What's Her Name Again ???

I Hate You Because I Love You

 

Narrator’s POV~

 

It was Friday and today, they were having their P.E period. The students of class 2-A changed into their P.E uniform and gathered at the field. Students’ chattering can be heard by the whole school.

 

You is munching on your leftover bread that you brought along with you from home. Ah Young came later and sat next to you on the bleachers, “I see you’re enjoying your morning today?” She teased.

 

You shot her a look, “Oh heck no.” Ah Young shrugged, “Okay, okay fine! You’re not enjoying it! Happy?” You continued on munching your bread.

 

A half an hour later, the teacher came with a whistle wrapped around his neck. The students stood up and assembled at the centre of the field. Mr. Kang blew his whistle and announced, “Today you’re going to play dodge ball so make a line! One line for girls and another one for the boys! Hurry!”

 

The students scrambled to make a line. After a minute or two, they had perfectly made a line just like the teacher had ordered. “Now the girls go to the right court and the boys go to the left court! Now!” He ordered.

 

They quickly ran to each court and stayed in the line. Mr. Kang blew his whistle, “You can play now. I’m going to handle my business in Jeju Island. Now if you’ll excuse me.” He left right after that.

 

As expected, the boys have started playing the game while the girls were still preparing. A group of girls were piling up into a circle and it looked like they were plotting an evil plan while shifting their gaze towards the new student, Lee Sung Rin. A bunch of nerds could be seen reading their books on the bleachers while tilting up their spectacles.

 

You and Ah Young were hanging around on the bleachers too since they didn’t know what to do. “Hey, ~~~~~~, what should we do?” Ah Young spoke up. you shrugged, “I don’t really know.”

 

“Oh well~ Might as well we rest ourselves during this peaceful morning!” Ah Young rested her head on her arms and closed her eyes, trying to get a nice nap. You followed along too.

 

20 minutes later, the head of the group of the girls just now spoke up, “Hey, guys! Let’s start the game now!” She shouted, calling for the girls that were sitting on the bleachers. You slightly woke up and doze off for a while.

 

Ah Young woke up right after that and rubbed her sleepy eyes, “Aww~ I tawt this would be my best nap~” “Hurry girls!” The girl demanded. Everyone hurried to the court and prepared themselves.

 

The girl came to you and called the others as well. They formed a circle and she told them the plan that they were plotting earlier, “Great. Now, girls. I want you to throw all the balls to that new kid and teach her a lesson.” The girls nodded and went to take the balls in the basket that was located on the side of the court.

 

 

******

 

“HA! EAT THIS, A!” Ah Young yelled and threw the ball aimlessly to anyone that caught her attention. “Kyaaaa!” The girls squealed trying to protect themselves from the ball. When the ball hit a girl directly on her stomach, Ah Young held her hands up in victory, “YEAH BABY! I GOT IT RIGHT WHERE I WANTED IT!”

 

Feeling irritated, You slapped the back of Ah Young’s head. “W-what was that for?!” She yelled, rubbing her sore head. You snorted, “That was for your stupid fantasies.” Ah Young pouted but that didn’t stop her from throwing more balls to the girls.

 

“Aish—yah!” Before you could reach Ah Young, she already bombed the ball towards a group of girls furiously. The girls screamed when the ball hit a short-haired girl that was making a y dance. Ah Young cheered, “OH YEAH! AH YOUNG RULES! WHOOT! THAT’S WHAT YOU GET FOR Y-DANCING IN FRONT OF ME! NOW WHO’S THE BOSS?! ME!”

 

“Yah, Ahn Ah Young!” You strode towards Ah Young who was cheering for herself. You bonked your hand angrily directly on Ah Young’s head and made her paused for a while. “Now be a good girl and don’t hurt people with your ball, alright?” You patted Ah Young’s head. She nodded.

 

“Kyaaaa!” A voice squealed. You and Ah Young turned to the owner of the voice and found the girls were bombarding Sung Rin with balls nastily. Sung Rin screamed in pain and tried her best to dodge it but no one could dodge it if hundred of balls were attacking at the same time.

 

Not knowing what to do, You just shrugged and looked at Ah Young who was doing a happy dance. She awkwardly asked, “What...are you…doing?” Ah Young looked at You and stopped her happy dance and grinned sheepishly.

 

You looked back at the new student and questioned Ah Young, “Hey, Ah Young. What’s her name again?” You thoughtfully tapped your chin. Ah Young gave you a look but eventually, answered back, “It’s Lee Sung Rin.”

 

“Oh~” You nodded while watching the girls ganging up on her. “Aren’t we going to help her?” You asked. Ah Young blankly stared at the scene and shrugged, “I don’t know but might as well we sleep there at the bleachers, don’t you think?”

 

“Sure! Sounds good to me!” You followed Ah Young, leaving the girls continuously throwing the balls onto Yuri.

 

 

>TO BE CONTINUED