Chapter 6

My Enduring Love

“Is she going to be okay?” Donghae asked once he got to the hospital. He looked at the small figure on the bed, his eyes were red from holding back tears. What if she fell into another coma? He can’t lose her again.

“They’re still running tests. They aren’t sure what it is yet” Lindy said. She was sitting on a chair to the side of the bed. Donghae took a seat beside Lindy and reached for Yejun’s hand. Tears began to roll down his cheeks. “She’ll be okay Hae. She pushed through it last time, she can do it again.” Lindy said trying to comfort Hae.

“I can’t lose her. I need her Lindy.”

After about 15 minutes a doctor came in “good evening, I’m doctor Shim and I’ll be taking care of Kim Yejun. It doesn’t seem like anything too serious, she might just be over exhausted. Did she over exert herself at the photo shoot?” the man asked while looking through the papers in his hand.

“N-no. She looked a bit pale but I didn’t think anything of it. It’s been a long time since the accident physically she seemed fine to work” Lindy told him, scared of what he would say next.

“You said physically. How about psychologically?” the doctor asked.

“I-i-“

“Sometimes if the pain is too bearable psychologically it can have a physical effect on the body. If she was stressed from the photo shoot it caused her body to over react and push her-self too much. I know the industry out there is tough but she needs to be healthy psychologically as well before she can go back. Do I need to prescribe a psychologist?”

“No. She’s fine.”

“You don’t seem like the type to be abusing her or forcing her to not eat. I’ve noticed she’s lost a lot of weight compared to how much she weighed last time on the file. Her skin color has gotten better compared to how it was when she first came in. She needs to stay until she wakes up and from there we’ll see what we can do. Have a good night” the doctor then turned around and walked away.

“Are we pushing her too much Hae?” Lindy asked after absorbing all the information in.

“He thinks she’s being abused. He knows the entertainment industry and how cruel it can be that’s why he said all of that. You don’t think anything is really wrong with her right?” Donghae asked.

Yejun felt a pain in her head. She didn’t like the smell of the place she was in, it smelt like, like the hospital. Why was she at the hospital? She looked over to her side and saw a head with brown hair and his head laying on the bed. It was Donghae. She looked to her other side and realized a nurse was there checking her blood pressure.

“E-excuse me?” Yejun said with her strained voice.

“Oh! You’re awake! How are you feeling?” the nurse asked.

“O-okay” Yejun said. She didn’t remember what happened. “How long have I been here?”

“Since last night sweety. Let me call the doctor to check on you” the nurse said then walked away.

Suddenly she felt the head on her bed lift up and her eyes met with Donghae’s red ones.

“Yejun! You’re awake now, how are you feeling? Are you okay?” Donghae said concerned. He had been crying for most of the night and it had been almost 24 hours since he got there, afraid of Yejun not waking up any time soon.

“Why am I here Donghae?” Yejun asked scared. She felt tears falling in her eyes and then the Doctor walked in.

“Good evening Yejun, I’m doctor Shim” the doctor said as he grabbed the clipboard hanging at the edge of Yejun’s bed. “Do you know why you’re here?” the doctor asked as a nurse came in and began checking her eyes with a light.

“N-no” Yejun said after she was able to control her crying.

“You passed out from exhaustion yesterday. Can you tell me what you did yesterday?”

“I did a photo shoot, then then I went out to eat.”

“Is that all you remember?”

“Y-yes”

The doctor looked down at the clipboard and began to write things down. “Donghae, I need to speak to the patient alone. Could you please step out for a minute?”

Donghae didn’t want to leave. He didn’t want to let go of Yejun’s hand but he had to. He got up from his chair and looked Yejun in the eyes. She was looking right back at him as if she were begging him to stay and not leave. She held tighter onto Donghae’s hand but eventually let go.

“Yejun tell me why are you crying?” the doctor asked once Donghae closed the door.

“I- I don’t want to be here. Nothing is wrong with me!” Yejun said as new tears went down her cheeks. Hae come back. Please.

“You’re going to be okay.” The nurse said trying to calm her down.

Lindy got a call immediately from a nurse once she found out Yejun had woken up. She sped to the hospital and was led to an empty waiting room with Donghae’s hand over his face.

“Hae?” Lindy tried.

Donghae looked up.

“Is she okay?” Lindy asked.

Donghae nodded his head as yes. “The doctor is talking to her in private right now.”

“About what?”

“I don’t know” Donghae said as Lindy sat down beside him. She knew how scared Donghae was last night. They were both terrified she had fell into another coma. “She’s terrified Lindy.”

“Terrified of what Hae? What happened?”

“You should have seen the look on her face when I was asked to leave. It was as if she was begging me to stay but I couldn’t. Do-do you think she remembers?”

 

Hello readers!

First of all thank you to all the new readers ^^ It really means a lot :)

I know this chapter is short :( I'm sorry but this is the best i can do for now until i can update again this weekend!

Until then this is like a teaser...could you call it that?....until next weeks chapter :)

Please comment and subscribe ^^