Everything Works Out

Lost Power

 

 

 

-"So, now that you know each other, I'll leave you to discuss the details" Sooyoung said as she turned her back and waved a hand.

Taeyeon looked from Jessica to her and called.

-"Sooyoung! I can't do this, I already told you that" Taeyeon said.

-"Blah, blah, blah" Sooyoung let out as she got inside the elevator, the doors closed and she left.

An awkward silence set on the hallway. Jessica just kept looking at Taeyeon. Taeyeon was looking at the elevator still, not believing what Sooyoung had just done. 
Taeyeon then looked at Jessica's whose hopeful eyes and excited demeanor were hurting her to the very core of her soul. These were the people she was letting down...the fans. There was not a day she cried or raged by herself. She pitied herself for not being able to do it...to sing.
Jessica suddenly snapped her fingers in front of her face. Taeyeon came out of her daze and furrowed her brow at Jessica.
She was scared, her eyes were looking into her very soul and so Jessica looked away.

-"Aren't you going to invite me in?" Jessica asked.

-"No" Taeyeon answered straightforwardly.

 

Jessica's slight smile was cut from her face and Taeyeon just looked at her coldly.

-"Stay here, I'll be back" Taeyeon stated in monotone.

 

She got back inside the apartment and closed the door behind her.

-"Wow" Jessica let out as she looked at the door.

Is this how Kim Taeyeon is really like? Nothing. To. Do...
Jessica thought. Taeyeon was totally not the same person that they saw singing out to ballads and ocasional y themes.

Who is this person and where did she take Kim Taeyeon?

Jessica unlocked her phone screen, there was a picture of Taeyeon singing. A mic on her hand, beautifully opened. Jessica had taken this picture herself from a concert she had attended. She was beautiful and from all the things that Jessica had imagined, how she had see in her head, this had nothing to do with none of those images nor with the image that Kim Taeyeon showed to the public.
Jessica sighed deeply, suddenly, the door opened and out stepped Kim Taeyeon. With a gray hoodie and sweatpants, hood up and sunglasses. She looked at Jessica then she signaled her to follow her. Jessica did as asked.

Taeyeon and her got inside the elevator, she didn't mutter a word and so didn't Jessica. This was not what Jessica was expecting, but then again, Sooyoung had warned her that this might be so. She just didn't want to believe it, I guess it's the image you create around that person, in the end, Jessica was a fan of Taeyeon's image and not...of the "real" Taeyeon. This was the real Taeyeon, standing just a close distance apart from her, in a gray hoodie and sweatpants. This was her, the cold person, who could stare into your soul and treat you as nothing more than just another annoyance, Jessica unlocked her phone again and looked at the picture that was her constant wallpaper and sign and beacon of strenght. She looked beside her.

This wasn't the same person, these were distinct people and that, that was what Jessica was affraid off, that feeling off disappointment, that you know you might feel but ignore and push down. That feeling had somehow crept up inside her. She looked at Taeyeon.

 

Who Are You? That was the only question that came constantly creeping at the back of her mind. She followed Taeyeon to a small coffee shop just across her building. Taeyeon walked to the tables far on the back and sat down comfortably. She took off her hood and sunglasses and easily called the waitress.
Jessica simply kept looking at Taeyeon as she made herself comfortable. A short waitress with dark brown hair appeared not long after.

-"Who's this, your girlfriend?" The girl said.

-"Ah, no, obviously not" Taeyeon said as she looked at her and scoffed.

Jessica's cheeks turned red.

-"Then why is she like that?" She asked as she pointed at Jessica.

Taeyeon coldly looked at Jessica then back at the girl and shrugged.

 

-"Really, Kim Taeyeon?" The girl asked.

 

-"Really, Lee Sunny"  Taeyeon let out.

-"The usual?" Sunny? Said.

-"Yes" Taeyeon answered again in monotone.

Sunny turned her back as she scriblled on her notepad and left for the counters.

Taeyeon looked out the window. Outside, the rain was threatening to fall any minute now. It was after all, rainy season. Jessica sighed as she looked at her phone. She hoped it only rained after she was home. Then she looked at Taeyeon. Is she going to tell her something, is she going to keep pretending she's not there?
Taeyeon suddenly looked at Jessica.

-"Look..." Taeyeon started but cut herself off. She was trying to choose her words carefully.

-"I don't need a manager right now, let alone one without experience" Taeyeon said as she looked at Jessica,

Jessica looked at Taeyeon. She felt a bit like crying, not only because of what Taeyeon had just said but also because of what she saw, Taeyeon, was trully decadent, she had nothing to do with the person she debuted as, she was two completly different people now. One was Taeyeon for the fans and for the world of music and the other, the dark side of Taeyeon, the cold person who answers monotonically and doesn't care about anyone, or so it seems.
A part of Jessica's heart was broken, she could feel it...

-"I don't want to be the manager of something...I want to be the manager of someone" Jessica said as she got up and left.

Taeyeon furrowed her brow at Jessica's attitude and watched as she left.
Jessica's tears were falling as she left that coffee shop, this was all one bad idea, one wrong attempt...
She would've been better just staying back at the US. In the end, one of the main reasons that brought her here, ended up becoming the major reason she wanted to leave. Why would she stay here if the person that had inspired her heart and soul with her voice was nothing more than a decadent star on a world to small for herself to live in. Taeyeon...was consuming herself, Jessica knew that...

And even Taeyeon knew that...

 

Taeyeon looked outside and watched as Jessica disappeared. She sighed. Why did Sooyoung did this? Why? Wasn't she better off? Her contract would be ending soon, and so she would be jobless. That was no big issue, Taeyeon had enough money to live two lifetimes. Why would she worry?
But now, the appearance of this Jessica Jung, Taeyeon can't understand why Sooyoung wants her back. Taeyeon grabbed her phone and made a phone call.

-"We need to meet" She said as the person on the other side answered the call.