Awkward Amazement

Lost Power

Jessica waited for Taeyeon to get her bags and get out of the apartment. She closed the door and locked it.
She checked it to see if it was locked. Taeyeon pressed the button to call the elevator. As they waited for the elevator to come up, they both fidgeted.
It was so awkward between them...
The elevator arrived, Jessica opened the door for Taeyeon and got in after her. They looked at each other before Jessica pressed the button for the floor.
They were both looking straight ahead. Jessica stole a glance at Taeyeon and Taeyeon stole a glance at her. Suddenly Jessica turned around and started checking her face in the mirror. The elevator stopped and Taeyeon opened the door for Jessica.
Neither of them said a word and Jessica only showed Taeyeon a small smile.
Taeyeon looked down and tried to hide the red hue all over her face. She shook her head.
Wait...did she just blush? What just happened?
No, no, this was not supposed to happen, she's supposed to hate her.
Taeyeon let out a loud sigh as they were leaving the building.
Jessica looked back at her and the first words of the day were spoken.

"Are you okay?" Jessica asked.

To many people a simple question with a normal tone but to Taeyeon, she doesn't understand why but it sounded like her words had honey, like she said that way just for her. 

"I-I'm okay" Taeyeon stuttered.

Jessica walked up to Taeyeon and grabbed her hand. Taeyeon didn't know what to do and was flustered.

"C'mon, let's go" Jessica said, looking straight ahead so Taeyeon couldn't see her blushing.

She can't believe it...she was grabbing her hand. Taeyeon's soft petite hand.

"If you don't feel good, just tell me" Jessica said.

"I-I'm okay, I can walk on my own" Taeyeon let out as she pulled out her hand.

"Okay, the car is just over there" Jessica said.

Jessica opened the booth and put her bags in, then she put Taeyeon's.
She got inside the car and started it. Again, the awkward silence was back.
Taeyeon quickly cut through it.

"How much time is it gonna take?" Taeyeon asked.

"4 maybe 5 hours" Jessica answered straightforwardly.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and sighed loudly at the thought of spending 5 whole hours in the same car as Jessica.
Great, as if things aren't already awkward enough. Taeyeon looked outside the window as the cityscape and cars passed by.
Jessica just tried to focus on the road and not much on Taeyeon. She drove on from the city and then they got in the highway and not even an hour, hour and a half they were already on the outskirts leaving the city, traffic was heavier than expected. Taeyeon let out a second sigh.
Jessica just grabbed a CD and put it in the player. 
It was sooner than later that Taeyeon heard her own voice coming from the speakers. She looked at Jessica.

"Do you want to torture me?" She asked.

"It's torture to listen to your own songs?" Jessica asked coldly. She knew that in Taeyeon's case, it probably was but she still wouldn't back down.

Taeyeon just looked at Jessica in disbelief and didn't say anything.
Jessica started singing her songs in the disk, at first she was singing low, maybe because she felt a little embarassed to be singing next to the original singer, but after a while her mind just went "Heck it" and she was now singing confidently with her best skills. Taeyeon at first pretended that she wasn't hearing but when the disk hit some of her harder ballads...she'll admit, she was impressed with Jessica's prowess. Jessica suddenly stopped singing and looked at Taeyeon.

"Something wrong?" She asked in a dry manner.

Taeyeon did her best to hide her expression and amazement.

"Did you have singing lessons?" She asked.

"In the US, my mom insisted" Jessica answered.

Taeyeon nodded silently. Then she took Jessica's disk out.

"I'm sorry but...I think that's enough" Taeyeon said.

Jessica didn't answer and just nodded.

Taeyeon looked at her wristwatch. Only one more hour had gone through...
Were they ever gonna get there...
Could this be anymore awkward.