Dauntless

The Dauntless Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Dauntless hyung, we are here.” Y said, pulling Sungmin out of his memories.

“Let’s go.” Sungmin pushed open the door, getting out of his car. He strode towards the gambling house, his underlings following behind.

 

There were ten of them, other than Sungmin. His three Lezolts, Y, Kil, Hunter and the others were Ephines: Rin, Jess, Basker, Ice, Zaf, Loy, Vither. Sungmin hardly brought these many men around, but it was a special situation today. They were stepping into the turfs of another faction.

 

“Wook, did you bring the photos?” Sungmin asked as they neared the gambling house.

“Yes, do you want them now, hyung?” Ryeowook held out the brown envelope.

“Hold on to them for me.”

“Yes.”

Sungmin walked briskly ahead, not bothering to check whether the rest were following.

 

“Wook wookie wook wook!~” Y teased as the two of them lagged behind the group.

Ryeowook pushed Y on his shoulder. “Shut up, only hyung can call me that. It’s Kil for you!”

 

“Kil, what the are you doing with Y there?” Hunter yelled.

“Sorry, coming!” Ryeowook sprinted towards the gang surrounding Sungmin, who was glaring at them.

 

 

The gang followed quietly behind Sungmin, afraid of incurring his wrath. They had an important task to settle and Sungmin did not appear to be in the best of his mood.

Sungmin stopped outside the guarded door.

 

“Who the hell are you?” One of the guarding boys asked rudely, eyeing the group brought by Sungmin.

The other guy pushed the rude one aside.
“New customer? Do you have a recommendation from someone? We only allow affiliated customers.”

 

“I’m here to see Cabal.” Sungmin stated plainly.

 

The slightly more polite guy scowled at Sungmin defiantly. Nobody in the area dared to address his Lazvol boss so casually.

“Are you all here for trouble?”

 

Sungmin rolled his eyes behind his shades.

This is taking longer than I thought.

 

“Where the hell are you all from?” The rude guy pointed his finger at Sungmin insolently.

Hunter raised his arm. “Shut–”

“Hunter.” Sungmin hissed, immediately shutting his underling up.

 

“We are not here to create trouble.” Sungmin took his shades off, sending a glare in the direction of the rude guy. “We are from the Revenge faction. There are things I need to settle with Cabal.”

Upon hearing the name of the ruling faction, the rude guy dropped his arm instantly. Panic swept across the polite guy’s face.

“Sorry for being rude. May I know whose name to report?” The polite guy asked stiffly.

 

Y let out a snort. “You don’t recognize our hyungnim?”

“I’m sorry, I-I-” The polite guy stammered.

“He’s just a guard, Y. What are you expecting?” Ryeowook let out a mocking laugh.

Sungmin sent a glare to his underlings. The situation was really grinding off his patience.

 

He lightly waved his finger towards himself, asking the polite guy to come nearer.

Sungmin crossed his arms across his chest and leaned forward towards the guy, who cowered in fear. He pretended to study the face until the guy finally looked up into his eyes. With a smirk hanging off his face, he announced his name.

 

“Daunt. Less.”

 

The polite guy took a step backwards as apprehension struck him.

“Please forgive us, Dauntless-nim. I’ll inform Cabal hyungnim right away.”

The polite guy quickly pulled the rude guy, who was staring blankly at Sungmin, into the house.

 

 

“I swore if he said hell one more time, I would have sent him to hell. ing bastard.” Hunter cussed, loud enough for the two escaping guards to hear.

Usually, Sungmin would play along, or at least laugh with the rest. But he was way too frustrated today after Yunho’s incident haunted him in his dream last night. It had been some time since he had dreamt of Yunho again, although he had never forgotten the incident. And this task before him was something he couldn’t afford to fail. Technically, none of the tasks were. It was part of working in the biggest gang.

Sungmin made a ‘tsk’ sound with his tongue when his underlings continued chattering. Silence ensued immediately.

 

 

A new guy with green hair pushed aside the door curtain, stepping out of the house. The two guards followed behind.

The green-haired guy bowed politely to them.
“Dauntless-nim, Cabal-nim is waiting for you. If you would just let me lead the way.”

“Thank you, Emerald-ssi.” Sungmin nodded in response.

The green-haired guy raised his eyebrows in surprise.
“I’m sure we haven’t met, Dauntless-nim. How did you know my name?”

“Cabal’s right-hand Lezolt. Your hair.” Sungmin pulled his mouth into a lop-sided smile. As foul as his mood may be, he still needed to put on his usual

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter