2 Message to Mommy

Milk Chocolate and Dark Kisses

Message to Mommy

 



The lounge room where the group would casually make noise and relax was now filled with a tense aura and anger was at the pit of each their chests. The meeting had gone as planned but the chinese company wouldn’t agree to work with the company if they couldn’t take some workers or vice versa. The bigger issue though was that they demanded a fourth of EXOtic’s profits from every sale and that was just ridiculous. Another meeting was scheduled because of their new demands and it was an official one where the CEO himself would be present along with the top figures in their company. Not only did they request such a thing, they even made it one of their goals to remove the famous Mr. Oh Sehun to their soon-to be branch office. At that, Sehun immediately declined and it cause even more arguments throughout the meeting. Oh Sehun was the breadwinning designer in their company and to give away such an important figure as him would be ridiculous. Kyungsoo looked over at Sehun. His head rested on the top of the table next to his phone. His eyes trailed to the others, their looks emphasized the same feelings. Even Tao and his usual girly pre-teen behavior was being obedient and he too was worried.

   

“Sehun...I’m sure they won’t lose you. This company can’t give you away. It might be me they end up settling for or not at-”

 

   “I won’t let them take you either,” said Jongin as if it were a fact.

   

Kyungsoo felt a tinge of heat dance across his cheeks before shaking the weird feeling away. “As I was saying, you don’t need to worry. CEO Kim is a great friend of ours and he knows your situation. He knows not to do something as stupid as to let you go. The blonde only nodded, head still resting on  the table.

   

“Don’t worry Maknae. They won’t force you and Min Jung apart. If they do, I’ll stake my job to stop it,” said Baekhyun. Chanyeol surprised, immediately agreed and even Tao who hated any businesses other than this one also agreed, even throwing in about using his wushu to beat them up. Words not meant for the press to hear.

   

“You should be going to pick her up soon. You promised a date with Minmin right?” said the owl-eyed man.

 

    He nodded, slightly slouching as he walked out.

 

    “See you guys…”

 

    They replied in a chorused hum before Sehun closed the door. He made his way towards the elevator and noticed that same girl from that morning holding two large binders. It didn’t look heavy but she walked and held them as if they were and Sehun knew he’d regret not helping if she tripped over her own feet. He entered the elevator behind her and looked once at her.

  

  “I’d help you but I’m not exactly sure if you want it,” he said hesitantly. She smiled and without a word, put one binder on top of his hands before looking ahead again, pink tinting her cheeks.

   

“I’ll owe you next time,” she said, secretly hoping he would take her up on that. That meant more chances to see him. Oh Sehun however was extremely observant of this kind of behavior. He immediately mentally face-palmed himself for giving his number to her that morning and to make it worse, he didn’t even remember what her name was. Though he did feel bad.

   

“It’s fine. I’m helping out of courtesy,” he said plainly. She was a bit disappointed but still had his number. No one would give you their number unless they were interested in you as well right? Once the door opened, he followed her to the printing room and put the binder down. Checking his watch, if he wasn’t in his car in the next five minutes traffic would build up immediately and he would be late to pick up Min Jung from school.

   

“I’m sorry I have somewhere important to go to. Excuse me,” he said while turning to leave without waiting for a reply. She stared at his back hurriedly running off and pressed her bottom lip in, eating his slender form with her eyes.


 


 

“Hunnie!” Min Jung ran into the open arms of Sehun and was immediately pulled into a hug and twirled up. Her giggles filled the man’s ears with a pleasant ringing and he felt his somewhat heavy heart becoming lighter. A genuine smile curled his lips upwards and he cooed at her cuteness. He noticed the knee scrape and laughed at the tomboyish character that she had.

   

“Ready to go?”

   

“Yes Sir!” she saluted. He had to resist the urge to squeeze her into another hug from her cuteness and he thanked the teachers around before making their way back to the car, her little hands in the palm of his large ones.

   

“Hun hun?” He replied with a soft hum.

   

"Today in class, the teacher said that our parents gave birth to us...was I in your stomach?" Taken aback, he only shook his head half cringing at the thought.

 

"Your mommy gave birth to you."

 

"Where is my mommy?"

 

"I'll find her one day..."

 

“Well I want her to be nice and she has to love Hun Hun a lot forever and ever!” she said while spreading her arms out widely to her sides. Sehun laughed once again and kissed her forehead before looking straight into her sparkly chocolate eyes.

 

“Will Min Jung be jealous if Hun Hun ends up liking someone other than Min Jung?” he asked, cutely pouting to her. She smiled and cooed as if she were his mom of some sort. Her small hands found way to squish at his pouting cheeks and stretched them apart, showing his teeth and gums.

 

“Min Jung won’t be jealous. Min Jung will love whoever loves Hun Hun.”

 

“Aigoo this girl!” Sehun hugged her once again before they started back to the car and he opened the door for her, helping her inside. She did a thumbs up, indicating she was okay from there and he closed the door. Walking around to the driver’s side, he stopped when an absolutely gorgeous person - he was unable to decipher whether it was a female or male- hurriedly made their way to him.

 

“Excuse me sir, um I’m sort of lost and could you tell me how to get here?” he asked pointing to an address on a piece of paper. Sehun felt his jaw almost drop from the sweet lovely voice coming from the person he now determined male and blinked his eyes in surprise at his weird behavior.

 

“U-um it’s just about two blocks from here. Just continue walking down that way and you’ll eventually reach an intersection. You’ll see the building by then,”  he said, still mesmerized.

 

“Thank you so much! I’m from China and it’s hard to find my way around here. Thank you so much sir! Have a nice day!” he said before sprinting off, murmuring about his tardiness. Sehun only stood there, car door still open, gawking at the male that ran off and his sparkly eyes still freshly inputted in his head. At this point, he had to admit, if he were ever gay, it would be for that guy. Though he did sound like a creep so all those thoughts vanished within seconds. At least the guy wasn’t ogling at him. He hated people making such a big deal out of him. Breaking out of his thoughts, he got in the car starting the engine. Min Jung giggled from the backseat and Sehun playfully interrogated her.

 

“What’re you laughing at?” he asked, cocking an eyebrow up.

 

“Hunnie was acting weird when talking to the beautiful mister,” she said hiding her bashful face behind her two hands.

 

“Hun Hun was just surprised and didn’t know if the beautiful mister was a mister or a miss,” he said throwing her an innocent look. She giggled again.

 

“Aigoo Hun Hun is growing up well!”

 

He laughed and ruffled her hair before they started moving out of the parking lot. Their destination was the amusement park and then to the movie theatre to watch How to Train a Dragon 2, they’re favorite movie of all times. During the duration of the car ride to the amusement park Min Jung would ramble on about her day at school and how she made a new best friend but he was a boy. Sehun laughed. That little boy is going to have to go through me first before he get’s her hand in marriage, he thought to himself. She suddenly fell silent and quickly looking through the mirror, he saw her head nodding off with sleep hazed over her eyes. It took about half an hour before a large ferris wheel came into view and another roller coaster appeared above the horizon. He laughed noticing how she had fallen asleep. He parked the car and straightened his short sleeved button up before throwing a pair of shades on. He got out the car and walked to the door passenger side where Min Jung sat. He lightly shook her.

 

“Min Jung-ah, we’re here. Don’t you want to go ride the ferris wheel and eat junk food?” She stirred in her sleep and her eyebrows knit into a frown following with her lips.

 

“Don’t leave me…” Sehun’s heart felt like it was inhumanely ripped out by some outer force and ripped to bloody shreds the moment he heard it. His hands enveloped over her tiny hand and the other went to pat her head in soothing motions

 

“It’s okay baby...Daddy’s here. Hun Hun is here.” She stirred in her sleep and once her eyes began to open, the episode of sleep talking nightmares were over. Upon seeing her dad looking so sad, she instantly became worried.

 

“Hun Hun, why are you so sad?” He immediately lost the frown he didn’t know was on his face before smiling once again.

 

“I was sad because Min Jung wouldn’t get up and kept sleeping even though we made it to the amusement park.”

 

She gasped and her eyes immediately trailed to the background. The colorful pastel rides brought sparkles and energy into her eyes and she squealed in excitement. Chuckling, Sehun undid her seat belt before lifting her tiny body out of the car. He locked his car behind him and had to plead Min Jung to let him put his keys in her backpack. She allowed it only if he bought her all the ice cream she could eat. He had to obey for the woman made the laws. He laughed at the thought before buying their tickets.

   

“Hun Hun let’s ride the ferris wheel first!” She held onto his hand while dragging him towards it. Unfortunately, the moment they got in close proximity with the ride, the long line that s around corners was disappointing. sehun noticed Min Jung’s sad look and before he could cheer her up, someone tapped his arm.

  

  “Ah, Mr. Oh! What’re you doing here?" He turned and saw the woman he had met earlier in the elevator.

   

“Uh...yeah. I’m here…”

   

She smiled at him charmingly and her eyes glanced down to Min Jung who had her hands wrapped tightly around Sehun’s left hand. She shrunk back at the data analyzing eyes.

   

“Mr. Oh is she your niece?”

   

He opened his mouth to say no but Min Jung pulled him back.

   

“He’s my brother.”

   

Somehow, Sehun could sense relief in the laugh that lord-knows her name let out.

   

“Aw, how cute!”

  

  Sehun wasn’t much of a smart person when it came to being able to tell what kind of relationship women had but this one, he felt wasn’t going to happen good.

   

“Do you want to have fun a together a bit? I was ditched by my friends cause lord knows where they went to satisfy their thirst,” she said winking to Sehun. He didn’t know whether he should be nice again and let her join the two r if he should just grow a pair and reject her. But Min Jung to the rescue...right?

   

“Sorry, Miss Lady but today is Oppa and I only. We are on a date so he’s sorry but he’ll have to reject you.” She pulled his hand towards a different direction and Sehun apologized before allowing his saviour to drag him off.

   

“Aish that little brat…”

   


 

   

Min Jung finally allowed Sehun to walk beside her and he looked at her weird expression.

 

    “Min Jung...what’s wrong?”

 

    “Hun, who is she?”

 

    He explained how he met her at work only twice that very same day and Min Jung shook her head.

 

    “Hun Hun...babo. Min Min has a bad feeling about her,” she said pouting.    

 

    He chuckled. “Oh, and why does Min Jung feel that way?” he asked tilting his head to the side.

 

    “It’s women’s intuition!” Sehun burst in a fit of laughter at that because for one, he didn’t know who told her about that. Probably Baekhyun and two, she was so little and cute saying it.

 

“Hun stop laughing! Buy me ice cream!”

 

He wiped the tears at the corner of his eyes, still affected by the words. “Don’t worry Min Jung, Hun Hun will take your warnings to heart.”

She nodded and once again, their hands clasped together, heading to the ice cream stall not too far from where they were. Once they reached there, the man working at the window welcomed them and they both ordered the same thing; a large chocolate ice cream cone. Walking hand in hand, the two walked around looking at the various rides none of which they even rode. Min Jung stopped walking, her coine almost gone. Her eyes were glued onto something hanging up high. Sehun followed her gaze and saw the man plushies hanging from the top of a game booth.

 

“Do you want one?” he asked pulling her towards. She nodded, eyes still looking at one of the plushies as they reached the counter.

 

“Hello there! Would you like to try the ring toss?”

 

Sehun nodded and took out his wallet from his backpocket, paying however much he needed to. In his childhood, he was one of those infamous naughty kids alongside Chanyeol, Jongin and Baekhyun. Kyungsoo was only ever the one to end up scolding them for getting in trouble and Tao didn’t meet them until high school. They would always play the ring toss, talking about how they needed to practice early because one day if they had a girlfriend and brought her to the amusement park, they would win all the games. Unlike Jongin’s older brother, already in high school at the time whose boyfriend, Kris never won any of the games causing the latter to complain. Laughing at the sweet memory, he took the five rings and looked carefully at the bottles a couple meters from him. Without much further wait, he threw them and he heard the the tiny hands beside him clap in fear. The first one made it perfectly on the farthest bottle and the rest followed in a smooth progression.

 

“Wow! You got them all in! You can choose any prize you’d like,” said the vendor. Sehun smiled proudly at Min Jung before she quickly pointed to the stuffed animal she had wanted so dearly. It was a cute deer.

 

“I want the deer please! The deer with the sparkly eyes!”

 

She was practically jumping in excitement as the man took it down. He gently handed it to her and she smiled.

 

“Thank you sir! Have a nice day!”

 

She grabbed Sehun’s hand and dragged him away.

 

“No thanks for me?” he asked faking hurt.

 

“Thank you very much Daddy!”

 

Sehun beamed at the word she had called him. It rung through his whole body, feeling it’s presence most strong in his heart.

 

“Daddy…” he repeated quietly to himself. He looked up and saw that they were back at the ferris wheel. The line however was no longer snaking around corners and he smiled down at Min Jung who returned it.

 

“Let’s go!”

 

They ran ahead, barely making it to the last seats on the ferris wheel. They waited until they were seated upon the hard seats, excitedly waiting for it to go up.

 

“Be careful and don’t rock the seats around. make sure to keep all hands or heads inside the ride at all times,” said the man. He closed the door hard and there was a momentary silence before the whole machine made a beeping noise. The wheel began to turn and the two excitedly looked out each window and at the glowing lights of the city. He took out his phone from his pocket and beckoned for Min Jung to come next to him.

 

“Let’s take a selfie!”

 

She giggled holding her new deer into the picture as well and they both did their ‘v’ signs making silly faces with the beautiful view in the background.

 

“Hun, when you meet mommy, let’s bring her here with us. We have to share with her the beauty of this place." He laughed at that and hugged her.

 

“We’re going to be at the top soon. Do you want another picture?” She nodded and the moment they reached the top, they took more pictures together. Once the ride began to go down, they settled and Min Jung sat in her seat across from Sehun. He took a picture of her staring out charismatically into the horizon with her deer in her hands. The beautiful golden glow of the sun shone on her, making it a beautiful shot. New screen saver…

 

After he made the picture his new screensaver, he the camera again, this time recording.

 

“Min Jung-ah, say something to your future mom who is still in the future!” She turned and looked.

 

“Um...Since Mommy is still not with us yet, please be safe wherever you are and to make sure you eat all your meals. Daddy gets mad when meals are skipped. Oh and…and and I hope you come soon. Daddy get’s lonely sometimes and Uncle Baekkie says that adults have needs and if they aren’t ful-”

 

“Ahhh! Blah blah! Don’t worry about that,” he said interrupting her quickly. She only raised her eyebrows in confusion and continued.

 

“Also I hope you know how to tie ponytails better than Daddy because he always does them lopsided and my teachers always tell me to scold Daddy. I hope I meet you soon and that you love my Daddy forever and ever!” She once again reached out her hands in widely. Sehun felt forever touched by the message and as the ride came to a stop, they were able to get off first. He held her hand as they walked around for a while before drowsiness once again latched on Min Jung.

 

“Daddy...can we go home instead? I want dinner…”

 

“Of course my precious Princess…”

 

Daddy

 

 

 

 

 




♔ A  u  t  h  o  r  '  s    N  o  t  e ♔


Please comment your reviews (if you have any) XD I hope you enjoyed XD