stop lying to everyone and yourself. He deserves to know how you feel.”

Yejun wasn’t looking at anything in particular but her gazed was fixed at one spot. Neither of them had said anything for a few seconds until Yejun felt her eyes getting blurred with tears “If he knew, it would be harder to leave him.”

“Then why leave?”

“It’s complicated Hyukjae. There isn’t just me and him in this world. As amazing as that sounds, there are billions of other people around us and many people we each have to deal with. I’m not leaving because I don’t feel something for Donghae. I’m leaving because I need to make things right. I need to stop being selfish and let people go. I need to stop chasing after my useless dream and return to my family.”

Eunhyuk was happy that she had implied she wanted to be with Donghae. But he still didn’t fully understand her reason. He knew that Yejun would never say the whole reason but he would have to act based on what she told him. “You’ve been anything except selfish. You shouldn’t worry so much about the others around you. The others can solve their problems. Every family has issues. Yejun, you probably know this already but Donghae loves you.  He’s held on for so long, hoping that you wouldn’t let go. So please, don’t let go of him because he needs you now.” Eunhyuk was talking softly. He knows that he had no right or position in their relationship but he also knew that if he didn’t help Donghae, he’ll never be the same again.

Yejun wiped the tears from her eyes hoping no more would fall. She knew better than anyone else that Donghae loved her. But what no one else knew was that she loved him back as well. That she wasn’t capable of loving anyone else except Donghae and she wouldn’t want to love anyone else. To her Donghae was perfect. He was more then what she could ever want. He was more to her then just Donghae now. He was more to her then just being that guy she couldn’t remember when she first woke up. Although she still doesn’t remember him she can tell they had something special. That there was really something there for the both of them. That each of them loved each other deeply.

There was a short silence while Yejun was deep in thought. She really didn’t know what to say because she knew that Hyukjae would win in this argument. “What are you thinking?” he asks lightly.

“I know it’s hard for him. And I’m so incredibly sorry for it. But it’s hard on me too. To make this decision and have to pull through with it. It isn’t something easy. I’m leaving so much behind to go back to nothing. My parents won’t even take me in.” Yejun had it hard too. Although she wasn’t trying to make the focus on her, she also wanted comfort. She also wanted to be held and told it would be alright. That she can pull through it. That she is strong and isn’t making the wrong decision. But she knew that wasn’t the case. She knew her decision was neither right nor wrong. She has the right to want to be with her family which have hated her for so long. She doesn’t have the right however to hurt Donghae in the way which she has. Yes she wants comfort but at the same time the only person she wants comfort from is the person she’s trying to get away from.

Eunhyuk took in a deep breath knowing things were bad with her family because Donghae had told him things. Yejun wasn’t looking at anywhere in particular but she was stuck in her head. The thing which hurt her the most was that she wasn’t able to be with Donghae. That no matter how much she wanted to she couldn’t allow herself too. But she didn’t want to show it. She didn’t want to show her need for Donghae. Her love for him. Because if she did, she wouldn’t be able to leave.

Eunhyuk began “You’re really going to go through with this.”

Yejun gave a small nod as a yes. Yes she really was going to do this. She really was going to leave it all behind. She doesn’t remember the beginning that well. She doesn’t really remember landing in Korea to work. She doesn’t remember how she even met Donghae or what their first words were to each other. She’s always wondered this. She was always curious of their story. But she never asked because she was afraid of falling even more for Donghae. For becoming more vulnerable for him. Which is something she couldn’t do.

“I know I shouldn’t be asking for a favor but once I leave I need you to promise me something.” Yejun said seriously looking at Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk was concerned but curious about what it was “what is it?” he said.

 

Helo everyone!!!!!
Thank you to my comments and subscribers ^^ love you all!

I was really hesitant to post this chapter because I feel like it's really lacking and it's short T.T

But from now on depending on the chapter they will all be different sizes. I was going to add the next part to this chapter but then it would've been too long v.v

I really like the few ideas which were given to me about the ending so i'm going to see if I can incorporate them in a way but if there are any more ideas please tell me!! The story still has a few more chapters so I could fit them in :) 

I'm not sure when I'll update again but it will be this week! So please anticipate and read well ^^ 

Again thank you to everyone and please comment and subscribe ^^