Speculations

The Dauntless Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey readers! I hope this fic has caught your interest so far and thank you for the subs, upvotes and comments. ^^ 
School will be starting for me soon, so I would try my best to update this fic every seven to ten days. 
Now... off to chapter 5... 
 

 

 

 

“Who did you go after?” Donghae asked as he leaned against the side of Kyuhyun’s table.

 

Donghae had found Kyuhyun walking back to the deal location and Heechul came back for them after losing the car that escaped from the back of the house. He noticed that Kyuhyun had been distracted since then.

 

“A guy who ran out of the house.” Kyuhyun said as he typed out the report for their monitoring at the back of the house. He didn’t know if he should be telling them that he knew the guy. He needed to see Siwon to clear all his questions now, but everyone was busy with all the questioning of the suspects and reports to be done. They didn’t manage to get their hands on any of the goods.

 

“What happened then?”

“Another guy appeared out of nowhere and opened fire. They escaped in a car.” Kyuhyun looked up at Donghae.

 

Should I ask him? They should know since they have been tracking the gang for so long right?

 

“Did you recognize them?” Donghae pulled a chair from the opposite table – Jungsu’s table –  and sat down.

“The guy I followed had blond hair. The one who called him hyung and saved him was brown-haired and of a small built. He had the TriSatan logo tattooed on his neck.” Kyuhyun described, hoping that Donghae would recognize them and mention Sungmin’s name first. On the other hand, he hoped that Donghae didn’t know them. He didn’t want to believe that Sungmin was actually part of the TriSatan.

“Small guy with the tattoo on his neck…” Donghae’s voice trailed off as he turned towards Jungsu’s table and searched the files propped up on the stand. Grabbing a yellow file, he flipped through the pages until he found the one he was looking for.

 

“Is it him?” Donghae passed the file over to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun stared at the photo. It was the same guy he had seen with the tattoo on his neck. He nodded at Donghae and scanned through the profile of the guy.

 

“Kim Ryeowook, nickname Kil. He was promoted to a Lezolt two years ago and is under…” Donghae grabbed the file back and flipped to the front pages. “There’s only one guy with blond hair in their division… Lee Sungmin.”

 

Kyuhyun stared at the photo of Sungmin on his profile page.

He’s really in TriSatan…

 

“Better known as Dauntless. He’s a really smart guy, been working as a Lazvol under Asphalt for quite a while.” Donghae paused and studied the blank expression on Kyuhyun’s face.

“Is it him?”

 

Kyuhyun blinked and looked at Donghae.

“Y-Yes… It’s him.”

 

“Are you okay, Kyuhyun?” Donghae lifted his arm to Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

“Yes… I was just thinking about all the names. What’s Lazvol?” Kyuhyun lied smoothly. He needed to know more about the gang anyway.

“Oh.” Donghae smiled. “You will get used to the terms. TriSatan has three factions, led by Revenge, Greed and Envy. They are biological brothers and Revenge is the oldest, so his faction is the ruling one.”

 

Donghae pulled out another file to show Kyuhyun. “TriSatan ranked their members in six different groups and a Lazvol is a third-in-command.” Donghae pointed to the ranking list. “The three big bosses are of the first ranking, Fallen, and basically the top three rankings are the superiors and have their own men and own place.”

 

Sungmin is not just in TriSatan. He is one of the higher-ups…

 

“As you know, the tobacco deal was under Asphalt. He’s the older son of Revenge and pretty much is the head of the faction now after his father fell ill and half-retired. He has a brother, called Joker. Both of them are second-in-commands, Archs, according to their rankings.”

Donghae chuckled suddenly. “They have a liking for angels. Fallen angels, arch angels.” He said in amusement.

 

“But their external deals had always been handled by Jet… Seems like they sent Dauntless this time.” Donghae turned serious again. “I need to tell Myungsoo and Siwon.”

Donghae stood up, pushing the chair back to the table. “You can read all the TriSatan files on Jungsu’s table if you want after finishing the report.”

“Thanks, Donghae.” Kyuhyun smiled at the older guy.

“No problem, I’m sure you will catch up soon. Ask me if you have any questions.” Donghae beamed before he walked away.

 

 

 

~---~

 

 

 

“Lee Sungmin, nickname Dauntless. Entered TriSatan, Revenge faction as a Naster at the age of 24. Rumored as Asphalt’s life savior, hence promoted to a Lazvol in less than two years. Has been working under Asphalt since then and feared by the other factions. Suspected to be involved in many crimes, but had never been caught.” Kyuhyun ran through the information on Sungmin’s profile page in his head for the millionth time.

24… What did he do before he entered the gang? Why didn’t he… cont

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter