Decision

The Dauntless Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy birthday to Kyuhyun!!! ^^ 

 

 

 

“Back exit secured,” Kyuhyun relayed, as the uniformed officer across nodded at him.

“Good. Get ready. Entering in three seconds.” Siwon’s voice buzzed into his earpiece.

 

Mentally counting down the three seconds, Kyuhyun drew a deep breath as a commotion broke out on time from inside the pub.

 

Time to get to work.

 

He signaled to the team of uniformed police he was leading, telling them to focus and watch out for anyone who tried to escape by the back exit.

 

 

It took thirty seconds before a figure appeared at the door and Kyuhyun’s eyes widened at the familiar face.

 

Isn’t that Sungmin’s underling? Does that mean that he’s here?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~---~

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It looks clear, but I doubt so.” Y pulled his head back.

Sungmin pushed himself against the door, carefully looking out. Catching a small piece of the dark blue police uniform peeking out from one of the corners, he turned back to his underlings. “You’re right, they’re there.”

Hunter put Kibum down carefully. “I’ll go check out how many people there are. We should be able to fight through if there’s only a few.”

Sungmin paused for a second, then nodding his head to give permission. He believed Siwon had arranged to sweep a few branches at one time, like what he had advised, which meant that the manpower among the police would be stretched. It would be a good plan for Hunter to check out the situation and take out a few of them, before they exposed themselves.

 

Sungmin watched Hunter as Ryeowook supported Kibum onto Y’s back, then throwing an order at Kibum to just cooperate if he doesn’t want to cause further trouble when the underling insisted he could walk.

Hearing a voice, Sungmin turned his attention back to Hunter, who was expectedly stopped by two officers. It didn’t take long before a fistfight broke out between them as Hunter knocked one of the officers unconscious. A few others appeared from their respective hiding places and Sungmin made a quick count of the number they had to deal with.

 

Five, excluding the one on the ground.  

 

Spotting an opening, Sungmin waved his underlings to follow him quickly. “Get to the car!”

“Hyung! I’ll stay with you!” Ryeowook answered, sending a kick to an officer that came their way.

“No, go with them.”

“Hyung, you’re still injured—”

“Protect them, Wook.” Sungmin spun Ryeowook away from the pathway of an officer’s punch. “I’m counting on you.”

Ryeowook looked at Sungmin hesitantly, before nodding and running after Y and Kibum.

 

 

Trying his best to ignore the nagging pain in his left thigh, Sungmin swung his good leg towards another officer, preventing him from getting to Hunter. He deftly trapped the officer’s hands behind his back, sending a strike to the officer’s neck to knock him unconscious.

He groaned when another officer managed to land a leg on his injured thigh, causing his left knee to buckle. Sungmin fell to the ground on one knee, but he gave the officer no time to land a strike on him again. He swept the officer’s feet, tripping the guy before deliberately sending a kick at the guy’s crotch. Smirking at the deranged cry from the officer, Sungmin knocked the officer unconscious, sending another extra few punches to vent his irritation.

Sungmin bit on his lip as he tried to drag his left leg up. Distracted by the pain, he failed to notice until he was caught by his wrist with a gun barrel pressed into the side of his forehead.

 

“Hyung!” Hunter shouted, hesitating on the strike he was about to send to the last conscious officer.

“Drop the guy or I will shoot.” Kyuhyun’s voice sounded behind him.

 

Sending a wink to Hunter, Sungmin smiled when Hunter ignored Kyuhyun’s threat, knocking the officer unconscious.

 

Just one last person to deal with. Though it’s a really troublesome one.

 

 

“Officer Cho, isn’t it against the rules to point a gun at a defenceless person?”

“How are you defenceless, Sungmin? You just bloody knocked out two officers in a minute!” Kyuhyun’s breath hit against the back of his ear.

“I have no weapon,” Sungmin raised his free hand up in a surrendering gesture. “Kyu.”

 

Sensing Kyuhyun’s hand wavering at his old nickname, Sungmin grabbed the gun barrel, knocking Kyuhyun’s arm with his elbow. Spinning around, Sungmin held the gun with both hands, pointing it directly at Kyuhyun’s head.

 

“Oh, now I have one,” Sungmin let out a light chuckle as Kyuhyun scowled at him while rubbing his arm.

 

“Hyung, are you okay?” Hunter strode over and Sungmin handed him the gun, which remained pointing at Kyuhyun. With an arm’s support from Hunter, Sungmin pulled himself up from the ground, cursing at the pain that shot through his left leg.

 

“, that guy kicked me real hard.”

 

“I’ll get Y to check your wound when we get back.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

~---~

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I have no weapon,” Kyuhyun heard Sungmin mutter and his heart skipped a beat at the following word that escaped Sungmin’s mouth. “Kyu.”

 

 

 

“Kyu, how I wish we can watch the stars forever, but they always dim when the sun comes out.”

“But they shine again when the sun goes down. We can come here to watch them whenever you like, Min.”

“Really, Kyu?”

“Anything for you.”

Sungmin rolled onto his front, pecking Kyuhyun on the lips. “Thankyuuuu~”

 

 

 

A sudden pain shot through Kyuhyun’s arm, causing him to let go of his gun. He quickly reached out for it, but Sungmin was faster, turning the gun at him.

 

“Oh, now I have one,” Sungmin said in amusement, cocking his head to the side.

 

Kyuhyun couldn’t help the scowl forming at his face as Sungmin chuckled merrily. However, the scowl quickly fell when Kyuhyun felt a sense of déjà vu.

 

 

 

“Try me, Min.”

“What! Are you underestimating me? I swear I can snatch your gun!”

“Show me, baby.”

 

Kyuhyun yelped in surprise as Sungmin launched at him, pushing him down onto the mat as they grappled for the gun. Finding an opportunity, Kyuhyun wrapped his leg around Sungmin’s, grasping his wrist with the free hand. Summoning strength, Kyuhyun pulled his boyfriend upright on his knees, pressing the gun to the side of his forehead.

 

“Bang bang, Min.”

“Kyu… Take me.”

 

Stunned by Sungmin’s words, Kyuhyun groaned when Sungmin striked at his arm with an elbow, stealing the gun and rolling to his feet a metre away.

 

“Yah! You cheated!” Kyuhyun pulled a scowl onto his face.

Sungmin chuckled merrily, cocking his head to the side. “I win~~”

“Sure,” Kyuhyun said, approaching his boyfriend with a suggestive smile. “Of course you win. Take me?”

 

Sungmin’s eyes widened as Kyuhyun approached while stretching.

 

“I’ll give you what you want, Minniebaby.”

 

Sungmin let out a yelp, running away from his boyfriend in circles as the usual merry laughter that Kyuhyun had grown to love filled the training room.

 

 

 

“. That guy kicked me real hard.” Sungmin’s voice pulled him back to reality.

“I’ll get Y to check your wound when we get back.” Sungmin’s underling said in a concerned voice.

 

A crease formed between Kyuhyun’s eyebrows. Wound? Does that mean Sungmin was really injured by his own gang?

 

“What wound?” Kyuhyun asked and the two pairs of eyes landed on him.

“None of your business, Officer.” Sungmin spat, but Kyuhyun can spot the traces of discomfort on Sungmin’s face.

“Are you alright—”

 

“Shhh.” Sungmin shushed him suddenly, pulling him into another corner and forcing a hand over his mouth.

 

Kyuhyun’s struggles died down when he heard the running footsteps of multiple pairs of feet, before spotting Joker escape with a group of underlings. One of the underlings released a gunshot in the direction of the back door, which was countered by another shot, before the earpiece in Kyuhyun’s ear buzzed to life. “Kyuhyun, target coming your way!”

Kyuhyun’s eyes flickered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter