Complications

The Dauntless Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I will continue supporting Sungmin and my stories will continue as well. 
This Is Love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utmykx9RUEw
 

 

 

Kyuhyun drove his car down the lane, turning the corner to the street where his parents’ house was situated. He had first planned to get a place on his own despite his parents persuading him to stay together, but finally gave in to his sister’s whines.   

Kyuhyun squinted his eyes at an unfamiliar figure pacing outside their house. As his car neared, he racked his brain for the person’s identity. Somehow, he had a bad hunch about the person. If he were a friend, wouldn’t he have entered the house? What was this person doing outside their house?

The person looked up from the ground, seeming to have spotted his car as he smiled.

Kyuhyun knew the face; he had studied the exact facial features a few weeks ago.

Killing the engine before the gates, Kyuhyun climbed out of his car. The person was waiting for him.

 

“Asphalt-ssi, what are you doing here?” Kyuhyun asked coldly.

“Oh, you recognize me even though we haven’t met, Officer Cho.” Asphalt chuckled lightly.

“I could say the same to you. What are you doing here?”

“I was wondering whether Ahra still lives here.”

 

Kyuhyun widened his eyes upon hearing his sister’s name. How did Asphalt know about his sister? It wasn’t surprising that they ran a background check on him and found his house, but Asphalt was speaking as though he knew Ahra from before.

 

“Oh, I forgot that we didn’t manage to greet each other then. Your sister and I loved each other very much, you know, just like you and Sungmin.”

 

Kyuhyun recalled the name on Asphalt’s profile – Kim Sukho. It was the same name as his sister’s ex-boyfriend. It didn’t occur to him that this was the very Sukho that caused his sister so much pain. It even led to him breaking up with Sungmin because he had to fly overseas to take care of his sister.

 

Thinking about how Ahra suffered, anger rose in Kyuhyun. “Kim Sukho… you bastard. What more do you want with my sister? She took years to recover!”

“Oh no no, I won’t do anything to Ahra unless you don’t cooperate. I was truly sorry for leaving her and causing the miscarriage, but your father left me with no choice.”

“Don’t try to shift the blame to others. My father did nothing.”  

“He maintains a really good fatherly image hur?” Asphalt gave a mocking expression. “He threatened my father with the gang and caused him a heart attack that landed him in his current state. If it wasn’t because of what your father did, I would never have to leave Ahra.”

Kyuhyun let out a snort. “I won’t believe in your lies.”

“Whether you believe or not doesn’t matter. But if you don’t follow my instructions, I will get Ahra back.”

“Don’t you dare—”

“Don’t try to threaten me, Cho Kyuhyun. I’m not as patient as I look.”

“What the do you want? Me to cover your gang’s damn activities?”

“For now, I want answers.” Asphalt paused and stared intensely at Kyuhyun. “Is Sungmin an undercover agent?”

 

Kyuhyun hesistated, suddenly recalling that Asphalt had said that he and Ahra loved each other, just like him and Sungmin. How did Asphalt know of their relationship?

“Sungmin?”

Asphalt chortled. “Don’t test my patience, little boy. You didn’t deny it just now. I know you and Sungmin were together ten years ago. Come to think of it, it was the same time Ahra and I were together, right?”

“How did you know?”

“That is none of your concern. Now answer me, is Sungmin an undercover agent? Is he working for you?” Asphalt’s expression turned frustrated.

“No. We were once together, but that doesn’t mean he provides information to me.” Kyuhyun answered, easily keeping a straight face because it was the truth.

“Are you sure?” Asphalt raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, I’m not his bloody contact.” Kyuhyun snapped.

“How about the other officers?”

“Not that I know of.”

 

Asphalt closed the distance between them, staring into Kyuhyun’s eyes. “If I find out that you’re lying, I cannot guarantee Ahra’s safety, physically and emotionally.”

“Stay away from my sister.” Kyuhyun hissed. If it weren’t for Ahra, he wouldn’t be standing there calmly, having this conversation with Asphalt.

“I will, and you stay away from my Lazvol.” Asphalt took a step back. “He managed to escape alive this time, but he might not the next time.”

“What…” Kyuhyun’s voice faded as Asphalt walked away, leaving him rooted to the ground.

 

Escape alive? Did something happen to Sungmin?

 

 

 

~---~

 

 

 

 

“Ow ow ow!” Ryeowook screamed while his arms flailed around wildly. “Lightly please, Nurse Kim!”

“Stop moving! It’s just going to hurt more, Ryeowook-ssi.” The nurse continued cleaning the wounds on Ryeowook’s back, pressing the gauze soaked in disinfectant against them. “I need to clean your wounds properly. It has been six days and these on your back don’t seem to be healing as fast as they should. We need to take precautions against infection.”

“That doesn’t mean you cannot be gentle!” Ryeowook grunted, pressing his face into the pillow.

The nurse hummed in response. “I’m going to pull off your pants a little to treat the wounds.”

Ryeowook felt the elastic band of his pants being lifted carefully and released halfway at his . The pair of hands proceeded to clean the part of his wounds that extended down his lower back in a similar manner, but the movements were much gentler… as though it was another person doing it.

 

Ryeowook lifted his head and turned his neck swiftly to catch a glimpse of the person treating his wounds. He let out a squeak and scrambled out of bed, pulling his pants up in the process. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter