3 Two Kisses

Milk Chocolate and Dark Kisses

Two Kisses



"Please take care of her."

 

Sehun stared at the small woman in front of him. Her brown locks draping past her shoulder to the middle of her back and her plump lips forming into a smile.

 

" Why should I take care of her? She's your kid and I have nothing to do with you anymore! Leave!" She flinched at the sudden outburst and spoke again scared of his next reaction.

 

"She was a mistake back then! If I didn't drink too much that night you and I would still—"

 

"Stop. That was almost six years ago. Just leave," he said coldly, glancing at the little girl standing behind her mother. Her mothers face then contorted into a sinister smile.

 

"If you don't want her, then ill just get rid of her somewhere!"




 

Oh Sehun shot up in his bed immediately getting up and making his way to one room. He wanted to make sure that someone was sleeping peacefully in there. Reaching the door, he quietly and carefully opened it, praying to any god out there that there was someone on the mattress. Upon seeing the tiny form sprawled out on the mattress and her leg hanging off the bed while her arms curled around her new friend, a deer stuffed animal he heaved a sigh of relief. Tip-toeing over, he carefully putting her petite legs back on the bed and fixed her position. He pecked a kiss on her forehead, his favorite spot to kiss before straightening his back. Pale slender fingers found way to his brown locks before turning to make his way back to his room. He felt weak and pathetic that almost every night, he would wake up from nightmares concerning Min Jung. It would take him an hour or so to be able to calm himself and go back to sleep. Since the day Min Jung arrived, that had been him every night causing his now infamous tardy at work everyday. He grabbed his phone from the nightstand and immediately, just as he had been doing for the past three months he called his father who was currently residing in America with his mother.

 

“Abeoji?””

 

“Yah Oh Sehun, isn’t it the middle of the night there?”

 

“Appa...they keep coming back,” he said, trying not to sound like a little boy. Though it was futile to try to fight against one's nature.

 

“Aigoo...tell me about your dream again,” said his father through the line.

 

“I dreamt to that day when she came to give me Min Jung and it always happen differently. I end up refusing to take her in...and Min Jung ends up somewhere I don’t even know…”

 

There was silence across the line and Mr. Oh’s breathe was the only thing heard. “Sehun-ah...when your mother had you, I used to stay up all night. She’d be so stressed and tired from watching you all day, I’d take care of the night duty. Whenever I get you to fall asleep, I take a rest as well. There was only once where I accidently fell asleep. Do you know what happened?” The smoothness in his voice was the best thing to calm him.

 

“Dad, I’m pretty darn sure I don’t remember,” he said, laughing while sarcastically joking.

 

“Well, when I woke up I heard a loud scream. Your mom didn’t wake up at all. I ran with all my might to check up on you, thinking that maybe I might’ve misplaced you. I questioned myself whether it was the carton of milk or you that I put in the refrigerator. Turns out you were absolutely fine, just awake and crying. I held you all night in my arms, telling you how much I loved you.”

 

Sehun chuckled and the deep harmonious ring of his voice reached to the ears of Mr. Oh. He smiled and Sehun could practically see the old man’s wrinkly face curving against the will of the muscles lining under the skin. “After you fell asleep, you know what I did? I went back to sleep next to your mom. I told myself, aw when I doubt myself, that’s when things start to get scary and I begin losing my mind. Sometimes what us people are scared of most is only something that we create in our minds. What I’m also saying is, when raising a child, it’s never going to be easy. You become so paranoid of their safety that you forget you must take care of yourself as well. When you lose your mind, you might end up raging at the child, you might end up blaming them or hating them. It would be wrong and by then, you become the monster you were so afraid of. It’s best that you take care of your physical and mental health as well.”

 

“Should...should I see a doctor Appa?”

 

“Aish! No pabo! This doesn’t require a doctor. My prescription is the best there is for a single father like you. You’re young and still strong.”

 

“What’re you getting at dad?” asked the younger. His father laughed a bit making Sehun a bit irritated.

 

“Love! Find love! Not the family father-daughter love. Love, romance love! Woman, man, trans, whatever! Love has no boundaries. Find the one who can love you and Min Jung. Find the one who will support you and will be right beside you when you wake up in the middle of the night like how I’m helping you right now. I’m not the best when it comes to love advice, but I know the best way to find the right one is to not look for them at all. They will naturally come to you and by then, your heart will already know.”

Sehun let his father’s words sink in, remembering them almost by heart. He thanked him and before hanging up, his father stopped him. “One more thing Oh Sehun-ssi, even though you are pretty famous, don’t be ashamed of telling people that Min Jung is your daughter. She’s a smart and bright girl and children know and is blunt about what they want and need. So when you wake up from another nightmarish dream, remind yourself that she is still with you.”

 

“Of course Appa! I’m tired now so I’m going to sleep. Good night!” He hung up and put his phone back on the nightstand before laying down on the bed again. Eyes lost in a haze of the past while his lips danced along the beat of a song.

 

Love will naturally come to you and your heart will already know...huh.”





 

Kyungsoo scratched the top of his left eyebrow in irritation. Even though the CEO had flat out denied the whole arrangement with the China group, they were adamant on being part of it somehow. Yet again, Kyungsoo and Sehun would have to make an appearance and that wasn’t the only thing bothering him. Ever since their men arrived, they frequented the building and that caused one of their best models, Huang ZiTao to act like his life was in some sort of danger. No work could be done and the young Chinese model would’ve lost his job had Baekhyun not been the one in charge of him. His ramblings went on and on about how they had sinister auras and that he just couldn’t work with them around. He stood up, leaving the lounge room that was empty. He had pulled an all nighter at the office and was packing up to go home and rest though he wished it could be forever. He entered his office and put his sketchbook full of drawings in his brown leather bag before walking out, locking the office behind him. Once he turned around, He saw Jongin walking by.

 

“Good morning Jongin.” The said boy turned and upon seeing the extremely tired looking male, he gasped and ran over to him.

 

“Kyungsoo you didn’t go home hyung?! What if you collapse?! You’re dark circles are going to look worse than Tao’s!”

 

“I was just about to leave but seeing as you’re stalling time, you really don’t want me to rest do you?” he said sarcastically, not even losing the witty attitude he had.

 

“Are you okay driving home? What if you just knock out while driving?!” he asked, frantically holding onto the narrow shoulder of the older.

 

“I’ll be fine! I’m tired and I feel oily and gross! I just want to go home okay? I have a meeting at noon and I want to enjoy the free eight hours under my own control.” He complied and followed Kyungsoo into the elevator where another girl was standing in.

 

“Ah! Kyungsoo-ssi and Jongin-ssi, are you two just going home?” she asked. Kyungsoo tried digging through the vast amount of information kept in his head for a name to address the girl. He only remembered Sehun’s boring face though.

 

“Ah, I am but Jongin just arrived. He’s having fun bothering me. By the way, my deepest apologies but I forgot your name. I only remember you were the one who Sehun gave his number to…” When Jongin heard that, his eyes immediately grew twice the size before staring back and forth between the two. His lips were mouthing words but no sound came out. She smiled upon his reaction and only shook her head, confirming the fact as if suddenly just remembering she possessed such a thing herself. “No worries sir. My name is Su Hyun. I’m part of the editing team assigned under Mr. Park Chanyeol.”

 

“Ah, under that block head? He’s a hopeless fool in love,” said Jongin scrunching his nose at the thought of how long Chanyeol had taken just to approach Baekhyun the first time in an intimate way. He earned a punch to the back from Kyungsoo who in turn faced the doors nearing his stop on the lobby. It was common courtesy for the high figures to get their destination first. It didn’t matter if your stop was closest.

 

“I’m going to be blunt with you...don’t be expecting too much from Oh Sehun. The thing about him is that he doesn’t initiate something he doesn’t want. So if you find yourself staying up late at night awaiting his call, just quit because if he didn’t call last night, he’ll never call. That’s just how Oh Sehun is like.” Before she could question him, the doors opened and the owl-eyed man walked out wearily. Jongin bid good-bye before running after the smaller male.

 

“Kyunggie! He gave his number to her?! Is he sick? The last time he ever gave a number to a girl was her and that was more than seven years ago…”

Kyungsoo nodded and took a breath from the cool morning air. He stretched and the taller male watched his beautiful heart-shaped lips break into an irresistible smile. “Let’s not mention her because when she is mentioned, I suddenly have the urge to become a killer,” he said, smile not faltering. Jongin branded the smile as a mask or an extremely sarcastic warning. Sleep deprived Kyungsoo plus annoyed Kyungsoo equals an extremely satanic Kyungsoo who was also very sarcastic and y. But despite that, he pulled the smaller into a warm embrace. Kyungsoo felt heat dancing upon his cheeks, suddenly reminded about how the male had exclaimed that he would stop the China company from taking him.

 

“Have a good rest Kyungsoo-ah...and don’t worry about anybody leaving because Mr. CEO Kim knows us too well. He’s my darn brother Junmyeon after all. I’ll get Kris-hyung to convince him not to do anything.”

 

Kyungsoo heaved a heavy sigh before wrapping his arms around the taller’s waist and smiled into his chest. “Thank you…”

 

They let go and as the older turned to get in his car, his heart was pounding like a maniac locked up in a seclusion room trying to escape, something he only paid attention to now after all the months of weird out of control emotions. Jongin watched as Kyungsoo drove away, noticing how pink his ears had become. That only happened if Kyungsoo was either embarrassed or nervous. He laughed to himself before turning around to enter the building again. There, he met Baekhyun, staring at him with intense eyes.

 

“Kim Jongin, why don’t you two just date already? You’re always talking about Chanyeol being a wimp but you!”

 

“What’re you talking about hyung! I’m not gay!”

 

“Gay, gay, Kim Jongin is gay! Kaisoo!”

Jongin brought his hands to cover the blonde’s mouth, avoiding the light chuckles coming from the receptionists.

 

“Kaisoo! Let’s ship them! Don’t you agree that they look so cute together?” asked Baekhyun pointing to another woman. She immediately nodded, remembering the owl-eyed man fixing Jongin’s wild and failed tie two days ago during an elevator trip. Of course, she was hardly able to contain squeals.

 

“Ship is ready to sail…” winked Baekhyun. Jongin gave up trying to silence him so he sighed and smiled, getting on the elevator together. It didn’t seem to be a bad idea at all.

 

“I know he’s the one hyung...he’s the one…”




 

The bells of a church chimed throughout the city alerting it’s people that it was officially noon. Sehun stood up from his uncomfortable office chair and stretched out his stiff arm and back. He had to get ready for the meeting and he secretly hoped Kyungsoo was already back at the office because he didn’t want to be there by himself. The black binoculars sitting atop his desk gleamed and he took it into his own hands. He had a habit of watching people down in the streets which he was adamant that it wasn’t creepy because he claimed it was for scientific data...in his own mind. He turned to look out at the people through the large window and his eyes trailed from one person to another, observing how they interacted with others. His curious eyes landed upon a familiar face. The person who had asked him for directions yesterday looked around in a sort of a panic before trying to stop someone for help who completely brushed him off. Sehun pressed his lips, annoyed at how people kept ignoring him. The man sat down on a bench looking forlorn and sad from the rejection. Didn’t he say he was from China or something?

 

Sehun sighed and jogged out to the elevators leaving his binoculars on top of his chair. Behind him, he heard footsteps and he made sure the doors didn’t close before the person got in. It closed automatically and as he pressed the button for the lobby, someone tapped his shoulder. “Sehun-ssi?” He turned around and was surprised to see that girl whose name he didn’t remember.

 

“Oh hello uh-”

 

“Su Hyun. Do you want to grab some lunch with me?” she asked, taking her shot she had been waiting for.

 

“I’m sorry. I have a meeting in a bit and I have to take care of something...important right now…” he said, awkwardly glancing to the side.

 

Why does this darn elevator take so long?

 

His eyes counted the numbers as they descended, the seconds ticking away. “Well...Sehun-ssi, did you want to meet sometime out of work this week? I know you’re probably busy taking care of your sister but…”

 

“She’s my- I’m sorry. I’ll speak to you later regarding this.” Ding.

 

The brunette man ran out without so much a word and made his way out the sliding doors. His eyes searched for the bench, being careful not to bump into others and once he found the man still sitting there, looking dazed, he ran up ahead. It didn’t occur to the young designer that approaching him would be weird especially if it was because he was watching him from far away. He stopped a couple yards in front of him and walked slowly towards the honey dyed locks.

 

“Excuse me,” said Sehun slightly tilting his head to the side. The male looked up and his dead eyes seemed to sparkle back to life.

 

“Sir! Thank you for helping me yesterday!”

 

“It’s no problem. Are you lost again?” He nodded and Sehun saw how his mouth shaped into a slight pout probably without being aware of how adorable he looked. “I can show you again. Don’t think of it bad but I saw you from my office window and I thought maybe I could help.”

 

“Ah, so you saw how people just gave me the cold shoulder! Are South Koreans usually like this?” asked the man. His tone was half joking and half serious. Sehun chuckled at the remark and only nodded.

 

“Usually around here, people are too busy that they don’t want to waste any of their time,” said Sehun. He paused after that and watched as the male dug through his bag to find something while he pondered on if he should introduce himself. “By the way...I’m Oh Sehun. You are?”

 

The other stood up quickly, embarrassed at his rudeness. “I’m Xiao Luhan it’s nice to meet you Sehun-ssi,” he said grabbing the hand offered to him in a bow.

“It’s okay Luhan. Just call me Sehun no need for formalities.” He nodded and showed the address on the piece of paper. Sehun chuckled realizing where the destination was and Luhan only wondered what was so funny. “Why are you looking for this place?”

 

“My...Father is there right now and I have to be waiting for him in the car by the time he’s done with his meeting…” said Luhan slowly as if he was unsure of what was coming out of his mouth.

 

“Well, your destination is my work building. I’m the lead designer at EXOtic Fashion Co. Your father must be a high figure in his company huh?”

 

“No way! You’re the lead designer?! That’s really awesome!” Sehun had never been the one to feel good about people praising him or putting him on a higher pedestal but for some reason, when Luhan said that, a weird feeling shot through the troubled man. Not thinking too much, he pushed the thought aside. The designer nudged his head towards the building and Luhan followed, putting his arms through his EXOtic bag. One of Sehun and Kyungsoo's collaborative designs from the winter line earlier that year that had people in a frenzy trying to buy it. The walk was short and by the next couple of minutes, they were both in the lobby.

 

“Um...Sehun-ssi, I’m not really sure where I should be right now…”

 

“Just call me Sehun,” he chuckled, “The China members aren’t here yet. You can follow me, I’ll be there at the meeting as well so I’ll bring you to your father before it starts.” Luhan nodded and they both entered the elevator together. It was silent and they reached the sixth floor before it stopped and the doors opened for people waiting to use the elevator. Sehun’s eyes widened at the sight of Su Hyun. Why do I always see her when I use the elevators?

 

“Oh, Hello Sehun-ssi. Were you able to finish your important task?” She smiled and her dazzling eyes looked up into Sehun’s. He had to admit she was very pretty but something about her made him feel uneasy and confused.

 

“Yes I did.”

 

“Well tomorrow our department is planning a surprise birthday party for Park Chanyeol-ssi. We didn’t want to interrupt him on the real day of his birthday because he might want to spend it with his family or close friends. I know you guys hang out a lot so please come alright? It's a friday too so why not let loose for the weekend?”

 

Sehun nodded and the thought of it made him in a way excited. “But where and when?”

 

She quickly spoke as if she didn’t want him to take it back. “It’s going to be in two days in the big empty room down on the first floor downstairs. We’re all planning to meet around noon to set up and we’ll call him up around two,” she said, eyes sparkling with excitement. The designer took out his phone, adding the event to his calendar and wondering if Min Jung could make it as well. Luhan pretended to be more interested in the ceiling to avoid the awkward atmosphere. Out of habit, he brought his right hand up to his left elbow and held it across his abdomen, tapping his arm. He didn’t notice throughout the whole elevator ride that Sehun was shooting looks at him for help in some way. It was ironic though how the two males barely even knew each other. The doors opened once they reached the 22nd floor. The beautiful mister followed closely behind Sehun noticing how he kept on yawning.

 

“Is it alright with you if I grab something from my office quick? I need to grab an important document,” said Sehun. Luhan immediately nodded and his eyes shifted to the back of his head. They wouldn’t pry off and he found it difficult to concentrate on his surroundings. Once the designer entered his said office, Luhan was finally able to breath again. To which he didn’t even notice he was holding in. He heard a few clutters before Sehun was back again, walking next to Luhan this time. Another yawn came out from Sehun and Luhan stopped walking. He took off his bag and dug through it pulling out a small black gift bag. Smiling, he took out two chocolate kisses wrapped in a shiny silver wrapper. He held it out to the man and giggled when he noticed his hands were shaking. He was nervous for no reason.

 

“I saw you were yawning and thought you might want some sugar to wake you up,” said Luhan quickly shying away. Ah, what am I doing?! What if he doesn’t eat sweets?! He doesn’t look like the type who does! Aish why am I so stupid!

 

“Thank you Luhan. I’m indebted to you,” said Sehun taking the two kisses. When his hand brushed against the soft palms of the smaller, he felt a tinge of electricity run through him. the small feeling quickly spread like wildfire through his body and he felt himself staring at the two kisses, unable to remove his gaze. A weird feeling he hadn’t felt in a long time and it scared him most. He finally realized that his father’s prescription drug, Love, was something he didn’t want to go near because the side effects were terrifying.

   

“They will naturally come to you and by then, your heart will already know.”





 


 




♔ A  u  t  h  o  r  '  s    N  o  t  e ♔

AN: Yay! Update! I went back and reread the first two chapters and they were so crappy!! So much editing needs to be done! (Wrote those two half dead) XD I hope you guys enjoy and leave your reviews XD  I'm worried that my story might advance too quickly but if you feel that way, you're wrong my dears because its going as planned hurhurhur :3 okay okay enjoy!