Fairytale

The Dauntless Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy 10th Debut Anniversary to Sungmin ^^

 

 

 

Sungmin groaned at the ache spreading up his back, shrugging away from Kyuhyun’s heavy arm on his waist. The latter was already awake, giving him a smile so affectionate it threw Sungmin off for a few seconds.

 

“Sore?” Kyuhyun reached an arm over his waist again, lightly massaging his back.

 

“A little.” Sungmin lied, not wanting to let the officer figure that he hadn’t allowed anyone to top him for the past ten years. He did have with countless, but as a bottom, it was exclusive for Kyuhyun. After separating ten years ago, Sungmin thought he would never experience such mixture of pain and pleasure again, but he gave in to the temptation under intoxication last night.

 

After the officer sought him out in the gym the previous morning, they had gone for breakfast, which was joined by Ryeowook and Jongwoon. The day was eventually spent in malls shopping for clothes, the other couple enjoying it while Kyuhyun tried to pick out clothes repeatedly for him, which he all rejected. Sungmin only tried out a few clothing Ryeowook chose for him, trusting in his stylist for the past three years. They went to a club after having sushi for dinner, eventually ending up back in the hotel room drunk and vulnerable to the lust in them.

 

“I was expecting to wake up to the bed empty on your side.” Kyuhyun said, propping his head up with his free hand on the side of his head. “It was a nice surprise to see you still asleep in my arms.”

Sungmin snorted, massaging his temples at an attempt to drive away the remaining grogginess. “You think I can still go exercising after an entire night of booze and ?”

“Talking about that, I’m still surprised that morning exercises are part of your routine now.” Kyuhyun increased the strength in his presses, soothing out the tensed muscles in Sungmin’s back.

“Need to keep fit so that I don’t get killed.” Sungmin hid his yawn behind his hand.

“That didn’t occur to you when you were a police trainee?”

Sungmin scowled at the phrasing. “What the hell are you implying?”

“I’m not implying anything!” Kyuhyun raised his hands in innocence. “I just… You’ve changed.”

Sungmin almost rolled his eyes, irritation catching up fast on him with the sleepiness still haunting him. “And you haven’t?”

A crease deepened between Kyuhyun’s brows. “I did… We all did. We changed.”

 

Silence aded the room, settling comfortably between the two as they looked at each other. If there was one thing that didn’t change, it was how comfortable they were being silent around each other. There was no need for endless words to fill the spaces, though, when he wasn’t holding back like now, Sungmin could easily talk and bicker with the officer.

 

“Do you really have to fly tonight?” Kyuhyun asked, breaking the silence as he lifted his hand to push back Sungmin’s messy locks.  

“Why? Are you gonna miss being able to me like this?” Sungmin smirked jokingly as the officer laughed in response.

“Probably, but it’s you I’ll miss.” Kyuhyun caressed his cheek, smiling gently at him. “Not just the .”

 

The sincere words sent Sungmin staring for a few seconds, before he brushed off the officer’s hand, pulling himself up on the bed. Ignoring the ache in his back and bottom, he trod around the room, searching for his jeans to retrieve his phone.

 

A whistle pulled his attention away from the reporting message from Y, his eyes meeting the teasing ones of the officer. “It’s a nice view from here.”

 

Sungmin shrugged, unabashed by his ness. When he was still young ten years ago, he had often flushed red under Kyuhyun’s eyes. But like they had agreed on, things changed.

 

“I have plans for today. Are you going to stick to me again?” He asked, frowning at the time displayed on his phone. “It’s already 11.30.”

“Mmh, I’m going to stick to you for all I can.” Sungmin heard the officer reply, ignoring the teasing tone to bend over to dress temporarily in his dirty boxers he had found near a chair leg.

 

“Yah.” He jerked up when arms circled his waist, but the officer threw his entire body weight on him, pushing him down again. Feeling the bulge pressing against his bottom, Sungmin struggled, raising his voice to warn Kyuhyun. “If you dare to put your in me now, I swear I’ll cut—”

“Shhhhh, I’m not going to do that.” The officer’s cheek nudged against his back. “I just want to hold you.”

Sungmin held still for three seconds before groaning. “You’re heavy, get off.” He grumbled, earning a whining hum from Kyuhyun.

“Just a while more. I said I would stick to you~”

“I didn’t mean it literally when I asked!” Sungmin exclaimed, putting all his strength in straightening his back. Lifting both Kyuhyun and him, he deliberately hooked his left leg to aim for the officer’s groin, but the officer surprisingly jumped back in time to avoid the attack.

 

“Woah woah woah. Do you have to be that ruthless?” Kyuhyun asked, a mischievous grin forming on his face. “But that makes you hot, ba—”

 

Sungmin swung his leg out, sweeping the officer off his feet. He chortled when Kyuhyun landed with a loud thud on his side, groaning in pain before glaring at him. “Not so fast this time hur?”

“You sneaky brat!”

Sungmin shrugged. “Considering you were one of the top agents in Interpol, you should have been able to dodge that easily.”

“Don’t bull me, Min!” Kyuhyun picked himself up from the carpeted floor, rubbing his sore . “You know how Interpol works. We’re data analysis and coordination agents! Even if I do go on the field, there’s no action on my part!”

“Excuses.” Sungmin dismissed with a wave, pulling a clean set of clothes out from his luggage.

“What excuses?!” The officer stomped over with a flushed face.

“You’re in the field now, there’s action, but your reflexes are still ten times slower than when you were a trainee.” Sungmin reasoned, taking a step towards Kyuhyun. “How did you pass the physical test to get back into the police force, officer?”

“You—”

 

Sungmin cut the officer off with a quick make up peck on the lips, leaving Kyuhyun dumbfounded as he sauntered his way to the bathroom with his clothes. He knew he had crossed the line with his words, but it reminded him of how Kyuhyun would deliberately taunt him to motivate him to work harder when they were trainees. When he had easily taken down the officer outside Joker’s R-Spot, he had noticed how far off the officer was from his previous standards. It worried him considering the dangerous nature of Kyuhyun’s job, but he would never admit it.

 

Teasing and joking around like this was the furthest Sungmin could give in, and surprisingly, it was enough to comfort his tired soul. Being able to hang out in such a carefree manner was almost liberating.

 

It was a taste of the freedom he had secretly craved for.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~---~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seeing Sungmin in a good mood put Kyuhyun in a good mood as well. Though the gangster didn’t explicitly say so, his actions were a silent agreement to Kyuhyun’s request to disregard everything and enjoy their time in Japan together.

 

Instead of noticing how Sungmin had changed, Kyuhyun found himself noting what about the once trainee had remained – the beautiful smile, the sneaky movements, the whiny moments. He could see the young Sungmin hiding in the gangster’s shadow, camouflaged by the more vulgar, almost uncouth demeanor. Not that Kyuhyun hated this Sungmin; he accepted it without any hesitation, responding to the teasing and vulgarities with equally snarky retorts.

 

They spent the little remants of their morning bickering over how he tried to join the gangster in the showers, ending up in another makeout session. There was an indescribable ual pull between the two of them, the suppressed attraction built up over the ten years somehow irresistible, though Kyuhyun hardly put up any resistance. He was breaking free of the chains and constraints he did put on him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter