Chapter 18

My Enduring Love

“You seem happy” Eunhyuk said to Donghae. They had just dropped off Yejun and were heading to the dorm.

“I liked that I was able to see her today” Donghae said while looking out the window.

“Are things better between you two?”

“They seem better. But I’m afraid to say anything. She still isn’t talking a lot but I mean she’s saying something which is better than nothing.”

“She said something to me”

“I know. I’m surprised because she hasn’t talked to anyone else. You should feel honored” he said as a joke.

“So what now?”

“What do you mean?”

“Are you two together? Like together together?”

“I feel like she still wants time.”

“You’ve given her a lot of space.”

“I know but I’m afraid to push it. She hasn’t even talked about the suicide attempt yet. Sometimes I feel like she talks to me just because she doesn’t want me to be mad at her anymore. I’m just not sure of how she feels and she gives off mixed feelings. Like sometimes I feel like she wants to say something to me or to just be like a normal couple with me. But then other times she will still push me away or just not want to see me.”

And that’s how the next few weeks went by. Donghae would visit Yejun and she still hadn’t been saying a lot to Donghae. She still hadn’t talked to Lindy and was starting to do a few photo shoots. Not many but she did about one a week. She felt her life was somewhat settling yet she was still bothered by her feelings. Sometimes she refused to see Donghae because she missed him too much. Sometimes she refused to leave her room because she only wanted to see Donghae. She had days when she couldn’t sleep because Donghae was on her mind. When he was out of the country and she wasn’t able to see him she would watch the videos of him she found of them from before the car crash.

The media and everyone had calmed down about the scandal with Seunghyun but neither of the two ever talked about it or to each other.

Donghae knew something which Yejun didn’t though. Lindy was out of the house all the time. She always told Yejun she was at the office doing paper work and would stay until late into the night. By the time she came home Yejun was already in bed sleeping.

Lindy was spending most of her time drinking alone in her office. She would drink until the pain she felt left her. She would cry while drinking in hopes it would take away her emotional pain.

One night Lindy called Donghae to cry to.

“Hhhhhhae, it’s all my f-fault right?” Lindy’s speech was slurring and she hiccupped at the end of her sentence.

“Noona? Are you okay?” Donghae asked concerned. He had just finished another recording and was cleaning up before leaving.

“S-she ish likkke th-this because of me” she began pointing to herself. She grabbed the bottle of vodka and tried to pour it into her cup but she ended up missing the cup and watched as the alcohol went all over her desk.

“Noona where are you? I’ll go pick you up” Donghae knew what she was talking about. She knew she was talking about Yejun but he didn’t have the heart to talk about this right now.

“I-I’m in the offffice” she said.

“I’ll be right there” Donghae said then hung up the phone. He quickly gathered his stuff then left. He looked at the time. 3 Am. Aish what is she doing. Donghae loved Lindy as a close friend or sister. He couldn’t watch her be like this. He’s suspected for a long time now that she had problems with alcohol. This wasn’t the first time he got a drunk call from her. But he realized that many times when he saw her or talked to her on the phone she would be drinking wine. He also noticed the amount of alcohol in her apartment was a lot more compared to having one bottle of wine before.

He sped down the empty night streets. Usually Lindy’s office is only 40 minutes away from SM, which is where he was at recording, but since it was late and the roads were empty he got there in about 20 minutes.

He went into the tall glass building and the security guard recognized him as he’s come before with Lindy and Yejun. He went into the elevator and pressed the 16th floor. He stepped out the elevator and tried to remember where Lindys office was. All the lights were off but he saw a small light from under a door which he assumed was Lindy’s.

He walked in and found a mess. Lindy was curled up in a ball on her swivel chair crying. There were tissues everywhere and the place smelt like alcohol. Her desk had no papers on it but some alcohol.

“Noona?” he said as he approached her carefully.

“I r-ruined her diddn’t i?” was all she said threw her sobs.

“Noona, you’re drunk. You can’t think right. I’ll clean this up then we can go okay?” Donghae said as he grabbed the tissue box and began to clean up the alcohol.

“Th-the car crashhh was my fault. Sheee can’t remember because of me. She’s on anti depressents because of mee. She tr-tried to killlll herself bbbecause of me. She won’t t-t-talk to me and shhhe cheated on you because of me” Lindy said.

Once Donghae heard that last sentence he stopped cleaning. He stopped breathing. “She said she didn’t cheat” he said with tears in his eyes. His heart hurt again remember the pain from the day he saw the photos of Yejun and Seunghyun.

“Ye-yejun’s good at hiding things.” Lindy said.

She said all they did was hug and he kissed her on the forehead. Donghae couldn’t think straight but tears began to flow out of his eyes. “how is that your fault?”

“I allowed her to to to go out with him. I t-told her to be careful and co-consider your f-feelings but she di-dn’t listen.” Lindy confessed. Her sobs weren’t slowing down.

Donghae didn’t know what to think. He was furious that this topic has been brought up again although its been a long time already. Lindy is drunk. She isn’t saying things right. Don’t doubt Yejun, Hae. Lindy is drunk. She’s confused and a wreck right now. Focus on getting her home, he thought to himself.

Once he finished cleaning he grabbed Lindy and her bag and tried to walk out the door but Lindy just fell to the ground. Donghae put her on his back and carried her to the elevator and down to his car. He put her seat belt on then went to his side and started to drive away.

“I’m sorry Donghae. All of your pain is my fault” Lindy said still sobbing.

“Just,” Donghae took in a deep breath. He stopped himself from crying any longer. He couldn’t get distracted. “Just stop talking noona. You’re drunk. I’ll take you home.”

Once they arrived at Lindy’s apartment he put her on his back again and went up the elevator to their place. He grabbed the key from Lindy’s bag and quietly entered the apartment. He knew Yejun was in her room sleeping.

He walked into Lindy’s room which he has never been to before and put her down on the bed. She had already fallen asleep. He put her on her side just to make sure she didn’t barf and choke on it. He looked at the room and saw a few empty wine bottles in a corner and some wine glasses on her bed side table. He left the night lamp on her table on and closed the door. He quietly opened Yejun’s door and saw the angel sleeping on her side. He wanted to smile but felt hurt after what Lindy said. He didn’t know what to think anymore so before he started to cry again he closed the door and left the apartment quietly.

He got into his car and looked at the clock, 5 AM. He rested his head back and began to remember what Lindy said. She didn’t cheat. Lindy just doesn’t know the whole story and she was drunk. She was getting things mixed up. But what if its me whose getting things mixed up? I can’t leave Yejun though. She’ll end up in the hospital again. I’ll just ask her about it. Once he came to that conclusion, which he himself wasn’t so sure about, he drove off to his dorm hoping to be able to get at least 2 hours of sleep before his next schedule started.

Yejun woke up first the next morning like every other. She went into the kitchen and took a water bottle out from the fridge. She heard a knock on the door and answered it. It was a delivery man with a brown bag.

“This was ordered for this address” the man said. Yejun took it then closed the door.

She looked at the note on it but it was typed out which said “You’ll need this”.

Yejun didn’t know what was in it but it had Lindy’s name on it so she decided it would be better not to open it.

Yejun doesn’t do much in her spare time. She’ll sometimes go out for walks. But lately Lindy has been sleeping in a lot so her mornings are boring.

It was about 2 pm when Lindy woke up from a head ache. It felt like she’s been smacked repeatedly in the head with a brick. She groaned and rolled over not remember what happened. She opened her drawer then took out some pain killers for her head ache.

“Afternoon Yejun” Lindy said when she managed to walk out her room and into the living room.

She saw a brown bag with her name and a small note on it. Hae. She thought to herself. Then everything came back. Calling Donghae. Crying in her office. Him bringing her home. She looked over at Yejun who was sitting on the couch flipping through the channels trying to find something interesting to watch.

“H-has Donghae called you?” Lindy asked. She was afraid what she said to him might have caused something between the two.

Yejun shook her head as a no.

Good sign or bad sign? Lindy thought to herself. She opened the bag and found some hang over soup. Aish this kid. Lindy thought. She felt bad and decided to text him

To: Donghae

From: Lindy noona

Donghae thank you for the soup and I’m so sorry about last night.

 

To: Lindy noona

From: Donghae

You’re welcome noona ^^ Have it well! And don’t worry about it. What time did you say Yejun had her appointment at tomorrow?

Lindy read the text and cursed in her head. Yejun had an appointment tomorrow with her psychologist. Afterwards the psychologist would talk to Lindy about her progress but Lindy thought that since Donghae has been with Yejun through these past few months, it would be good if he also heard what the psychologist had to say. All the other times Lindy would just tell him anyway so he might as well go this time.

Lindy texted Donghae the time to be at the doctors office then warmed up her soup. Yejun hadn’t been doing a lot lately which was worrying Lindy. She needs to find a hobby or something to get her brain moving.

“Yejun, is there somewhere you want to go to today?” Lindy asked as she drank her soup.

Yejun shook her head as a no.

This is how their days usually started. Lindy would ask Yejun what she wants to do which Yejun doesn’t say anything. Usually Yejun would just go with Lindy to run errands or she would stay home and sleep. Lindy was eying the girl as she still flipped through the channels with no expression on her face. She’s gotten much paler since she is spending a lot more time at home.

Donghae had a schedule today so he wasn’t able to come and visit Yejun so their day consisted of doing nothing. Lindy went out again to her office later on in the day and stayed there until about 3 am when her friend drove her home.

She arrived home and stumbled through the house. She managed to get to her room and closed her eyes and fell into a dreamless sleep.

.

.

.

“She seems a lot better on the outside but on the inside there has been no progress.”  Dr. Oh said. “How is she at home?”

“She hasn’t talked at home.” Lindy said.

“But she has said small things to me” Donghae said.

The 3 were sitting inside Dr. Oh ‘s office while Yejun waited outside.

“I see” the doctor said “She needs comfort. She has something which she is trying to hide or at least avoid. It’s clear. But Donghae, the reason why she’s only talking to you might be because she’s hiding something from you or she’s avoiding something from you. But it’s clear that she wants your attention. She is very confused with her emotions right now. Just be careful with her.” The doctor said.

Donghae began thinking about what Lindy said the other night, Yejun’s good at hiding things.

“I suggest you focus on her health right now. Let her become healthy before she can think about relationships and working again. Her health should be more important but relationships and work might be affecting her too much.” The doctor was looking at Donghae more than Lindy.

Both Donghae and Lindy nodded their heads. The doctor said a bit more before leaving the two alone in her office.

“Do you think we should take a break?” Donghae asked. He was slouched over on his chair looking at the ground.

Lindy was sitting in her chair also looking at nothing in particular. “I don’t know Donghae.” She said. At that moment she was craving the burning sensation down which alcohol gave her. She didn’t know how to react anymore to anything the doctors told her. She felt as if all hope was lost of Yejun. Like Donghae was her only escape yet Yejun couldn’t see that so she refused to let him in.

“If I let her go…maybe she’ll be happy again.” Donghae said while his voice cracked. “It’ll be easier for you noona”. With that last sentence he was talking about Lindy’s drinking problem.

“Don’t bring the alcohol into this. I already have it on my mind.” Lindy said frustrated.

“You need to find help too noona.”

“I’m not important right now! It’s Yejun! I’m done right now with life but Yejun isn’t! We need to focus on her not me!” Lindy said then began to cry. Donghae held her feeling her pain.

Once Lindy wiped the tears off her face and Donghae on his they walked out of the doctors office and into the waiting area which Yejun was in.

“Come on Yejun” Donghae said. She followed behind him like a lost puppy as they walked to their cars.

Shortly after they parted their ways. Donghae didn’t have a lot to do but he just needed to think.

 

Hello!!!

Thanks for the comments guys ^^ and welcome new subscribers and readers :)

I know I don't reply to your comments but I really really really do appreciate them so thank you so much :) especially to the ones who have commented for every update ^^

Don't be afraid to comment! I like reading them a lot ^^

So how was this chapter? I wanted to kind of show Lindy's place in the story because she isn't usually the focus but I mean she does a play a big role in Yejun's life and was affected by everything as well. I hope you didn't find it boring though!

Also...

I'm sorry but I won't be able to update twice a week anymore :( school is getting busy and I get a lot of readings and stuff T.T I'm sorry :( if I get the chance to update twice  week then I will! But unless I do, please don't count on it :'(

Enjoy the reading!