Sooner Or Later

Lost Power

 

 

Sooyoung was looking outside...
Seohyun was sitting on her desk looking at Sooyoung's back.

-"Do you understand what I've just told you?" Seohyun calmly asked.

-"Yes...you just told me that a great artist...is having a great fall" Sooyoung said slowly.

-"In a way" Seohyun let out.

-"Can't it be cured?" Sooyoung asked.

-"No...there is no cure" Seohyun said.

-"Management of the condition is possible" Seohyun said.

-"But Taeyeon has refused to come to my appointments, since she knew about it all she does is randomly call me and wanting me to meet her..." Seohyun said as she looked down.

Sooyoung looked at Seohyun and opened her eyes in surprise.

-"Why?" She asked.

-"Well, because she wants me to tell her I was wrong, she wants me to tell her there is a cure, that she can manage to get rid of it..." Seohyun said.

-"Can you imagine how it feels like? To know that one day you might not be able to utter a single sound and maybe...not even understand what other people are saying..." Seohyun said.

Sooyoung sat on her chair and spinned around once as she looked up to the ceiling.

-"What are you going to do now?" Seohyun said.

Sooyoung didn't say anything...she kept looking up.

-"I don't know yet..." Sooyoung suddenly answered.

-"Well, whatever you do...I hope you take Taeyeon's feelings into consideration" Seohyun said.

-"I always do" Sooyoung answered.

-"Thank you for the information doctor" Sooyoung said as she shook Seohyun's hand and lead her out.

-"Well, excuse me then" Seohyun said as she left.

Sooyoung paced around the office for a while...


Taeyeon was inside the shower, the hot water hitting her body and cleansing everything...how long has it been since she's had a proper shower? 
She doesn't know. Jessica...she seems different, it's like she's completly another person than the one who came here with Sooyoung.
Taeyeon sighed...Suddenly the bathroom door opened and Jessica came inside. Taeyeon leaned completly against the wall.
Jessica put the towe and clothesl in her hands on top of the small cabinet by the shower.

-"There's a towel and clothes here" She said as she left the room.

Taeyeon turned of the tap and came out from behind the tempered opaque glass. She grabbed the towel and put it around her body. She walked to the sink and looked at her own reflection in the mirror...she put a hand on and sighed. One day...she would no longer be able to speak...no sound would come out.
She would no longer be able to sing her beautiful ballads...she would never be able to sing again...imagining that day scared her...it was perhaps what scared her most in her whole life. When she didn't have singing anymore? What would she have? Nothing? Nothing...
She would have nothing...when you lived and gave your life to singing...when that was gone what you had was nothing. That's what Taeyeon would have in the end.
And that scared her, it scared her not to have anything to lean on, nothing to support herself with...
It felt like she was freefalling into an endless bottomless pit...and it was dark.

Jessica closed the bathroom door behind her and leaned back. Was she right by doing this? Was she gonna be able to change Taeyeon? Would she improve?
Why did Taeyeon act so weird? Why was she constantly putting a hand to ? Why did she mistake Ham for "hand"....it was really strange mistake...something a 6 year old might do...Jessica furrowed her brow. She walked to the living room, Taeyeon's Music Videos's were still playing on TV. She looked at the shelves. Full of trophies but on the back there was a small box a bit of blue paper could be seen out, someone had closed the box wrongly and whatever was inside was sticking out. It was square...Jessica furrowed her brow as she suddenly thought that she had seen that color somewhere before...she streched her arm to grab the box...

-"Don't touch that!"  Taeyeon said as she saw what Jessica was about to do.

Jessica stopped, she looked at Taeyeon.

-"I'm sorry" Jessica said.

-"Sit" Jessica said as she pointed towards the couch. She sat on one end while Taeyeon sat on the other end. Taeyeon looked at the TV, it was herself...she looked at Jessica.

-"Do you mind?" She said as she grabbed the remote. She turned it off.

Jessica just kept looking at her.

-"What are you doing here?" Taeyeon suddenly asked monotonically.

-"Passing time" Jessica answered straightforwardly.

-"What's that?" Taeyeon said as she pointed towards the small bag.

-"I'm staying here...for now" Jessica said.

-"This is my house...you know that, right?" Taeyeon said.

-"You can stop...you don't have a say in this, if I said I'm staying here...then I'm staying here" Jessica said as she looked at Taeyeon seriously.

-"Oh really..." Taeyeon let out sarcastically.

-"Really" Jessica answered calmly.

-"For what purpose are you staying here?" Taeyeon asked.

-"For now...to fix you, later to get you to sing again" Jessica said.

-"Has it ever gone through your head that I may be unfixable?" Taeyeon asked.

-"That maybe I can't be saved?" Taeyeon said.

-"Even if you can't be saved...I'll still save you" Jessica said straightforwardly and looked at her in the eyes.

They looked at each other's eyes for a while, suddenly Taeyeon got up and walked to her room closing the door behind her.

Jessica leaned back on the couch and sighed.


Sooyoung was pacing around in her office.
She had put Jessica in an impossible task...nothing could save Taeyeon, her carreer was over, there was nothing else to be done...
But, was she telling Jessica about it, or not...she has no idea. Sooner or later she might find out, better to find out from her.
Sooyoung pulled out her cellphone and dialed.

Jessica was looking up to the ceiling when suddenly her phone started to ring.
She grabbed it.

-"Hello"