Disciplinary Session

The Dauntless Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I was tempted to rate this chapter M because of the elements of violence and torture, but I decided to just do it in the a/n.
So, please be warned of the possible discomfort arising from the violence and angst in this chapter. 
And before I run away, updates might possibly slow down from now because I'm busy. 

Now, please enjoy (?) the chapter while I frantically look for a hideout from your attacks for writing this chapter. /o\

p.s. do you all find the massive number of names too confusing? Maybe I should draw a relationship diagram or something. 

 

 

 

A bucket of water was splashed harshly on Sungmin’s face. His face scrunched up in discomfort and he opened his eyes slowly. The pain from the back of his neck seeped in.

The room was dark and the air was stale. The only light came through the ventilation fans, as Sungmin observed from the flickering shadows on the ground.

Sungmin knew where he was. It was one of the rooms they used to hold people captive.

His hands were tied tightly behind and he was bound to the chair. Sungmin struggled to break free, shaking the chair violently and throwing his body front and back.

Suddenly, the lights were switched on, blinding his eyes. Sungmin’s eyes shut instinctively.

 

“Oh, wakey wakey~”

Sungmin opened his eyes, adjusting to the brightness. In front of him was Chopper, a smile playing on his face.

Diagonally towards his right, Asphalt and Joker sat on the chairs. Typical, Jasper and Lost, the other three Lazvols under Joker, as well as Queen (Typical’s Lezolt), were standing behind them. On the left, Kil, Y and Hunter knelt on the ground, their arms stretched out straight in front of them, carrying a metal tray each. There was a lighted candle and a bowl of water that was almost filled to the brim on each tray. Sungmin could clearly see the cuts and bruises on their faces. Further back, all his Ephines, Poser, Rin, Jess, Basker, Ice, Zaf, Loy, Vither, Tempt, Muns, knelt in two rows. Ginger and Jet were on each side, a cane in their hands. As his eyes met Ginger’s, she threw him an apologetic look.

Sungmin knew it was not just a normal capture; it was a disciplinary session for members that committed serious offences. He had been at a few of them, as Asphalt made a rule for disciplinary sessions to be carried out by the brother division, so as to avoid leniency. There was only once he was asked to lead the session; Jet, the less lenient one out of them three, was always the lead enforcer for Joker’s underlings. That session was different because both Asphalt and him believed in the innocence of the member. That session, he saved Ryeowook’s life.

During a disciplinary session, the number of Lazvols and Lezolts present determined the ranking of the member. All the Lazvols were present this time, something Sungmin had never seen before. Because there was never a Lazvol who had to go through a disciplinary session, until he was bound to that chair. He was the target for discipline this time.

Sungmin bit on the inner side of his lip as he made another observation. There were no other Lezolts except for Queen and his own underlings. They wanted to keep this a secret.

 

“I’m sure you know this is a disciplinary session.” Chopper ran his cold fingers down Sungmin’s face and Sungmin turned away.

“Dauntless, Dauntless. Never did I expect myself to be standing here as the lead enforcer and you, sitting in that chair.” Chopper laughed.

 

Sungmin never liked Chopper. He was an unreasonable guy and always resorted to violence. The enmity between them made it clear to Sungmin that he wouldn’t be able to get over this easily.

 

“So… You want to tell us what you did wrong?”

 

Sungmin held his breath. He knew he couldn’t answer the question. He had no idea what his offence was and he was not going to let them catch him in something unrelated to the reason he was sitting there.

Has my identity been blown?
No, I wouldn’t be sitting here if they really found out.

 

“Why don’t you tell me what I did wrongly, Lead Enforcer?” Sungmin smirked.

A punch landed on his left face. Sungmin gritted his teeth and glared at Chopper.

“You know, you really need to learn to control your mouth.” Chopper clicked his tongue thrice.

“I’m sure I do it well enough. You want to try one of my kisses?”

