Casual Mornings

Milk Chocolate and Dark Kisses

 Casual Mornings

 



The bright sunlight that cascaded into Oh Sehun’s room left a sickening morning headache to the tired man. Slowly getting up almost a minute before his alarm would ring, he sat there staring at the empty wall across from him before he heard fast tiny footsteps make their way to the door of his room. The door creaked open as a tiny head popped into the room and a little girl with her cute pink lips shaped into a smile upon seeing Sehun actually up early.

 

 

“Hun...will you help Min Jung get ready for school today?” she asked in the most pleasant voice. Smiling, he nodded before ruffling his own blonde locks, finding it cute how she would always use third person with her own name. He got up slowly, still agonizing over his lost minute of sleep and just as suddenly as the thought had come his alarm rang. His smooth hand heavily fell on top, pressing the button in a harsh way. His feet landed on the wooden floor and walked after his daughter. In the room of the six-year old girl were skirts and shirts thrown everywhere, decorating the once plain interior.

   

“Min Jung-ah...you’re making a mess again,” he said lazily.

   

“I didn’t do it. Hun did it yesterday when he woke up late trying to find me something to wear,” said Min Jung matter of factly.

 

She brought out a pair of navy shorts and watched her dad, a notorious fashion designer nod his head in approval. Oh Sehun, the lead designer at EXOtic Fashion Company, the largest fashion designer of South Korea was a name worth mentioning. Though he is young, he made it big in the company and because of his brilliance in the field it brought the company to even higher heights. Of course he was also handsome, making him appear more on the model catalogs than the models themselves. In some sort, his celebrity-like status had made him well known in the country. His adopted daughter, Min Jung usually waited almost half an hour each morning for the dad of her’s to find an outfit.

   

    “Min Jung-ah, today Hun will be able to pick you up earlier than usual okay? Then we can hang out and have some fun,” he said while smiling.

She squealed upon hearing it and jumped to give him a hug. She picked out another shirt which he approved of and told her he was going to make some breakfast. He walked down to the kitchen where he began to prepare her lunch, then both their breakfast. It wasn’t long until Min Jung made her way down to the kitchen as well, her silky black hair neatly brushed and shirt tucked in. She sat at the table, watching her dad cut apple bunnies into her lunch box.

   

     “Hun, can you put carrots in my lunch too? I like carrots.” Complying to her words, he arranged the apple bunnies to one side before reaching into the refrigerator behind him and grabbing the mini carrots. His cellphone rang and seeing it was from his co-worker Kyungsoo, another fashion designer, he raised his left shoulder to hold it up against his ear for it to stay while he continued.

   

    “Sehun, I’m just calling to remind you that we have to attend a meeting with the board members regarding the expansion to China in about two hours. There’s going to be the head executives from their company coming as well so make sure you’re not late and drop off Min Jung on time today or else I’ll kill you,” said Kyungsoo.

 

“Mhmm...I’ll be at the office in around an hour or so. Don’t worry about it,” he said before clicking off mid yawn. Min Jung stared at her dad busily making the rice balls and giggled to herself when he finally noticed that instead of salt, he had been using sugar.



 

“Min Jung-ah, be a good girl okay? I promise to come get you earlier than usual,” he said.

She stuck out her pinky shyly and he smiled, crossing his pinky with her’s in a promise. She hugged him one last time before running off to join her friends. Sehun stood up and turned around, only to bump right into another woman. She scowled at him but it was immediately wiped off once she recognized who he was.

 

“I’m sorry Ma’am,” he said while bowing.

 

She fumbled with her words. “N-no, it’s me who should be sorry! I didn’t see you Mr. Oh! What brings a man such as you here?”

 

His shoulders shrugged before dismissing himself away from the lady and made his way to his car. Once inside, he felt his phone vibrate inside his pockets. He had received a text from one of the editors of the company. Park Chanyeol, another high authority in the business.

 

To: Oh Sehunnie

From: Park Chantroll

Since you’re still not here, can you buy me some donuts?? My stomach is crying cause I didn’t go home last night TT_TT plz Sehunnie?????


 

To: Park Chantroll

From: Oh Sehunnie

Go ask Baekhyun-hyung or Jongin for food. They always have some stashed up in their offices. Use that as a chance to get closer to Baekhyun and affect him with your gay pheromones.


 

To: Oh Sehunnie

From: Park Chantroll

So mean to your hyung!!! TT_TT FINE! I’ll just go to them…


 

He mentally pat his back in successfully getting the dumb giant to have any sort of excuse to get closer with the guy that he liked. Though he had nothing against gays, he could not see himself with another man. He was yet to find the perfect woman willing to accept both him and his now, daughter. Though his situation was something he’d only open up with his very close friends and family, shunning the public about it.

 

Turning the engine on, he drove his way to the large building consisting of 24 floors. On the top, sat a large sign with their logo shining in bright silver and black letters that could be seen from far off. He entered the VIP parking before running in to the main lobby. The receptionists greeted him as he walked by and he politely gave little bows back before jumping into an already full elevator. The employees were quick to notice the designer and knew what floor it was he needed to go on. As a sign of respect, they decided it would be best to let him go up on his floor first. He thanked them as some of the women blushed and giggled, whispering amongst themselves about how handsome he was. Sehun had to hold back the urge to bite his lips in awkwardness but he was saved by the stop of the elevator. The doors opened and the people parted ways for him to walk through. His long legs brought him to the lounge room where he usually met up with his other colleagues.

 

As expected there seated on the comfortable maroon chairs were Jongin, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo eating something or doing something.

 

“Ah, he’s here. This is the earliest he’s ever shown up,” said Jongin clapping his hands. The rest followed suit and he rolled his eyes before making his way to his favorite spot in the room. Pulling his phone out, he put the darn large thing on the table because he hated sitting with it in his pockets and Baekhyun stole a glance at the wallpaper before smiling.

 

“Aww, that’s cute! You have a selfie of you and Minmin set as your screensaver!” The rest crowded around the phone that had quickly made it into the hands of Baekhyun. The males cooed in a chorused baritone sound before returning the phone to the table.

 

“Sehun, meeting is in thirty minutes. You wanna go down and meet those old guys?” asked Kyungsoo in a joking manner. Sehun laughed and nodded, getting up and putting the phone back into his pockets. Just as they got up, the door swung open and Tao ran in, shutting the door behind him and locking it.

 

“Why is there Chinese old guys here?! Are they here to scout me again? Are they going to cause trouble?!” he asked in panic.

 

“Relax dude! They’re here for a meeting with the designer guys. Just cause you’re a pretty famous model, it doesn’t mean they’re all out to get you like those erted Chinese guys last time,” said Jongin. At the mention of the past, the male made a whiny noise before he moved away from the door and sat in his usual spot.

 

“I was just making sure! Don’t need to bring up the past…” he pouted. Chanyeol turned his attention away from the donuts that Jongin had unwillingly agreed to buying and snickered.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be at a photoshoot right now?” asked Baekhyun, eyes growing wide. The younger tried denying by shaking his head but Baekhyun being the one who overlooked and memorized his schedule, he knew how much his lie wouldn’t faze him.

 

“But the chinese guys! They’re creepy too! I just know it!” he whined. Sehun only rolled his eyes and unlocked the door before Kyungsoo joined him, leaving behind a group of weird people. Though it would be unfair to say that they weren’t weird themselves.

 

They took an elevator together, this time there was nobody but the two and they made their way down to the meeting room on the tenth floor. During the ride, they decided to veto the idea of going to meet up with the board members. It was less work that way. The elevator stopped on the 19th floor and opened. Two woman entered and their eyes immediately glued onto the two famous and handsome designers. Not that no woman and rarely men wouldn’t.

 

“Good morning Mr. Oh and Mr. Do,” said the taller and prettier one.

 

“Good morning…”

 

“Su Hyun. My name is Su Hyun and my friend here is Minna.”

 

Kyungsoo gave another polite bow and Sehun only uttered a quiet ‘good morning’. They continued to descend and Su Hyun spoke again.

 

“Wow you two always seem to be busy,” she said trying to engage in any conversation possible while Minna just stayed quiet, keeping her eyes closed as if she were too busy getting all the sleep she could get.

 

“By the way, Mr. Oh, excuse me for being bold but do you want to exchange numbers?” She winked at him and he sighed.

 

“Sure. Since you’re pretty, I’ll give you my number.”

 

She seemed to be extremely thrilled and Kyungsoo only shot him a look of worry before Sehun shook it off. He took the blue pen in his coat pocket an old receipt he had procured from his wallet and and scribbled his number messily before a ding was heard. Both Kyungsoo and Sehun excused themselves and walked out.

 

“You better know what you’re doing Mr. Oh...don’t forget you have Min Jung,” he said while throwing a glare with his adorable owl-eyes. The latter only responded with a nod before they entered the meeting room already filled with half the board members.

 

“Wow you people actually showed early,” said one.

 

Kyungsoo nodded and faked a smile, hiding the murderous aura that only certain people like the weirdos in the lounge room and Sehun himself could see and feel. They took a seat and once they did, more people began to enter the room, seating themselves around the circular tables and looking up at the front where Sehun and Kyungsoo was seated.

“Alright, let’s start.”


 




♔ A  u  t  h  o  r  '  s    N  o  t  e ♔

AN: Short first chapter cause I'm gonna KO. Will update with more soon! Thanks for subbing and upvoting. I like comments/reviews best XD Tell me what you think so far of it