Chapter 7

My Enduring Love

“You should have seen the look on her face when I was asked to leave. It was as if she was begging me to stay but I couldn’t. Do-do you think she remembers?”

“Donghae, I know you miss her but let’s not get our hopes up” Lindy said and just then a nurse and the doctor came in.

He was scribbling something on a clipboard when he said “I’m putting her on anti-depressants. I might not know what exactly happened in her life but it's taking a toll on her body physically and psychologically. Please look after her properly and don’t push her too much. Also please be more understanding of her health and what she is going through. Make sure she is well before you push her to model again.”

Then Donghae and Lindy’s mouth opened

“What?!” Lindy screamed and at the same time Donghae said “anti-depressants?”.

“Doctor Shim, I don’t think that is necessary. She’s perfectly happy-“ Lindy said when the doctor interrupted.

“She clearly isn’t perfectly happy. Many people in the entertainment field take anti-depressants; it shouldn’t have an impact on the way she works. But for now I want her not to work until her body gets used to the pills. Let her get a lot of sleep and make sure she eats well. If anything else happens or if she doesn’t wake up again bring her back and we’ll take a closer look to see if anything is really wrong. A nurse is getting her ready to leave now. Have a good night” the doctor said then walked out.

Lindy and Donghae sat there in confusion not knowing what to think or say.

“We should go see her. She’s probably ready.” Donghae said with no emotion in his voice. He left the room without Lindy and just walked to Yejun.

Once he reached her room he opened the door and saw Yejun sitting on the hospital bed in her normal clothes.

“How are you feeling?” Donghae asks as he got closer to her.

No response.

“We’re going to leave now”

No response.

Then Lindy walks in and looks at the figure sitting cross legged on the bed “Hun? We’re leaving now. Put on your shoes”.

Then Yejun looked up with empty eyes. She hung her feet over the side of the bed about to put on her shoes when Donghae reached for her foot. He sat down on the chair beside the bed and looked at Yejun who looked at him with big eyes. His touch, his feeling, his warmth, Yejun liked it all. He put her foot on his leg as he slipped on one shoe and tied the laces. He put the foot down and grabbed the next. Not once did he look up at Yejun which hurt her heart. I’ve been ignoring him this whole time. So this is how it feels like to be hurt by the person you want to love you.

The car ride home was silent. Donghae had to leave for a schedule so it was just Lindy and Yejun in the car.

“Do you miss Canada?” Lindy asked. They were at a stop light and surprisingly Yejun hadn’t fallen asleep.

“Yes” Yejun said softly. There was someone she missed more though.

“Was it a mistake bringing you here Yejun?” the light turned green. Lindy didn’t know what to do anymore. The girl was on anti-depressants. Did she do this to Yejun? Lindy was the one suggested they go to Korea. Lindy was the one who suggested she dated Donghae. Lindy was the one who was driving the car when they crashed. This is all my fault, Lindy thought to herself, and now I have to fix this. “Tell me Yejun. I don’t know what to do anymore. Everything I’ve tried has failed miserably and if anything you look miserable yourself. So please tell me what you want me to do. I’m sorry for forcing so much on you since we came. I thought you were happy. That’s all I ever wanted.”

“You can’t change the past unnie” Yejun said with no emotion. It was true. Lindy was the main reason why they came to Korea and why she dated. But all has been said and done. You can’t change it. Yejun is just putting up with everything and trying to get through life. It wasn’t Lindy’s fault though for the way she was treated by her parents. It wasn’t Lindy’s fault that she felt so emotionless and empty. It wasn’t Lindy’s fault that she couldn’t accept her own feelings or even try to love another person.

Once they arrived home Yejun just sat on the couch in the living room. That doesn’t happen often. She’s usually in her room sleeping. Lindy looked at the girl who was staring at nothing. She just looked around the room as if she had nothing better to do, which she didn’t.

“I’ll make you some food.” Lindy said as she began to cut vegetables. Yejun got up from the couch and went up to the counter in the kitchen and sat in one of the stools there. Has she really fallen for Donghae? Is this really what it took? Was Donghae mad at her?

“Is Donghae mad at me?” Yejun asks as she looks down at her hands. Lindy was putting the vegetables in the pot for kimchi stew.

Lindy took in a deep breath “He’s just frustrated Yejun.”

“Why?”

“His girlfriend is on anti-depressants. She doesn’t remember him and won’t let him in.” Lindy said bluntly “its understandable to be frustrated in times like this Yejun.”

“Oh” then Yejun looked around. She wanted to cry but she couldn’t. She had made Donghae feel like this. So miserable. She ignored him. His feelings and her own. As much as she didn’t want to accept her feelings, it was those moments like today at the hospital when she had no one except Donghae for support. It was those times when she was grateful for Donghae and his feelings for her. It was those times she resented him most though because she can’t allow herself to feel so deeply for him.

Should she do something for him? No. That would be too embarrassing. But he’s done so much. “Lindy?”

Lindy made a hum noise to signify she’s listening.

“Can i- I make a lunch box for Donghae?” Yejun’s face flushed red not knowing what to do. She just asked to make lunch for Donghae. Was she going to visit him at his schedule and have everyone squeal at what she’s doing? She’ll probably be in the papers the next day if anyone see’s her.

“Of course” Lindy said with a smile. She doesn’t remember Yejun ever making a lunch box for Donghae. Lindy thought it was the anti-depressants which are causing Yejun to ask this but its also a good thing…right?

The next day came and Yejun went with Lindy to buy groceries. She usually doesn’t leave but Yejun wanted to put a lot of effort into this to show her gratitude.

Once they got back home with all the groceries Yejun began with her lunchbox. Lindy went to the bedroom do some paperwork while Yejun cooked. Lindy had suggested she made two, one for Donghae and one for her so then they can eat together. Yejun liked the idea but felt it was a bit too fast to do that. So instead she was going to make one just for Donghae.

She put the lettuce at the bottom and used the sausages to make different sea creatures because Donghae likes the sea. She had some kimbap and more meat and boiled eggs. Once the box was ready she began to slices some fruit to put in a separate lunch box. In this box she wrote thank you with a heart to show Donghae that she does care about him and his efforts. She began to blush and always put second thoughts if she should send the heart or not though.

Once she was done she stacked them on top of each other packed a fork and wrapped them up in a kitchen towel. Lindy knows Donghae’s schedule and said he was filming something so they would go to the film set. Yejun didn’t even know that her own boyfriend was an actor as well. She thought he just was a singer.

They arrived to an outdoor filming set in a park. Yejun looked around and just saw people working and some people filming but she didn’t see Donghae. Suddenly she see’s Donghae appear on the screen and he’s holding hands with a little girl. They talk as Donghae looks up at the sky and then back at the little girl. After about 15 minutes of watching Donghae film the director finally calls cut. Lindy and Yejun were sitting at a table in a tent that was set up for VIP’s or other actors on set. Yejun was looking around at how everyone was working hard and how actors were rehearsing lines or getting make up done that she didn’t even realize that Donghae was already walking towards them.

“You came!” Donghae said with a huge smile on his face. Yejun and Lindy got up from their chairs.

“Uhm,” Yejun began because Lindy was talking to someone else from the filming crew. “I-I brought you something.” She then holds out the wrapped lunch boxes.

“What’s this?” Donghae asks taking the lunch boxes.

“I made lunch boxes as a thank you for everything” Yejun says getting shy. She’s looking down at her feet.

Donghae puts his hand on Yejun’s chin and lifts it slightly “you have a beautiful face. Don’t look at the ground” he notices Yejun’s face blushing and he lets out a small laugh as he brings his hand to rub his nape.

He takes a seat beside Yejun and places the lunchbox on the coffee table in front of them “I’m on my lunch break now. We should eat this together”.

“N-no. It’s okay, I think we’re leaving soon” Yejun said about to get up. Yejun felt really shy around Donghae and since there were a lot of people there and she felt people watching out of the corner of their eyes it made her even more shy.

“Lindy is busy talking. Just stay until she’s done, pleassse?” Donghae begs and does puppy eyes. For the first time ever Yejun looks into them and see’s soft chocolate orbs. She sits back down and looks into her lap.

“I didn’t know you were an actor” Yejun says as Donghae begins to open the lunch box.

“I’ve been in a couple of drama’s and movies, also some music videos. This role isn’t a big role. It’s very minor but it will still take a few days to film”

Yejun feels guilty her own boyfriend had been in dramas yet she didn’t even know. “Have I seen any of them?” she asks wanting to know more about herself.

“All of them”

“Oh”

Silence takes over again suddenly Donghae hold’s up his chopsticks to Yejun’s mouth with a piece of fruit. Yejun was surprised by this action and didn’t want to take it.

“No thanks” she says and a sudden flash of hurt was in Donghae’s eyes.

“Have you eaten already?” he asks bringing the piece of fruit back to his mouth.

“N-no but I’m just not hungry. I’m sorry.” Yejun looks back at the ground and feels guilty. She probably made him look like a fool.

Donghae usually isn’t this quiet and he talks a lot more but right now he seemed to be really into eating his food so Yejun didn’t say anything and just sat there. He was probably really tired from filming all day.

“Is the filming going well?” Yejun asks trying to break the silence.

“Yeah it’s been pretty good. No set backs and we’re on schedule.”

“Oh”

“Maybe if we finish our filming early I’ll go visit you” Donghae said with a smile on his face.

“No, you’re probably really tired”

Then Lindy came and noticed the awkward atmosphere “Hey Hae” she said happily.

“Hey” Donghae says as he gets up “I was about to go. I should get ready for my next scene. I’ll come over later if I have time”

“Oh that would be great! I have a meeting to go to for dinner and I didn’t want to leave Yejun alone” Lindy says with a smile.

“Then I’ll for sure go” Donghae smiles.

Yejun gets up from her seat and looks at the ground.

“So I’ll see you later then? Thanks for coming, it was nice to have the support and get away from this schedule for a bit. I’ll see you byee” Donghae says and walks away.

Yejun picks up the containers from the table and walks back to the car with Lindy. Tears were threatening to fall from her eyes but she didn’t allow them. She wanted to cry for bothering Donghae. She wanted to cry because she couldn't let her love for him come out. She wanted to cry because she was afraid to love and be loved.

“Why were things so awkward?” Lindy asks Yejun as they got into the car.

“He’s tired” Yejun answered. The whole ride home Yejun slept. She woke up and groggily walked back into the apartment then went straight to her bedroom only to sleep more.

 

 

Hello! Another short chapter? Sorry :( I'll update tomorrow though! I promise!

Thank you new readers and subscribers ^^ Thank you to my comments as well! It keeps me going :)!

Do you guys think the chapters are too long or too short? Or do you prefer a chapter to be around this length usually?

I just want to know so that I don't make you bored v.v

Comments, questions and new ideas are welcomed :)

Enjoy!