A kick landed on the right side of his face. It was much harder this time. Blood trickled down from the cuts caused by the studs on Chopper’s shoe. Instead of the pain, Sungmin’s focus was on the taste of iron in his mouth. He gathered the mixture of blood and saliva and spat on the ground. He hated the taste of blood.

 

“Hmm… Since you refuse to speak, let’s ask your lovely underlings instead.” Chopper said and headed towards them.

Sungmin swallowed. He was wondering initially why they brought in all of his underlings if he was the target for discipline. Now, he understood.

There was a reason why many TriSatan members wanted to work under him, other than the fact that he was Asphalt’s most trusted Lazvol. Outside TriSatan, Dauntless was cold, sharp and deadly. Internally, despite his cold appearance, Dauntless was known to stand up for his own underlings. He treated them as brothers, not his lowly underlings. Yes, he did have his fair share of punishing them, but he was reasonable and they were punished only if they did something wrong. And the punishments weren’t injurious.

 

They wanted to threaten him with his own underlings.

 

“Let’s start from the right…” Chopper said as he lifted the lighted candle and swirled it. There was a pool of wet wax in the container.

“What do you know, Hunter?” Chopper held the candle above Hunter’s stretched arm and tilted it, dripping a trail of wax along his arm.

Hunter didn’t even flinch, keeping all expressions out of his face. He had always been the best fighter among Sungmin’s three Lezolts, the one with the best tolerance for pain.

“Nothing, Chopper-nim.” Hunter replied coldly.

“Boring.” Chopper placed the candle back on the tray and moved to Y.

 

Giving the same treatment, Chopper asked the question to Y this time.

“How about you, Y?”

Y winced at the pain but held it in, gripping onto the metal tray tightly.

“Nothing, Chopper-nim.” Y said through his gritted teeth.

 

Sungmin’s heart thumped as Chopper moved on to Ryeowook.

 

“Ah, we took too long. Looks like all the wax have dried.” Chopper said as he held up the candle.

“Lost, the lighter.”

Ryeowook’s eyes widened.

Chopper caught the lighter from Lost and started to burn the sides of the candle, heating the wax.

“Kil Kil Kil, my cutie boy.” Chopper sang as he kept the lighter lit. “Do you want to tell me then?”

 

Sungmin cussed under his breath. The wax wasn’t dried. Chopper deliberately heated it so that it would be much more painful, even so for the weaker Ryeowook, whom they knew Sungmin always protected. Additionally, Chopper had always disliked Ryeowook, who once worked under him, before Ryeowook was accused of sleeping with Chopper’s girlfriend. Although Sungmin cleared Ryeowook’s name and caught the real culprit for him at the disciplinary session, Chopper was unhappy that Sungmin snatched the brat away from him, taking Ryeowook into his own wing.

 

“I—I don’t know anything, Chopper-nim.” Ryeowook replied with his eyes concentrated on the bowl of water before him. Sungmin knew Ryeowook could put up a strong front in of others, but not Chopper. The Lezolt was always uneasy and afraid of his ex-superior, definitely beyond terrified now that he was vulnerable kneeling in front of that guy.

A whimper escaped Ryeowook and he winced in pain as Chopper dripped the fresh wax onto his arm. Chopper kept the lighter lit throughout, giving no time for the wax to cool. Ryeowook’s arms trembled as he fought back the tears.

“Kil, the water. Hold it in.” Y whispered.

Ryeowook bit hard on his lips. If he spilled a drop of water, there will be something worse waiting for him.

 

Sungmin pulled against the rope on his hands again. He had to do something before Ryeowook spilled the bowl of water.

“Stop.” Sungmin said loudly.

Chopper looked away from the trails of wax on both Ryeowook’s arms and placed the candle back on the tray. Ryeowook let out the breath he was holding in.

 

“Oh? Does your heart ache?” Chopper teased as he walked towards Sungmin.

“They have nothing to do with this. If an underling did something wrongly, a superior is at fault. If a superior did something wrongly, the superior is still at fault. They couldn’t defy my orders.”

“Wow wow wow, what a brotherly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter