New Lezolt

The Dauntless Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sungmin scowled as he saw Joker biting the new underling’s shoulder. He had just heard from Asphalt about the underling’s story before Asphalt went to get the said underling, but had yet to found a chance to tell his Lezolts, who were standing beside him now. The underling was obviously scared and didn’t like Joker’s actions, but Asphalt was not at the meeting room yet.

 

Feeling a need to protect his future Lezolt, Sungmin spoke up regardless of the consequences that may ensue.

“Joker hyungnim, even if he doesn’t feel uncomfortable, I’m feeling the discomfort watching. Can you don’t smooch my future underling in front of me?”

 

Joker stopped to look at him, obviously pissed at his interruption.

“Fine, Dauntless.” Joker pushed the underling away and walked towards him. “Let me touch you for five seconds then.”

 

Sungmin heard a curse escape Y behind him and he held up his hand to stop them from doing anything. He had a fair idea of what Joker was playing at. It had only been a week since the disciplinary session and he had discharged early from the hospital. His wounds were still quite raw, especially the cut on his left thigh.

He considered the offer. He just needed to hold out until Asphalt came in.

However, Ryeowook stepped forward. “Joker hyungnim—”

Before Ryeowook could finish his statement, Joker slammed him against the wall. Ryeowook let out a groan, grimacing as Joker pushed him down hard. “I thought the session taught you your place, little boy.”

 

“Let go of him please, Joker hyungnim.” Sungmin glared, but forced himself to remain calm.

“Another five seconds for that favor then.” Joker said teasingly.

 

Sungmin pushed himself up from the wall and spread his arms out as a gesture of agreement. He wouldn’t even consider rejecting now that Ryeowook was in Joker’s hands. He returned a smirk that Joker sent him.

Joker threw Ryeowook towards the other two underlings, slapping the Lezolt’s back in the process. Sungmin could imagine the wounds on Ryeowook’s back opening up again. 

He was pulled out of his thoughts when Joker slid his arm down his waist to his thigh, clutching it. Sungmin gritted his teeth, his arms dropping back to his sides, as he struggled to remain nonchalant.

 

“Hyungnim!” Y shouted.

Holding his hand up again, Sungmin said through his gritted teeth, “I’m fine.”

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING, JOKER?” Asphalt’s voice roared through the room.

Sungmin inhaled a deep breath, thankful that Asphalt is here. Then, Joker sent a chopping strike to his wound, causing a sharp pang of pain to shoot through. Sungmin grimaced, losing the strength in his left leg momentarily. He stumbled, but an arm caught him.

He looked up to see Asphalt. “Are you okay, Sungmin?”

“I’m fine, thank you hyung.” Sungmin forced a smile.

 

Asphalt glared at Joker.

 

“Sit. Sungmin and Typical too.” Asphalt ordered. Sungmin quickly took a seat to relieve the pain.

He was still distracted by the tingling pain when Asphalt spoke again.

 

“Come here, Kibum.” The new underling made his way to the space in between him and Asphalt, his head bowed throughout.

“Sungmin, this is Kibum, the new Lezolt that will joined your division from now on.”

Kibum seemed surprised. Sungmin reckoned it was due to the sudden promotion of his ranking from a Naster to a Lezolt.

“Kibum, this is Dauntless, your superior from now on.” Asphalt gestured towards Sungmin. Kibum didn’t even look at him.

“You have to treat him well. He is my dear wife’s cousin.” Joker said sweetly, but Sungmin knew he was just teasing Kibum.

 

“Why a sudden new Lezolt?” Ryeowook cut in hostilely.

Sungmin realized Ryeowook’s concern. He thought Kibum was sent by Joker to spy on him.

“I’ll take him.” Sungmin said quickly.

“But hyung—” Ryeowook whispered beside his ear.

Sungmin lowered his voice just for Ryeowook to hear. “It’s fine.”

 

“All settled then. Kibum is now under me and Sungmin.” Asphalt declared.

“You can leave first, Sungmin. I have things to talk about with Joker.” Asphalt said before turning to Kibum. “Follow your hyungnim.”

 

Sungmin stood up and bowed, passing by the back of the rest slowly while trying not to limp. He caught Kibum flinching when Hunter touched his shoulder to gesture him to follow. Distracted by his underlings, Sungmin gasped when he felt a chair knocking hard against his injured thigh. He bent over in pain, supporting himself with his arms on the table.

“Joker.” Asphalt roared and Joker guffawed.

Sungmin took a few deep breaths and pushed away Ryeowook and Y’s arms on him. He gave a final bow and forced himself out of the door without limping.

He was about to give into the pain when he realized that there were other underlings along the corridor staring at him. Although the entire faction knew he had undergone a disciplinary session, they never knew the details as Asphalt ordered everyone who was present at the session to shut their mouths. Sungmin couldn’t let anyone else know he was this badly injured and the reason behind the session. It would put his division into danger from other factions and other gangs.

Clenching his fists tight, he headed towards another meeting room two rooms down the corridor, managing to drag his left leg without limping. He ignored his Lezolts’ arms and whisperings.

 

As Sungmin pushed the door open to the empty room, he fell towards the table, wincing in pain. His Lezolts followed quickly behind, closing the door behind them.

“Hyung! Are you alright?” Ryeowook asked worriedly.

“Hyung, does your leg hurt? Let me check for you.” Y said.

“I’m fine. I just need to rest.” Sungmin muttered stubbornly, although his expression said otherwise.

 

Sungmin pulled a chair out slightly, lowering himself while keeping his left leg straight. The pain was killing him and he reckoned that the wound has bled again. He hasn’t even removed the stitches. But he couldn’t change the dressing or do anything here, not when anyone could walk in and see his wound. Sungmin stumbled again, almost falling to the floor as t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter