Chapter 1: Our first Meeting.

My One And Only One.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: Our First Meeting.

 

 

 

"Am I dreaming? Someone pinch me please." Jaejoong asked once he stepped out of the conference room, not able to believe what he had just heard.

"Yeah sure! " Said Hana, one of his team workers who were waiting outside, eager to hear the good or bad news he'll have for them, as she pinched his cheek, making him flinch in pain.

"Ya ya yaaaa! How dare you pinch your sunbae this hard? Wanna die? Tssk." He shouted as he pulled away from her, "I would let it slide this time since I'm happy." He added with a wide smile plastered on his face, still rubbing his sore cheek.

"Hahah, I'm lucky then." She joked, poking her tongue out at him.

"So what happened? Did they like our project?" Yangha asked impatiently.

"Like it? Do you mean LOVE it?" He corrected his hoobae, making his whole team look at him wide eyed, eager to hear the news that might change their lives. "You won't believe me if I tell you that our project ranked first. Will you?"

"Don't.tell.me!" Exclaimed Maru, his jaw dropping to the floor.

"Oh.No! You're kidding right?" Hana asked,her eyes sparkling in joy. "it's too good to be true!"

"No I'm not. Why are you so surprised? I'm Kim Great Jaejoong, after all." He said arrogantly, making everybody look at him in disbelief.

"Tssk. As if you did all the work by yourself. Don't you have something called modesty in your dictionary?" Commented Hana, rolling her eyes at him.

"I'm just kidding guys, it's all thanks to your hard work. Thank you all."

"Let's celebrate it! I know a really good place nearby." Yangha suggested. And everybody agreed happily, except for Jaejoong.

"I'm sorry guys I can't join you. Enjoy your time without me. Good night." He excused himself.

Jaejoong was that kind of people who like partying and enjoying their time whenever they had the chance to, but he just couldn't make it that time. He was deadly tired from the hard work, and the lack of sleep only made it worse.

He drove his car wishing he wouldn't sleep out of tiredness while driving, his thoughts occupied by the amount of sleep he could get, after a hectic month of hard work that seemed like decades. 

Once he opened his appartement's front door, he immediately regreted rejecting Yangha's suggestion, and coming home instead. His sister, Jinhee, was sitting on the couch, bitting her fingernails nervously. 

"I won't talk to you until tomorrow. I need to sleep now." He informed her, heading directly toward his bedroom.

He took a relaxing bath and changed his clothes, and when he was about to lay on his fluffy bed that he missed so bad, his feet took him outside his room instead, to find his sister sitting the same way she was half an hour ago, still bitting her fingernails and totally zoned out.

He thought about ignoring her and going back to his bedroom, but he just couldn't. "Noona?" He said waving his hand in front of her face, for her to finally notice him.

"Oh, Jaejoong-ah! When did you arrive?" She asked, moving aside and mentioning for him to sit next to her on the couch.

"About half an hour ago. Why are you here?" He asked her, but she only lowered her head in response, so he added: "Noona, did something ... happen?" She nodded sadly, "did your boyfriend hurt you? I swear I-"

"No Jaejoong-ah," she interrupted him, "Jihoo did nothing wrong."

"So.. what happened? Why are you so sad?" He asked her, taking her hand in his. "I'm all ears, tell me."

"Do, do you by any chance remember my dad's childhood friend?" He nodded. "Do you remember his son?" 

"That chubby crybaby guy? Of course I do. What about him?" He asked, not able to understand his relation with her sadness. 

"Yeah him... he came back from God knows where he was, saying that we should get married and that we were engaged since our early age..."

"W-whaat?" He asked startled. "What do you mean by engaged? Did you ask our parents?" She nodded with teary eyes. "What did they say?"

"They said that-" she cupped her face in her hands, and started sobbing. "Th-they said th-tha... that.." was all she managed to say between her sobs.

Jaejoong wrapped his sister in a warm hug, while patting her back gently trying to calm her down. "It's okay noona. It's okay."

Jaejoong had that feeling that something bad would happen and that he won't be fully happy, but he haven't know that things would turn this way. His sister is that kind of girls who like living freely, without obligations nor commitments, and she already had someone she loves, that's why he thought that it was really unfair to force her into an engagement that she had never knew about before.

After about fifteen minutes of sobbing, Jinhee had finally calmed down. She looked at her little brother and gave him a sad smile. "Do you know what's really funny about all of this?" He gave her a questioning look, so she would carry on. "Jihoo was supposed to propose to me tomorrow." she lowered her gaze to look at her trembling fingers, and then looked away. "Tssk. Life is really unfair. Really."

"It's okay Jinhee-yah. Don't stress yourself over this, and let's give it a thought. I'm sure we can find a solution." He told his sister, who nodded.

They remained quiet for about thirty minutes, until Jinhee's excited voice broke the silence. "I found it!" She said, clapping her hands.

"What? Tell me tell me!" Jaejoong asked, almost jumping of joy.

"So... I have a little plan, but I need your help." He nodded, letting her know that he would help her eagerly. "Jaejoongiie... I have a date with him tomorrow... but the problem is, I have a date with Jihoo oppa at the same-"

"Should I call him to cancel it?" He asked innocently, and she shook her head. "So?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter