A Sky full of Stars

Milk Chocolate and Dark Kisses

          AN: I reccomend listening to "A Sky Full of Stars" by Coldplay while reading this chapter or listen to EXO M/K of "Moonlight" to get you in dah mood! Enjoy!

 


 

 

 

             Night had finally casted upon the sky and the moon was blaring out with all it’s forces. Luhan sat up in his bed, wondering if they have gone off to sleep yet. He waited for what seemed to be hours before he decided to get up the courage to get out of his bed and out the window. The house was huge yet his room only about three times the size of the bathroom. And let me tell you, the bathrooms were small. He unlocked the window and opened it, basking in the cool breeze that lightly tossed his ginger locks. He swiftly climbed out of the window and onto the roof. The moment he settled on his bottom carefully, his eyes met the glittered night sky. It was beautiful and serene. Something about the majestic beauty of the lights coming from billions of light years away made his heart feel moved. Knowing that some of those lights were from those who’ve died already made it that much more beautiful. The divine existence of his own being felt much more appreciated, as if he was one of the few billions or even trillions of creatures in the whole galaxy. That even in death, someone else could possibly be affected in some way, because he too, wanted to be like a star. The bright city lights fell victim to the enchanting lights from above. The sky full of stars gave him hope and he felt loved from that hope.

   

            “Dear stars, I hope that one day I can gaze out into the wondrous unknown galaxy with the one who can also make me feel hope and love…”

   

             Once he had made his wish, he turned back to look up at the dark sky. He couldn’t explain the satisfaction of knowing that there were so much more bigger things than him and that there were also so much smaller than him. The mere thought put the chinese male in a euphoric trance. He wanted to enjoy the scenery while it lasted because for him, happiness never really did last long enough for him to consider himself a happy person. He was born with quite the unfortunate luck, landing him in places that worked against him. Seeing the sea of stars above him was like a nice cold sweet ice cream sundae on the hottest of days. He was about to lay back when he heard knocking on his door. He scrambled back into the window and closed it quietly. Another knock made him jump and he tried with all his might to quietly lock it. After successfully doing so, he tousled his hair a bit and walked drunkenly towards the door. He turned the knob slowly and lidded his eyes halfway, faking tiredness.

   

            “Yes?”

   

            The butler stood in the doorway and bowed. “Master has requested you go to his office. He has important news to relay to you.” With another bow, the butler turned away and walked to wherever he needed to be. Luhan let out a sigh. For if it had been his father who had personally come down to get him, no knocks would’ve happened. Only a sudden barge into the room and discovering him on the rooftop. He walked quickly up the staircase hoping his father was feeling generous and didn’t mind that Luhan was taking longer than he wanted to get to him. The man was an impatient person and when he was angered, it was hard to get away from his blame game unscathed. He reached a door and knocked lightly, the mahogany partially vibrating.

   

           “Come in,” came a stern voice.

   

           Luhan gulped and had to hold himself back from running away into the safe roof and the watchful eyes of the stars. He opened the door and walked in with his head down. Something you had to do to show your respect or else the man would be easily angered.

  

           “Starting tomorrow, you’re going to work as an employee at the EXOtic fashion company. You’ll start your mission from there. You know what I want you to do already. Fail to report every single thing to me and I’ll be getting rid of you.”

  

            Luhan as more than happy. Not that he wanted to do what their company has been planning but he wanted to have a reason to stay away from the dreadful man. The thought of possibly making friends with someone was relieving and he felt a sudden rush of happiness. The stars were watching him and taking care of him. So that he could one day tell others of their beauty. He nodded once more before his father stood up and walked over to him. He put his hand on the almost trembling shoulders of the younger and smirked. All thoughts lost within seconds replaced only by fear.

   

           “Before you go back to sleep, you know you have another more important job to do right?” The devilish grin on the man’s face shot chills down his spine and he could feel his legs turning into jello. “Answer me!” Luhan flinched at the sudden booming voice and nodded.

    “Yes...I do…”





 

    Luhan awoke that morning...or more like afternoon. He knew he was late for his sudden job and hoped he didn’t have an important job with any important person. He only knew one person and it was Oh Sehun, the nice guy who had helped him around when he was lost. He hoped he could see the man again so he could repay him back somehow. He sat up in his bed and he felt pain rush through his lower back. He brought his hands back, retracing his soft finger pads lightly against the bruises that littered his back. He then noticed the fresh new bruise from the night before laying darkly on his arm. His wrist had another purple bruise, shaped into a hand. A cold hand that gripped his wrist so hard he felt it almost break. He looked out the window and with the stars all gone now, he felt somewhat lonely again. Before depressing thoughts could run through his mind, his phone began to ring. Grabbing it quickly, it simply said father before he picked it up.

   

         “Hello?”

   

        “Where the hell are you?! Get to work right now you’re four hours late!”

  

      Luhan quickly responded with an “I understand” before clicking off and quickly dressing himself. Standing up hurt more than anything in fact just moving hurt his every muscles and bones. Another light knock was heard and Luhan quickly walked to the door.

  

  “Luhan-ssi, did it happen again last night?” He only looked at the old wrinkles on the new butler. His father had hired new servants after moving to Korea and he was taken aback from the boldness.

   

“Did what happen again?”

   

“I’ve requested the chef to make you a nice soup for the afternoon. Eat before you go back to work…”

   

Luhan nodded. He felt a warmth radiating off the elder. Maybe, just maybe he could be friends with the servants as well. Not that his father cared. He probably considered Luhan another servant in the house that he could order around to do his every bidding. He made his way down the stairs and into the kitchen. It would be his first time there because ever since they made it to South Korea, he always got lost and wasn’t allowed to eat. So he just went straight to his room and ate the chocolate kisses that he always bought. The moment he entered the kitchen, a heavenly smell wafted through his nostrils and almost claimed his heart. If only life was beautiful and soothing as the smells coming from the kitchen then life would be more than perfect. A perfect Luhan could only crave. His strange metaphoric thoughts came to an end when he was greeted by a orchard-haired chef. He looked strangely young compared to the stereotypical potbellied chefs rambling on about younguns.

  

  “Good Morning Sir. I’ll get your food ready and set at the table so you can go take a seat. My apologies for being-”

   

“It’s okay if I eat in here...I don’t mind.”

  

  A look of relief flushed onto the chef and he turned back to grab a ladle to spoon the soup into a bowl. “By the way, I’m Kim Minseok.”

   

Luhan smiled at the name. “Minseok-ssi, how old are you?”

  

  From the use of such a formal tone, the chef turned around looking bewildered. He had believed the master’s boy was going to be of the same attitude. Annoying, angry, impatient and mean. “Ah no need for formalities. I’m twenty-six years old.”

  

  Luhan’s eyes lit up. “Me too! Let’s be friends!” With another surprised look coming from Minseok’s wide eyes, he fumbled with words. “I- I mean...we don’t have to be friends if you don’t want to…I mean...I’m sorry. I don’t even know…”

  

  Minseok burst into a fit of laughter, lightly clutching his stomach and hunching forward. “It’s okay Luhan. Let’s be friends! I don’t mind at all.” He turned back to the bowl, still shaking with bubbly laughter and Luhan felt he could live the rest of his life next to that.

   

“I was just surprised. Thought you would be more like your father…”

   

Luhan cringed at the name. “He’s not really my father. He’d have to be two years old when he would get my mother impregnated. Besides...he…”

   

Minseok noticed the sudden change in mood so he rushed to change the subject. “I’ll heat up some sweetened milk for you. It’s best when you’re feeling down. Well, for me anyways.”

 

Luhan watched as his new friend rushed away to the refrigerator before turning back to the noodle soup in front of him. The refreshing smell was intoxicating, controlling his hands to dig his spoon into the plate. Colors and happiness and warmth flooded through his body, feeling his heart become lighter and fuller. This was what home should feel like.

  

  “Minseok-ah, this tastes wonderful!” He dug into his soup that wasn’t too hot. The chef returned and smiled.

  

  “I know you’re going through a tough time...Mr. Thao told me about what he hears.” Luhan’s movements began to slow and as he ate, the soup suddenly became saltier. His tears fell down his cheeks as warm and loving hands made it to his bruised back. As if it were healing them with a touch of love.

   

“I’m scared something bad might happen during my work here. So whenever you feel as if you’re in some danger or if you’re bored, come find me. My room is next to the kitchen. When he doesn’t let you eat at night, I’ll make you something secretly okay?” Luhan nodded and continued eating. Though his tears never subsided, he couldn’t help feeling touched and loved. Minseok and Mr. Thao became stars that gave him hope. That loved him. They were precious and beautiful human beings.





 

   

“Sehun! Just it up and go back to your office. It’s not like you have much to do anyways,” said Baekhyun. The two were in the lounge, eating their lunch later than usual. The smaller was getting seriously annoyed at the annoying complaints coming from the maknae because his secretary didn’t show up. At that moment, Chanyeol walked in tiredly. he sat down next to Baekhyun and smiled at the both.

   

“Morning guys. How’s your hand Sehun? Junmyeon told me about it yesterday.”

 

    He only mumbled in return and Chanyeol took that as an answer.

 

    “Yeol, make him stop complaining. Junmyeon supposedly hired him a secretary but he didn’t show up yet and he can’t “work”.” The last word was sarcastically said with his pretty fingers marking quotation marks in the air.

 

    “You can take someone from my department. Some of them don’t do anything much and get paid for lazing around or running around doing useless stuff.”

 

    “Send one up to me in an hour. I have ideas in my head but I can’t write or draw and typing with my left hand is a pain,” said Sehun, getting up. He left the room in a cold way but the two older already knew how the maknae was. When he couldn’t put down his ideas or work, his stress takes another step up the ladder to his mind. Sehun walked to the door of the stairs. Barely anyone took the stairs and if taking the stairs meant avoiding girls who asked him questions about his wrapped hand then he would gladly take it. He climbed up the stairs, not even fazed at the physical strength he had to use. He had made it to the door of his level and before he made it out, the door from the next staircase up opened loudly and slammed shut. Judging from the sound of the shoes, someone was wearing heels and another flat shoes.

 

“Not here, what if they catch us?” The voice sounded oddly familiar to Sehun and he felt disgusted having witnessed two workers unable to control themselves. He coughed loudly making sure they heard him and by the sudden silence, he took it that yes they heard him. He opened the door and closed it loudly behind him, not even looking back.  Note to self, one must use the stairs only when in dire need.

 

He entered his office and his eyes immediately locked on the back forms of two people standing in front of his desk, uninvited.

 

“Ah, Junmyeon, what’re you doing here?”

 

“Sehun! We just got here so remove that frown on your face before it gets stuck,” said the petite man. He put his hands on the other males shoulders, bringing him forward.

 

“Ah, Luhan?”

 

The Chinese male looked up bashfully and nodded. “Tah-dah! As I promised, a secretary. He was late but please excuse him because he was notified with such a short notice.” Junmyeon tapped the male’s shoulders like a parent or older brother would as if encouraging him. Though he did stand a bit shorter. “Since it seems this isn’t your first time meeting, I think I can go back from here.” he winked at Sehun, knowing full well how he had literally been “stalking” him yesterday. Sehun rolled his eyes and once Junmyeon left the room, Sehun walked over to his desk. Luhan stayed still, standing and just looking at the ceiling awkwardly.

 

“Luhan, I’m sorry I don’t have a desk for you because as you already know, you’ve been hired on such short notice. But I’ll get you one by tomorrow. So you can just hang out on the couches,” he said while nudging his chin towards the brown couches. Luhan nodded and sat down awkwardly. It was silent and the only thing heard was the flipping of pages. Sehun had a habit of looking back through his sketch book and seeing if anything from the past would give birth to new inspiration. Just as he was about to flip another page, something caught his eyes. The drawing had a female design. It was the only dress he had ever drawn in his sketchbook. His gaze then trailed to the note at the bottom.

 

Inspired by my beautiful Mickie

 

He felt his heart throb a few beats as old and pickled memories of a certain Mickie flashed back. What took him out from his reverie was the low and almost quiet grumble. His stomach grumbled again causing confusion to tweak his eyebrows in a frown. Didn’t I just eat lunch? He was almost in denial now, looking at Luhan accusingly. The doe-eyed male only returned the look and he looked back down to his stomach. Is it really my stomach growling? (heheh no pun intended lol)

 

“Sehun-ssi, did you eat lunch yet?”

 

“I did...but I don’t understand why my stomach is acting up…” His eyes trailed to the silvery wrappers of a food substance that once existed. Chocolate. Food. “Okay...I might be a bit hungry…”

 

The corners of Luhan’s pink lips curved into a sweet smile before reaching into his bag. On his way to work, he stopped quickly to buy yogurt covered pretzels and his most favorite, milk chocolate kisses. He put the white bag in front of Sehun and in his other palm, it held a handful of kisses. The designer looked up in surprise and seeing the genuine glint in his secretary’s eyes, he decided that it would be safe. Though later on he would say otherwise.

 

“Thank you…” he took the bag of pretzels and Luhan dropped the handful of kisses on the glass desk. The sound it made against the hard surface was that of dice being tossed onto wood. The rich fresh sound rung in Sehun’s head and it would continue. Luhan was going to excuse himself to the bathroom before anything else got even more awkward but that was exactly where it was headed. A knock on the door released Sehun’s hungry gaze on the cute bag of yogurt covered pretzels and he focused on the door. The door opened and Sehun almost considered quitting his job.

 

            “Hello. I’m Su Hyun...Mr. Park Chanyeol assigned me to be your secretary…?”

 

 


 

AN: BEFORE you misunderstand, no Luhan did not get dah . I'm not that horrible...and OUR NEW FANDOM NAME = CELEBRATION!!!

How are you guys, My EXO-LOVES!!! WOOHOO! though at first I was like...meh, but now I really dont give any flucks XD

Not edited so if the story sounds like its blabbering, it sorta is XD