The Deal

The Dauntless Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy 9th Debut Anniversary to Sungmin ^^

 

 

 

“The seller is here, Dauntless hyungnim.” Hunter led the seller and his two bodyguards into the house.

“Mr. Yashi, nice to meet you.” Sungmin extended his hand to the seller for a handshake.

“First time meeting you, Dauntless-ssi.”

“Yes, Jet is busy, so Asphalt-nim sent me this time.”

 

The seller nodded. “Let’s get to the deal.” He gestured towards one of the bodyguards, who placed the black suitcase on the table. The bodyguard opened the suitcase and pushed it towards Sungmin, revealing the packets of tobacco within.

“Check the goods, Kil.” Sungmin ordered.

Ryeowook slit one of the packets open and pinched a small amount. He smelt it.

“Clear, hyungnim.”

 

“The rest is on the truck you all wanted me to bring in. I think your underling is checking it outside. Where’s the cash?” The seller asked hostilely.

“Patience, Mr. Yashi. Let my underling take count of the goods first.” Sungmin smiled.

“Are you saying that I will cheat—”

“Here he is.” Sungmin cut the seller off as Y entered the house.

 

“All clear, hyungnim.” Y reported.

“Good. Jess, Rin.” Sungmin called out and the two ladies appeared from the room with four suitcases. Lifting them to the table, they opened the suitcases and pushed them across the table to the seller.

“US$10 million in cash as you requested. Other than the $10 million deposit, the remaining $10 million has just been transferred to your bank account.” Sungmin said.

“Is the money in?”

One of the bodyguards took a call and nodded at the seller. The other counted the suitcases of money. The seller gave a satisfied smile as the bodyguard finished counting the right amount.

The seller turned to Sungmin. “I was worried since Asphalt-ssi changed the contact person, but Dauntless-ssi is as efficient as the others said.”

“You are flattering me, Mr. Yashi. This is my job.”

 

Sungmin was about to end the exchange when Wasp, a Lezolt working under Typical walked in. He bowed at everyone and walked straight to Sungmin.

“Dauntless-nim, the Ps are here. Information received last minute.” Wasp whispered into Sungmin’s ear.

 

Sungmin wanted to swear. How does information come so last minute? He was sure Typical had known earlier but purposely dragged it till the seller came. He took a deep breath to calm himself down. He had no time to get angry now.

Dismissing Wasp, he turned to all his underlings.

“Plan B.” Sungmin said and a few profanities escaped the mouths of his underlings.

 

“What’s Plan B?” The seller was starting to look worried.

“We have information that the police are here. Mr. Yashi, please stay in your car until we distract the police. Then you can leave by the back.” Sungmin explained calmly, unafraid of the rising fury from the seller.

“I KNEW SOMETHING WOULD GO WRONG WITH YOU.” The seller yelled at Sungmin.

“The deal is done. We will ensure your safety out of here. If you want to complain to Asphalt-nim about me, do so after we all get out of this bloody place.” Sungmin spoke firmly without raising his voice.

“You—” The seller raised his finger at Sungmin. “Fine!” He dropped his arm and walked out of the house to his car.

 

Ryeowook sprinted in as the seller went out.
“Hyung, we have transferred all the goods into the two cars. Hunter and Y are taking each car and the spare cars and trucks are all ready to leave.”

“Is Typical’s gang ready?” Sungmin asked.

“Their trucks and cars are on standby. But hyung, do you think they will stick to the plan? They obviously relayed the information late!”

“They have Joker to answer to if they screw up.” Sungmin replied, although he had his own worries about Typical’s level of cooperation.

 

“I need you to take my car and shadow Y. Let Zaf shadow Hunter.” Sungmin picked the best driver out of the Ephines working under him. “Make sure the handover to Typical’s men is smooth.”

“No, I can’t leave you without a car, hyung!” Ryeowook exclaimed.

“WE HAVE NO TIME FOR THIS, WOOK.” Sungmin shouted. “I will leave by the back and ensure the seller leaves safely. We’ll meet at Arch-A.”

Ryeowook didn’t want to agree to the plan, but he knew Sungmin’s words were final.

“Stay safe, hyung.” Ryeowook ran out of the house.

 

 

~---~

 

 

 

“Target coming out. It’s the two trucks that went in.” Myungsoo’s voice sounded in Kyuhyun’s earpiece.

“One right, one left. Prepare to intercept.”

“Wait. What the—There are more than two trucks.”

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened.

“Scheming.” Donghae hissed.

 

“Four trucks and three cars.”

 

“!” Heechul cussed.

 

“L1, R1 track the first two trucks. L2, R2 take a car each. P1, P2, P3, P4 take the two trucks. F1 will take the last car. B1 stay to monitor.” Myungsoo ordered.

Heechul rolled his eyes at the instructions. “Why do we have to be assigned to the back!” Heechul hit the steering wheel. “I want to chase down those bastards.”

“The vehicles probably all vacated, but I’m going to the front to monitor. Keep in contact.” Donghae said and got off the car.

 

Kyuhyun sat in the back of the car, hearing the occasional exchange over the earpiece. Everyone was busy tracking and chasing down the numerous vehicles. They waited for minutes.

 

“Hee, any movement?” It was Donghae’s voice.

“None, you?” Heechul replied.

“No movement. It might be fully vacated. We have to wait for instructions though.”

 

Heechul sighed. They seemed to be waiting for nothing, but they couldn’t leave until the tracking operation was wrapped up.

 

 

 

~---~

 

 

 

Sungmin observed the black car stationed on the road behind the house. He briskly walked bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter