Tomorrow

Lost Power

3 months later.

Taeyeon sat in Sooyoung's office.

"Ah, I understand Cho P.D but it's time for Taeyeon's vacation"

"It's what she deserves"

"What do you mean? This album was the best work from Taeyeon"

"Like  I said, promotions are over, if you'll excuse me then"

Sooyoung said as she hung up.

"Tsk tsk tsk, look at this guy, just 3 months ago was the first to make the entertainment news show talk bad about you, now he wants you for an interview"

"I did it Sooyoung" Taeyeon said as she looked at Sooyoung.

"Yes you did"

"But...I'll never sing again"

"You'll find something else, and as a final gift for you I got that something"

"This" Sooyoung said as she passed a file to Taeyeon.

"Wait, this is..."

"I want you to do it, of course I have arranged for miss Jung to go with you"

"I know you two have been dating"

"Since when..."

"Well, for a while. But that doesn't matter"

"What matters is that you are doing this"

"It's the least I could do after 3 months of hard work and the best album of your carreer"

"The last thing I have to ask you is...you have to live life looking forward to tomorrow okay?"

Taeyeon nodded.

"Good, now go, you probably have a lot to pack" Sooyoung said as she got up and walked up to Taeyeon, she gave her a long and warm hug.


Jessica was watching Taeyeon's last appearance on a music show broadcast on TV, she did so well, to other people she would just be singing beautifully but Jessica knew the true effort behind Taeyeon's singing, it wasn't jut about singing properly, everything about her voice was an effort. She didn't have much long before her voice completely faded away, and lately she was struggling more and more. 
Taeyeon sat beside her on the couch.

"It's over with Sooyoung?"

Taeyeon nodded.

"What now?" Jessica asked.

"Well, she gave me this" Taeyeon said.
"This is for an art course in Venice, she got us a house and all expenses are paid by the company!"

"Wow!"

"You loved drawing since you were young right?"

"You once told me that if you weren't a singer you would've pursued arts"

"Well, here's my chance I guess"

"We have a lot to pack, but first" Taeyeon said as she pushed Jessica until she laid down on the couch, hovering over her, Taeyeon planted a kiss on her lips, a long and warm kiss.

"Thank you for not leaving"

"Thank you for believing in me"

"I love you"

"I love you too" Jessica said as she looked deep in her eyes.

"Now get up, we have a lot to pack...it's 2 years in Venice"

"Jessica"

Taeyeon said as she suddenly grabbed her wrist.

"You realize that...I probably won't be able to speak anymore by then"

"Well, I know, I've been preparing for that day and when it happens, of course we'll be a bit devastated, we'll watch your performances and reminisce about now but you'll have something else, there is always something else... life is not restricted to a single choice, there are infinite possibilities..."

"Okay?" Jessica said as she looked at Taeyeon.

"Good, now let's go"

 

After they packed the bags were already in the car and Jessica was waiting for her in the car.
She looked one last time at that apartment which had seen so many phases where she had gone through so much, the place where she had met Jessica, the love of her life, the place where she made her comeback, the place that would eternally keep her voice...
With a tear streaming down her face, Taeyeon closed that door, locking it. Ready for the tomorrow that was to come. 

The End