It's Not Hate, It's Love

I Hate You Because I Love You

Author’s POV~

 

“So…how was it? What happened to Lee Sung Rin?” you questioned as you pigged out on a pack of chips. “Uhm, well. She went back to her hometown to settle some business there. Remember that day when all of a sudden, she got a phone call from her mom?” Ah Young recalled.

 

You nodded, “Kind of…” “Well, that was the last day we saw her. She left Seoul to handle her parent’s business maybe…” Ah Young guessed. “Ahh…” You tore off another pack of chips.

 

It was Sunday so You decided to stop by Ah Young’s house since she had been whining about how lonely she was these past few days. Ah Young was lying on her stomach, surfing the internet with her laptop on her bed.

 

You was on the floor surrounded by a heap of snacks and crackers, wolfing down the food.

 

“What’s new?” You nodded at the laptop. Ah Young looked at you, “Nothing much. You know…ever since you and Jae Jin dated, you didn’t even care to catch up with my life.” Ah Young pouted.

 

“Sorry~” You cooed as she handed a chocolate cracker towards Ah Young, “Want some?” “Sure. As long as it doesn’t make me gain a weight.” Ah Young shrugged and yanked the crackers to her.

 

 

******

 

“So…how’s life?” Ah Young asked with curiosity. You tapped your chin scrupulously, “Nothing much. I spent my weekends going out on dates with Jae Jin and school during the weekdays. That’s all.” you shrugged innocently.

 

“Righttt…” Ah Young blurted unconvinced at all. “What? It’s the truth.” you lied on your stomach, propping your elbows and rested your head on your palms.

 

Later, Ah Young questioned out of curiosity, “Hey, didn’t you hate Jae Jin so how come you’re datinghim now?”

 

Taken aback by the dreadful question, You laughed nervously, “You know…I don’t think I hated him that time.”

 

“What do you mean?” Ah Young tilted her head in confusion.

 

“It’s not hate, it’s love.” You smiled as you shoved a piece of chip into .

 

“Really?” Ah Young asked again, obviously teasing.

 

“Yeah, I hate him because I love him.” You stated the truth.

 

Ah Young clapped her hands in glee earning a look from You. “Sorry~ Just got worked up about it~” Ah Young scratched her head.

 

After 30 minutes of catching up with their life, You phone vibrated. You wondered who it was from as you flipped the phone open.

 

From: Unknown Number

 

Sorry for not biding you a farewell that time. I’m okay now so don’t worry. J 

 

Your beloved Oppa,

Jong Hoon

 

A tear slid down your cheek. As soon as Ah Young realized you was tearing up, her eyes went wide as saucers, “What’s wrong?!”

 

“Nothing.” You smiled with your eyes b with tears of happiness, “I’m just glad he’s okay now.” Dumbstruck, Ah Young tilted her head to side, “Huh?”

 

“It’s nothing really.” You smiled sincerely. *I hope you’re happy there, oppa…*

 

 

>TO BE CONTINUED