I Wanted To Hate You

Lost Power

Jessica got out of the highway to stop at a resting area. Taeyeon looked at her realizing that she'd stopped.

"I have to go to the restroom"

Taeyeon just looked outside, the past time ever since she'd turned the radio off had been an endless awkward silence that neither of them could end.

"Plus we're running low on gas, so you can go and fill her up while I go" Jessica said.

Taeyeon frowned but didn't say anything, Jessica couldn't see her eyes because she had put sunglasses.
Jessica opened the door and was about to get out when she suddenly stopped and looked at Taeyeon.

"Don't even think of going somewhere and leaving me here" Jessica said.

"That wouldn't be a bad idea" Taeyeon muttered under her breath.

Jessica disregarded her words and got out of the car, she headed towards the restroom area. Taeyeon started the car yet again and went to fill the tank with gas.

"Don't even think of going somewhere and leaving me here" Taeyeon did her best impression of Jessica.

"Aish! This girl..."

"Why am I even here?"

"What am I doing..."

Taeyeon questioned herself as she put the gas into the tank, trying to think about when did she start, when did she start to take orders from Jessica, when had Jessica started to invade her personal space so much that she could tell her what to do. Who the hell was she? What gave her the right to do the things she does at times? She's no one, not her family...literally no one. And yet here she was going a mile road trip with some girl who is nothing to her just because said girl decided to go on this trip. Taeyeon sighed loudly as she finished and closed the cap, she got back in the car and drove back to the restroom area. As she stopped she noticed some guys talking to Jessica.

"Hey baby, why don't you come with us?" 

Jessica glared them.

"No thank you, someone's waiting for me"

Taeyeon kept looking, she knew how to take care of herself.
Suddenly one of them grabbed Jessica's wrist, Taeyeon opened the door and got out of the car. She stood up and looked at them. 
She had a look as if she was going to eat them alive. 

"Oi, it's Kim Taeyeon man"

"I don't want any scandals with a dead beat artist"

They left. Dead beat artist eh?
Well it's true. She wasn't really hurt by his words. Jessica looked at them as they left.
She looked at Taeyeon. Taeyeon didn't met her gaze and simply got back in the car in the passenger seat, waiting for her to come back.
Jessica sighed. She looked at her wrist, he had quite the grip it was all red, it was hurting a bit. She disregarded it and got back inside the car, she kept driving in silent. Taeyeon just had some earplugs on but as her eyes moved around she suddenly noticed Jessica's wrist, it was red and a bit swollen.

"You're hurt, they hurt you"

"Oh, this? It's nothing don't worry"

"Stop" Taeyeon let out.

Jessica kept driving. Taeyeon noticed how hard it was getting for her to change the shifts.

"Jessica stop the car" Taeyeon said.

Jessica pulled to the side and stopped. She looked at Taeyeon.
Taeyeon grabbed her wrist, she caressed the part that was swollen, she pressed it a bit. Jessica shivered a bit with the pain.

"Does it hurt?" Taeyeon asked, looking at her wrist.

"What do you think?" She asked.

Taeyeon gave her a look.

"Yes, a bit" She rephrased.

"I'm sorry" Taeyeon said.

"About what, it's not like it was you who hurt me"

"Better if it had been...only...only I can hurt you"

Jessica stayed silent and looked as Taeyeon pulled out a handkerchief, she tied around her wrist. She looked at Jessica.

"Move, you're not driving anymore" Taeyeon said.

"Do you even know the way?" 

"I used to live in the world too Jessica"

Jessica didn't say anything else. They exchanged places.
Taeyeon kept driving, they were making good time and Jessica presumed they would get there a bit earlier.
She felt so tired, and although she didn't want to admit it her wrist was hurting a bit. She tried to close her eyes and fall asleep.
At some point she really did.

Taeyeon looked to the hill in front, after that, it was Busan.
She looked to the side. Jessica had fallen asleep, she looked so peaceful.
Jessica was keeping her wrist close to her body and Taeyeon knew that it was probably hurting her.
She was supposed to hate this girl...but...she couldn't and to some point she was a bit annoyed at herself.
At her heart, for not doing what she told it to. Jessica could never know...the truth about her.
What would she do, if she ever knew...
That one voice, the voice that had saved her...
Would be gone, she'd never hear it again.

Taeyeon sighed. The city of Busan was in front.
Taeyeon didn't know what Jessica intended to do here, but...
She'd find out.