Belonging

Milk Chocolate and Dark Kisses

 

Sehun tapped his left hand on the surface of his glass desk. During the whole weekend, his friends were all being distant, not even hanging out during Chanyeol's real birthday. The giant only received quick text messages wishing him a happy birthday whereas Sehun and Min Jung actually went over to his house with cake and presents. He did receive presents from the others but they were sent via Sehun. Jongin had stopped by for a bit before leaving, a depressed look on his face. It was Tuesday now and Luhan didn't show up. Today would be his second absent day. He didn't complain because if he were in Luhan's shoes, he too would feel awkward being dragged into a quarrel between new friends he barely knew. What bothered the designer most was what he had said before leaving the building.

 

"You're right. I don’t belong here with you guys."

 

He had stormed off after that and Sehun had chased him in the rain but to no avail, lost him in the hurrying crowds. He wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese male never showed up again. That made Sehun feel a bit bitter, unable to hear the end of his song, sung with the most beautiful and silkiest of voices. Someone knocked on his door, to which he only hummed in response. The door opened slowly and Sehun pulled his full attention to the person standing in the doorway. It was Luhan. But he looked so different. As if he hadn't slept for years or maybe it was the palm sized bruise that laid painfully on the boys collar, peeling out of his white graphic tee. The designers eyes also made it to the bandaged wrist. To Sehun, Luhan looked like he had just escaped the hospital after an accident.

 

" Luhan? What happened?"

 

The male before him only looked down at his shoes. "I'm sorry for not being here yesterday and for not calling in."

 

" Luhan answer the question. What happened?" said Sehun, this time with a sterner voice. He noticed his uncomfortable stare and shifted slightly.

 

"I was in...an accident." If some humans were robots who were able to tell if someone were to lie the Sehun would be one of those human robots. Before he could reply, the door swung open, hitting Luhan in the back, causing him to stumble forward. The pained expression on his face alarmed him and he quickly left his seat, rushing to the Chinese male's side. Su Hyun stared at the two wondering which one she had hit.

 

"Sehun-ssi...I have the documents you needed." He thanked her.

 

"Is it okay if you leave for a bit. I need to speak to Luhan privately please." She looked at the two again, and upon seeing the bruises became concerned. She wanted to stay and find out what was wrong but due to her hesitation, Sehun had sent a chilling glare towards her. She quickly nodded and once the door closed behind her, Luhan finally noticed again how close they were next to each other. Sehun noticed too but he made no effort to maintain a safe distance. "Really Luhan. What happened to you? And what made you so angry last week? I want to know."

 

"I...really was in an accident. But I'm fine now." So many times did Luhan utter those same lies, only wishing someone would notice. The thing was, Sehun was just the person.

 

"You really think I don't see how tired and pained you are? When Su Hyun accidentally knocked you with the door, you looked like you were about to cry. Besides, you can't really lie to me. What kind of accident would leave such a horrible bruise on your neck and you would still be fine?"

 

Luhan quickly covered his neck and bit his lip. He so desperately wanted to reveal how his father relieved desire for pleasure through sadistic activities but that was definitely out of the question. "It's nothing to worry about. I don't wish to share with you such personal matters."

 

Sehun was taken aback but quickly regained his posture. Of course Luhan was going to be cold and secretive because they barely knew each other. "Alright if you so wish for it to be. But let me ask you, can someone who is broken help another just like them?"

 

"What're you talking—" The designer nudged his chin to his wrapped hand and Luhan's eyes traced back to his own bruises and bandage. He lightly chuckled. "Broken people are the only ones who can understand each other. Someone who has never had a chip or crack will never understand the pain of being chiseled away to nothing. So I'm sure we'll be fine...hopefully."

 

Something in the tone of his voice told Sehun that there may be a deeper meaning within the words that he himself and Luhan was saying. It was at that moment that Sehun met the man's spooky smile. It wasn't literally scary. It was spooky how it sent chills down his back because that smile was so lifeless and dead. They both broke out of their thoughts at the sudden knocking on the door.

 

"Come in."

 

Kyungsoo walked in, holding his sketchbook and a pencil. He had walked over, planning on catching Luhan because the lobby receptionist had informed him of Luhan’s attendance. "Sorry Sehun but I'm taking Luhan with me and you can't really stop me from doing so anyways."

 

Before Luhan and Sehun could refuse, Kyungsoo had grabbed the taller mans bandaged wrist before dragging him out of the office in a rush. Luhan followed obediently, not sure whether the smaller was taking him for negative or positive reasons. On the same floor was Kyungsoo's office. It was in a much quieter side of the floor and even the office itself was neat and cleaner. Except for the desk littered with painting supplies and color pencils.

 

"You may think I'm crazy and you can be mad at me for seeming childish but I'm warning you. Be careful around her. Forget everyone else, keep yourself safe."

 

Luhan was pushed gently onto one of Kyungsoo's couches and just looked up at the large eyes. They were full of concern, his voice filled with genuinity. "I understand. I will take precautions." Before Kyungsoo could reply, the door flew open and Baekhyun closed the door quickly, locking it.

 

"I heard you came back Luhan."

 

"Really? Do you not know how to knock or what?" said Kyungsoo sarcastically. He walked over to his office chair, twirling in it then rolling over in front of Luhan. Baekhyun joined Luhan beside the couch.

 

"Chanyeol was chasing after me. Gosh it's like wherever I go, he knows."

 

Kyungsoo scoffed at the statement. "You should already know by now that he has a Baekhyun Radar." The three laughed at the thought. Though this was only the second time interacting with the two of them, Luhan felt incredibly welcomed and comfortable with them. Just like how he was with Minseok and Mr. Thao.

 

"What happened anyways? On Friday we were telling you to come to get a ride with us and hangout but you just ran away. And Sehun was running after you too," said Baekhyun. Luhan shrugged earning scary and intimidating looks from the two.

 

"Okay, thanks for agreeing to tell us. Go on," said Baekhyun smiling.

 

"Wait I didn't—"

 

"Ready when you are," he repeated, this time with a threatening undertone in his voice. Luhan gulped and decided to spill whatever beans there were as it seemed he didn’t have any other choice.

 

"W-Well...after you both left, I left too. I saw Jongin coming back down the stairs and he looked really angry. So he interrogated me...except he didn't exactly ask me nicely. He sorta shoved me..."

 

He stopped talking seeing how every word he spoke made the two males listening enraged. "And what did he do?" asked Kyungsoo, his voice a combination of dark and angry.

 

"He called me girly," he caught their unamused looks, "I know I know! Before you judge me..." He signed. This was all too complicated. He didn’t want to tell them his sob story of being lonely and bullied because it made him seem like a sad victim but at the same time he didn't want to seem like a prick about being called names. Especially for his age. "I've always been bullied for looking so girly...I still am even now and it's just that I'm older, I learn not to tolerate those things especially if its from someone who doesn't even know me on a personal level. And when he told me I didn't belong here it just reminded me of...of how lonely I am." The last sentence came out on a shaky whisper, barely audible to the two.

 

They nodded in approval understanding completely. Being teased for being so small was something the both have gone through and especially Kyungsoo who liked to draw women's clothes. "He was such a jerk. That wasn't nice at all," said Kyungsoo, venomously. As if the name itself was poison. Baekhyun thought back to his conversation with Jongin and only shook his head. Stupid Jong ing In. This is how you're gonna get him to like you?

 

Someone knocked on the door and they all perked up as if they were deers caught in the headlights. "Guys...I need my secretary back please and thank you. So open up." The three sighed knowing it was only Sehun. Kyungsoo pushed his feet against the ground, rolling backwards towards the door. He opened the door and quickly closed it behind Sehun. "Ah, what is this? Are you three poop-talking?" He said winking. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and sat with his back against the couch.

 

"Yah what do you want Oh Sehun?"

 

"Why're you so grouchy Hyung? I only came to tell you guys Min Jung is going to visit the office for Bring Your Kid to Work Day. Unless you guys rather it be a surprise." Kyungsoo and Baekhyun jumped up immediately, scaring Luhan, happily screaming and dancing clearly excited about her presence. Luhan only sat there confused.

 

"I don't mean to be rude but is Min Jung your daughter?" Sehun nodded.

 

"Remember when we first met you asked for directions? She was sitting in the back."

 

Luhan shook his head. That day he was too worried about being late to meet up with his father at his meeting. "Well you'll get to meet her today. Do you want to come with me?" He immediately regretted asking in front of both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. They were giving smirks and winking to Sehun indicating that they were sure he had interest in the Chinese male. "I mean since you're my secretary and all..."

 

Luhan smiled and nodded. "I don't mind..."

 

"Then make sure to come down to my office in an hour. That's when I'm going to pick her up."

 

"It's okay if Luhan accompanies you now. He'll love to help you," said Kyungsoo winking to Luhan. But he only looked confused at him. Baekhyun understood and stood up, pulling Luhan up with him.

 

"Thanks Kyung, we'll come back with Min Jung.” He skipped out behind Sehun, dragging Luhan by his unwrapped wrist.

 

"Luhan I just want to make something clear. Jongin isn't always an . Only when it comes down to Kyungsoo does he go all stupid. So please forgive him okay? He's a really nice guy. Besides you will always belong here." Luhan nodded, keeping his eyes trained to the ground.  They had welled up with tears and he was intent on Sehun and Baekhyun not noticing. Though to much dismay, Sehun had chosen that time to turn back and look at him. He understood now why Luhan had left with those words. He now understood why he hadn't shown up to work. But something still bothered him: what was it that Kyungsoo and Baekhyun was mad about and how Luhan get those bruises covering his arms and neck.




 

“Ah, so your daughter goes to this school? This is where I first met you wasn’t it?” asked Luhan, looking curiously out the window. Many other cars were pulling in to pick up their kids. Sehun hummed in response and put his car into park. Though his palm was still in pain, he had been driving with only his fingers wrapped around the wheel, avoiding pressure on his palms. Luhan noticed how he winced every now and then while driving and was worried.

 

“Let’s go. We can introduce you two soon.” They both got out of the car, with Luhan walking behind Sehun. Parents holding their children’s hands walked past, dancing and singing with joy. The inside of the school was cool and Luhan felt like he was going to break out into a series of shivers. Sehun however didn’t notice and just kept walking. Once inside a classroom, he noticed no more kids there except for the teacher. He suddenly became alarmed. “Um Excuse me. Where is Min Jung?”

 

She turned around immediately and upon noticing it to be Sehun, she became quite nervous. “She’s in the nurse’s office. We had a bathroom break and she was pushed down the stairs.” It seemed as if she had more to say but Sehun had already ran off. Luhan stood there still dumbfounded. “I’m sorry. But could you tell Mr. Oh that Min Jung is okay? I’m sure she’ll come right out and say it and he already ran off…” Luhan nodded and lightly jogged after Sehun even though his back was killing him. He stopped at a sign reading Nurse’s Office and walked in. There, he saw Sehun holding a little girl with hair a little past her shoulders. Her petite nose and bright sparkly eyes crinkled with a large smile. Sehun was twirling her and at the beautiful sight of the two, he couldn’t bring himself to stop staring. Sehun...is a good father.

 

“We’ll be going now. Thank you so much Songsaenim!” He bowed before turning around to see Luhan standing there. A smile on his face.

 

“Hun Hun...it’s the beautiful mister!” she said, whispering loudly into Sehun’s ears. He laughed at the tickling sensation and nodded. Luhan moved aside for him to step out before sliding the door close. Min Jung wiggled to be put down and once she was, Luhan noticed how small she was. The top of her head barely grazed the top of Sehun’s belt. “Hello, Beautiful Mister. I’m Min Jung. What’s your name?” she asked, politely bowing. Luhan’s smile grew wider at such cuteness, causing his own cheeks to flare up.

 

“I’m Luhan. It’s wonderful to meet you.” he returned the bow and Sehun laughed at the two for being so cheesy and awkward.

 

“Let’s go. Kyung and Baek really wants to see you.” She nodded, holding onto his left hand as Luhan followed behind.

 

“Are uncle Kyung and Uncle Jongie still fighting? Uncle Channie said that Uncle Baek will never like him anymore…”

 

“It’ll be fine. Your uncles are all just being complicated but they’ll eventually make up. They still love each other very much.”

 

She smiled, hoping they weren’t mad for too long. They reached the car and once each person was Luhan was seat-belted, he noticed Sehun awkwardly trying to grab his seatbelt and pulling it across his front. Without thinking, he bent over, easily pulling the strap after his hand and buckling the metal part. “There.” He winced a bit from reaching over. The pain in his back was seriously hurting and burning like a world war was going on there. He was too worried about letting his pain show that he failed to miss the hint of pink that dusted onto Sehun’s cheeks. Min Jung, however, caught everything and giggled to herself.

 

“T-thanks...let’s go.” He started the engine and once the car started rolling on, Luhan’s phone rang. He quietly apologized and gulped, seeing it was from his father.

 

“H-hello?” He spoke in his native tongue.

 

“Where are you?”

 

“I’m with Mr. Sehun.”

 

“Are you doing what you’re really there for? Or are you just running around playing office?”

 

He became alarmed and vigorously shook his head as if he would see. “N-no I am.”

 

“What have you found out about him?”

 

Luhan gulped. His real mission and the purpose that his company was there. “I...I haven’t found anything worth mentioning…”

 

“We don’t have much time. You better find something quick before you get more punishments!” With that, he hung up leaving Luhan with a ringing in his ears.

 

“Is something wrong Luhan? You look a bit pale?” asked Sehun, quickly looking at him. Min Jung noticed the strange tone in his voice during the phone conversation.

 

“I’m fine. Just...my father wanted me to be careful...at work. That’s all.”

 

Sehun nodded, knowing full well that Luhan was lying. Something was wrong but he knew the smaller wasn’t going to tell him.  He wished he was able to at least understand mandarin so he would know what they were saying. Sehun stopped at the red light. It was the exact same spot he had saved the woman from being attacked. Min Jung seemed to realize this too and someone caught her eye. “Hun Hun, isn’t she the lady you saved last time?” Sehun whipped his head to the side and sure enough, there she was crossing the street with a bag full of groceries. Luhan however looked too late, completely missing the tired woman’s face.

 

“It is. She must frequent these routes.”

 

It became quiet again before Min Jung began to sing random songs about the weather and Sehun’s habits. Luhan occasionally giggled and almost burst in a fit of laughter when she sang about how sometimes Sehun would smell his dirty socks to see if they were still clean enough to wear. Though it was cute, he felt embarrassed having Luhan hear about it. He had to admit though, that the melodious laughter coming from the man beside him was too beautiful. He couldn’t help but laugh when Luhan had broke into silent laughter. His face was contorted into a funny frog-like face but to Sehun, it was still so beautiful. His pearly white teeth and his light pink lips of innocence were drawing him closer. Min Jung smiled when she noticed how her dad was throwing secret glances at Luhan. She knew for a fact that when Sehun’s ears went red he was: one, embarrassed or two, feeling incredibly happy.

 

The trio were pulled out of their laughter once the huge building came into sight. Min Jung squealed in delight. She rushed out, hurrying the two. Luhan thoughtfully unbuckled Sehun’s seatbelt for him as the straps rolled back into their compartments. Sehun looked up, his eyes meeting with Luhan’s. The sparkle in the doe eyes captivated him and during those five seconds of staring into each others eyes, Sehun felt he was not like any other normal guy out there, digging their eyes at chicks...anymore. Luhan noticed the awkward staring and was the first to break out of it. His cheeks flared out and he quickly joined Min Jung’s side. She looked at the bruises on his arms and his wrapped wrist. She was going to ask him something but didn’t. Instead, her hands found way to his unwrapped wrist and held onto his hand. Sehun walked out and upon seeing Luhan awkwardly being held by Min Jung he stopped in his tracks.

 

“What about Hun Hun Min Jung? You’re not going to hold my hand?”

 

She shook her head and smiled mischievously. “I saw Hun Hun dig his nose yesterday night. I’ll wait another day. I will hold Lulu’s hands because they’re warm and soft.” The designer pouted and tried his best aegyo attack but she was strong. Luhan on the other hand would’ve passed out had he had the chance. Sehun’s attention left her and behind he saw Kyungsoo and Baekhyun running towards them.

 

“Why’re you guys here?” he asked coldly.

 

“Because we were watching from the lobby,” said Kyungsoo before quickly turning his attention to Min Jung. He was about to hug her when Baekhyun pulled him back up forcing him to straighten his legs. Luhan looked at Baekhyun’s action in confusion once again. Baekhyun brought his mouth near the owl-eyed man's ear to whisper.

 

“Doesn’t Min Jung and Luhan look alike? Doesn’t he look like he is one of her parents?” Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun and back at the two in front of them. Sehun was now standing behind the two and Kyungsoo scanned the three with his eyes. A smile widened across his face and Baekhyun excitedly repeated about how right he was. The smaller could only agree, nodding in complete awe.

 

“What’re you guys whispering about anyways?” said Sehun rolling his eyes.

 

“We were whispering about Sehun and his future.” He rolled his eyes and scoffed at the statement. Though now, he wasn’t really sure how he felt about it. It was a mixed feeling.

 

“Let’s go inside. I don’t want the public catching us…”said Sehun. They all nodded and began walking inside. Min Jung skipped, her neatly tucked white button up slowly coming out of her mint green short. Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Sehun wanted to stop her and fix it but just watching her hold onto Luhan’s hand, occasionally singing lyrics about the Chinese male’s beauty stopped them. It was seriously like a scene out of a movie between a father and his daughter. “How come when I’m with Min Jung it doesn’t feel like...that?” asked Sehun. The two next to him chuckled.

 

“Maknae...kids act different depending on their parents. Remember how your father was always so scary when we were kids? When you went to the store with him, you didn’t ask for things and held his hands obediently. Compared to your mom, it was the opposite because you knew your mom was going to get you whatever you want and no matter how bratty you were, she’d still kiss you and hold onto your hand,” said Kyungsoo. Baekhyun nodded in agreement.

 

“So you’re trying to say that Luhan is like a mom?” asked Sehun raising his eyebrows.

 

“No, stupid! He’s trying to say that Luhan emits a motherly aura and that Min Jung feels comfortable with him,” said Baekhyun huffing in irritation. All three’s eyes were glued onto the two in front of them. They listened carefully to their conversation.

 

“Hey hey, Lulu so what are your dreams? Uncle Kris always tells me that everyone has a dream. I have a dream too!”

 

“Okay, tell me yours first,” he said playfully. Min Jung seemed ecstatic about sharing.

 

“My dream is to have a Mommy. My uncles all say that my mommy can appear any day. They also say that sometimes you meet the people who you are destined to be with even before you know it.” Luhan’s smile fell from his lips and a slight pained smile tugged gently at the corners of his mouth. Something only Min Jung caught sight of and she too, lost her smile replaced with concern. The three walking behind caught sight of her face that was looking up at Luhan.

 

“That’s funny Min Jung because I too have that dream. I hope we both can find our Moms.” Kyungsoo sent a worried look to the two walking beside him. They both shrugged, just as surprised. They stopped in front of the elevator. It immediately opened up and there in front of them was once again, someone both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun had no liking for.

 

“Hello guys. I was just about to come ask for you Sehun-ssi.” Her eyes trailed to Min Jung who had suddenly gripped Luhan’s hand tighter. “Ah, your little sister is visiting today?” She smiled. Sehun nodded with his face, indifferent. They all filed into the elevator and Su Hyun did the honor of pressing the button to go up to their floor. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun gave Sehun threatening glares and he knew that she was probably the source of their argument on friday. The elevator stopped on the fifth floor. Tao walked in, yawning and greeting the others. When he finally noticed Min Jung, he patted her head and she squealed.

 

“Uncle Panda looks really tired!”

 

“I am! I’m really hungry too!”

 

Su Hyun giggled a bit which only Luhan had noticed. The other three were busy throwing secret messages with their facial expression. Something Luhan wished he could interpret but couldn’t. Tao noticed and seemed to catch the message. His eyes trailed to the back of Su Hyun.

 

“Well, aren’t I lucky today? Being stuck in a long elevator ride with a group of handsome fellows,” she said through giggles. Min Jung frowned knowing that she forgot to mention her as well. Everyone smiled weakly, letting out a fake laugh. Tao however was sensing a negative energy especially from Su Hyun. Being practiced in martial arts, he was closer to the natural forces than any normal civilian and noticing the different energies between people were easier done than said. He did see the negativity circling between Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and the Su Hyun girl. He suddenly felt extremely uneasy, slowly backing closer to Luhan, the only one with a hopeful and beautiful aura. Even Min Jung had a dark cloud between her and Su Hyun.

 

They reached their floor and before it closed, Su Hyun ran back in. “I’m sorry I can’t join you guys. I have something important to do. I’ll be back later.” Sehun nodded before the door closed.

 

“Nobody asked you to join in the first place,” muttered Baekhyun, still throwing daggers with his eyes.

 

“Yah, you guys are going to tell me what is wrong with you guys. You too Min Jung…” said Tao sternly. Luhan was confused but he wondered if maybe it was because of what had happened at Chanyeol’s party. They almost reached Sehun’s office when Jongin ran over to them. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and Luhan suddenly felt extremely worried. Worried of rejection again. But fortunately, it didn’t come.

 

“Hey Min Jung!” he said while patting her head. He noticed how she was completely latched onto Luhan and not Sehun.

 

“Hi Uncle Jongie! How are you doing?”

 

“Good! Hey, is it okay if I talk to Luhan and your uncles for a bit?” She looked at Luhan before unwillingly letting go of Luhan’s hand.

 

“Don’t be mean to Lulu. He’s my special person!” Luhan chuckled and Sehun suddenly felt a tinge of jealousy.

 

“Don’t worry. I won’t,” said Jongin nudging his head to the side, indicating for the three to follow. Tao bid them farewell, walking towards the lounge room as Sehun and Min Jung went inside the office. Baekhyun scoffed lightly and crossed his arms and Kyungsoo had a blank face on. Luhan had shrunk within his himself, looking anywhere but Jongin. “Guys I just really want to apologize. I was extremely rude to all of you. Especially to you Luhan. Even though I didn’t know you, I said such horrible things.” A sign of life finally made it back on Kyungsoo’s face and Baekhyun dropped his arms to the side. “I just didn’t want there to be a problem…”

 

Luhan shook his head. “It’s okay I understand completely. Besides you only hurt me because you were afraid that anyone would hurt your dear friends. I completely forgive you.” His sparkly eyes turned to look at both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo whose cold exterior had melted and they softened up.

 

“Well, I guess you’re forgiven…” said Kyungsoo. He almost stuttered and Baekhyun smirked knowing that.

 

“Thanks for forgiving me. But I’m serious guys...I know what you guys are talking about now…” They were pulled out of their reverie at such words uttered under his breathe. “That Su Hyun girl is seriously suspicious.” They looked at each other before Jongin continued, his voice lowering in both volume and pitch. “When Sehun left to pick up Min Jung, I thought I’d come talk to Kyungsoo but I saw her. I know that Sehun would never ever give any spare key to his office to anyone. But she had a key...and she opened his door. She brought in a weird box too. I don’t know if I’m just over exaggerating but she was weird. Sehunnie always locks his office when he leaves the building. He never lets anyone go in even if they were his secretary. He doesn’t even let us go in. That’s why I’m starting to get really suspicious…”

 

Kyungsoo, Luhan and Baekhyun’s eyes widened. Questions began circling their minds. Luhan heard Sehun call his name from inside and Baekhyun gave him an approving look. “Go in. We’ll talk later. We don’t want to trouble Sehun about this.” He nodded and reluctantly walked inside. Kyungsoo looked back at Jongin.

“I had a conversation with her in the elevator…”




 

“Beautiful Mister Lulu Deer! Pretty please?” asked Min Jung, stretching out each word. She batted her eyes, her long lashes fluttering along each movement. Luhan chuckled nervously as he sat up straight. He winced at the sudden pain in his back and went back to his earlier position. “Is something wrong Lulu?” He shook his head no, but he was still seeing white. His vision was slowly returning but he didn’t feel alright. Sehun looked up from his old sketchbook.

 

“Can your Dad sing?” asked Luhan trying to change the subject.

 

“Hun Hun can rap but he’s average when singing,” she said matter of factly. Sehun felt daggers of jealousy jab his heart but he knew it wasn’t serious.

 

“But isn’t rapping cool?” asked Sehun.

 

Min Jung agreed. “ Hun Hun is cool when he raps but Min Jung wants to hear beautiful singing.” Luhan scratched the back of his head nervously and avoided the sparkly puppy dog eyes she was giving him. “Please Lulu?”

 

He sighed in defeat and nodded. “Okay what would you like me to sing?”

 

She jumped up in triumph and Sehun couldn’t help but cheer alongside her. She stopped and turned around to look at her father with an unamused look. “Why are you cheering?” Luhan laughed and Sehun pouted.

 

“Because I really like Lulu’s voice too!” Min Jung shot him a toothy smile, indicating that she was only kidding.

 

“I want Lulu to sing me a song in your language. Lulu isn’t Korean right?” He nodded. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath and tried remembering one of the songs he wrote but when that went nowhere, he gave up and dug through his backpack. He took out his notebook filled with different melodies and lyrics. He remembered one of the songs he wrote. One befitting how he felt at the moment and he cleared his throat once. Min Jung and Sehun both without knowing held their breath, anxious to hear the beautiful voice. Once he started singing, both father and daughter completely stopped moving and goosebumps reached every inch of their skin.

 

This moment feels like I was born as a child who knew nothing

I closed my eyes again in case it would be a dream

You were standing in front of my desperate self and praying

Just once, I want to walk side by side with you

 

Min Jung’s hands came together slowly intertwining as if she were praying. The lyrics had caught Sehun off guard and it was then he finally understood what the tug in his chest meant. He finally understood why his cheeks had fired up when Luhan reached over to help him. The words his father had told him over the phone rang back to him. The phrase repeated in his head as his heart stayed captivated on the male before him, singing his heart out.

 

“Love will naturally come to you and your heart will already know…”

 

Min Jung fought back tears by blinking. Her back was turned against Sehun and Luhan had his eyes closed. Her heart felt light and she knew. She knew.

 

I, who has fallen in love with no other place to

Go back, my wings have been taken away

Even though I lost my everlasting life, the reason to my happiness

You are my eternity, I’m eternally in Love


 

Sehun and Min Jung were still quiet even though he had finished singing. “W-was it bad?” He was returned with their heads shaking no vigorously. Both Sehun and Min Jung had come to a sudden realization about Luhan and they were shaken up. Luhan was completely oblivious of it and he only sat there awkwardly. They were pulled out of their thoughts when Sehun’s office phone began to ring. Min Jung looked up at Luhan and her eyes were smiling.

 

“How long will Lulu be working as Hun Hun’s secretary?”

 

Luhan shrugged and pat the top of her head gently. “I’m not sure. However long it takes your dad to heal.”

 

She nodded sadly. “I hope Hun Hun doesn’t ever heal...I don’t want Lulu to go away,” she said. Luhan felt a bubbly feeling tug in his chest. He didn’t know what to say to that but he felt extremely happy.

 

“Luhan can you watch Min Jung for me? I have to go to a quick meeting,” he said, with a sour look on his face.

 

“But shouldn’t I go with you?” he asked, standing up quickly. He immediately regretted that because he felt a rush of cold swept through him and his back felt like it was blazing on fire with pain. He hid the horrible feeling though.

 

“It’s fine. It’s just a brief meeting about our sales. If anything I’ll just ask Kyungsoo to write down things for me. But I need you to watch over Min Jung for me alright? If anything happens, you can go over to Chanyeol’s office. He isn’t doing anything.” Luhan nodded unsurely and Min Jung ran over to hug her dad once before he left. Now it was just the two of them and Luhan suddenly felt awkward.

 

“Lulu, let’s do something!” She turned around but noticed something was wrong. Luhan was sitting back on the couch but this time the pained expression was back and he couldn’t hide it. “What’s wrong?” she asked, alarmed. She ran to his side and she bit back tears. Her little hands reaching up to sweep the fringe covering Luhan’s tightly shut eyes. He shook his head and mumbled some incoherent words. “Lulu, are you okay?”

 

“Y-yeah...I’m sorry for scaring you…” Though he claimed to be okay, he didn’t look like it nor did he feel like it. His heart beat was increasing from worry. He was in pain and his head was pounding. He struggled to regain his vision. By this time, Min Jung was scared to the core. She didn’t know what to do except how to dial the ambulance.

 

“Lulu, I will call the ambulance!”

 

“No! I mean...no it’s fine. Don’t worry about it. I’ll be fine. It hurts now but I’ll be fine.” Min Jung couldn’t even cry. She felt afraid that something bad might happen. When tears began streaming down his tightly shut eyes, her hands quickly wiped them away. She cupped his face with her tiny hands, something Sehun did to make her stop crying. She then noticed one of his hands lightly holding his back. She quickly stood up on the couch, on leg behind him.

 

“Is it your back Lulu?” He nodded and she removed his hand. “Should Min Jung do something for it?” Her voice was shaking and she couldn’t slow down her heartbeat. Luhan only shook his head but before he could reply she jumped off the couch and ran out the door. She didn’t know where all her uncles offices were but she knew that they were always eating in the lounge room. She ran with all her might, afraid, worried and determined. She knocked on the door with her tiny fists, hoping someone she knew and trusted was in there. It opened and a large person stood in front of her.

 

“Min Jung?! What’re you doing here?”

 

“Uncle Channie! Something is wrong with Lulu! Hurry!” She pulled at his hand before he even asked who this Lulu was but seeing her face and her tone of voice, he swept her off her feet and carried her, running to Sehun’s office. His lanky legs got them there in less than a minute and he barged into the door. There on the floor was Luhan. Chanyeol immediately recognized him and put Min Jung down. She ran to Luhan’s side. He was unconscious and his breathing was abnormal.

 

“Something is wrong with his back!” Her tears finally found way and her hands were beginning to shake. Chanyeol immediately lifted up Luhan’s blue shirt revealing horrible scars old and new. His back was littered with bruises and upon seeing that Min Jung began to cry loudly. Chanyeol shook his head in fear. He picked up his phone and dialed the ambulance.  

 


AN: Hello! Another update. This is the longest chapter I've written...LOL THE HATE IS REAL towards Su Hyun XD Thank you guys so much for reading. If anybody is interested in making a poster please PM me! My little sister wants to use the one she made for me as her summer hw and doesn't want teachers to find it online and think she just stole it. I will also be willing to give you Karma as well if thats what it takes. Besides I'm really lazy going to the shops and stuff LOL So PLEASE! I beguvyah! Also If you guys haven't noticed, the song lyrics are from EXO's Angel- Into Your World. XD Thanks! Please sub/upvote/comment or nothing LOL