Chapter 15: What About Us?

My One And Only One.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15: What About Us? 

 

 

 

 

Since they came to the coffee shop, all what Jaejoong did was talking non-stop, he said everything except things that Yunho wanted to hear, and talking about Jinhee gave him  headache. 

"She she she she. Whatever!" He said annoyingly as he rubbed his temples. 

Jaejoong looked at the black haired man blankly so Yunho assumed that he wouldn't talk about himself unless he initiates things for him, but he wasn't sure whether what Jinhee said the other day was true or not, that's why he couldn't just jump and tell him how he feel toward him.

 

Earlier:

Day by day, Jinhee's worries about Jaejoong's situation grow bigger and bigger.  She could see him throwing the food she gave him, she could recognize that fake forced smile he put on his face whenever she said something that he was supposed to laugh his out after hearing it, and, she could hear his sobs every night. If he continue this way, he might get a serious health problem, and Jinhee couldn't just keep watching as she loses her brother little by little, so she decided to do something for him at least once in her whole life.

 

"Jaejoong-ah! Here I prepared breakfast for you. Eat it okey?"

 

"Okey noona. Are you going somewhere?" He asked half asleep.

 

"Yeah, something important came up,  so I should go to my work place and check it out. Take care." She kissed his forehead and took her leave.

She drove Jae's car, and thirty minutes later, she was infront of a huge building. She went in and asked to meet Yunho, the CEO of the company, but they said that he was too busy to meet her. She waited there for about two hours but none came in nor out, so she assumed that he just refused to meet her because he was still mad at her.

She made a fuss and entered the office, and as expected, he was playing chess by himself.

 

"Oh so that's what being busy means?" She asked sarcastically as she was still fighting with the secretary who didn't leave her go in. He raised an eyebrow and gave her a pure look of disgust. It killed her, but she ignored it.

 

"Who said that you could come in?" He glared at his secretary, "Don't you understand what does 'I don't wanna meet her' mean? Take her out from here!"

 

"Do you hate me this much? Yaa let go of me I can get out by myself!" She said the last part as she pulled away from that 's grasp, and turned toward Yunho's office's door. "You can hate me as much as you want, but you should listen to all what I have to say!" She shouted before leaving.

 

She headed toward the car and was about to drive back home, but her self-conscousness was greater. "Why am I giving up this easily? Jae endured so many things for me, it's my turn now!" She hought.

After a looooong hours of waiting, her eyes caught Yunho leaving the building, with his secretary and some unknown men following him. She run toward him and stood there waiting for him to finish what he was talking about.

Yunho was silently celebrating that he had finally ended his work and had some free time to spend far from the company's problems. He bid goodbye to his employees and was about to get in his car when someone grabed my hand. It was Jinhee.

 

"Please listen to me! I won't take more than thirty minutes of your precious time" pleaded Jinhee.

 

"Even thirty seconds of my time are too precious to waste listening to your bull" he said not bothering to make eye contact with her as he pulled his hand away. He tried to continue his way toward the car but he couldn't as she kneeled in front of him and grabed his leg. 'What's wrong with her?' He wondered. 

 

"Please help my brother! Please!" Her voice cracked.

 

"What have I to do with your brother? Whatever it is, I don't care. Just get lost and never come again." He pulled away and got into the car that started moving seconds later.

As if that day wasn't tiring enough, she came to make his mood worse. Just thinking about her made him angry, talking to her was worst than hell itself. 

As the time passed, he started thinking about what she said. Why would she come all the way to ask me to help her brother? What happened to him? Curiosity started eating up his insides that he wished she would come back again.

She kept coming the next three days and he kept sending her back, afraid of his reaction to what he would hear, until the fourth day when his curiosity attended its maximum.

 

"Okey, let her wait. We'll talk once I'm done working." He told his secretary.

An hour later, he left his office to find her sitting in the reception, waiting for him impatiently. 

"You're finally done! Can we talk now, please?" He walked past her and mentioned for her to follow him. 

They got in my car, and since he was in a good mood that day, he decided to bring her to a nice place and talk there.

 

"So..?" It seemed like she forgot the reason they came here, so he used his voice to remind her. She took a sip of her juice and cleared to start talking.

 

"First of all, I'm really really really sorry for what I did. I didn't mean it that way, it-" he interrupted her.

 

"I don't care anymore. It's all from the past and I already turned this page. If you are here to ask me to come back to you, It's too late and I-"

 

"No it isn't the reason I came here. I wanted to talk about my brother..." she lowered her gaze as she said the last part, and started to play with her fingers.

 

"Ah yeah, you said that day something about helping your brother or saving him or whatever. What do I have to do with him?"

 

She started telling him her brother's 'borring' story of how he protected her and how he did everything to make her happy even if it was at the expense of his happiness,  and how his life turned into hell after what happened that day, how she blamed him for everything and refused to talk to him, that he almost lost his job because he kept skipping, told him that he broke up with his sister and that he was also hospitalized. 

"And... why are you telling me all of this? What does that have to do with me? Want me sort things out between him and my sister? If that's the case, I don't know where is she myself." He told her honestly adding a tone of sarcasm.

 

"Aren't you curious to know why did they break up?" She asked looking into his eyes.

 

"Should I?" he asked sarcastically.

 

"Of course you should because it was all because of you!" What she said made Yunho's eyes widen. 'Because of me? Why?' He wondered. 

"Anyways, what does Jaejoong-ah mean to you?" She caught him off of guard. 'What kind of questions was that?' 

 

"He.. I... Why did they break up because of me?" He thought that asking about the reason of their break up was better than answering that question, because he didn't know its answer himself, and thinking about it made him really confused.

 

"You answer my question first, and then I'll tell you"

 

"Too bad, if you don't tell me first, I'm gonna take my leave and act as if I didn't hear anything from you today." He pretended getting up, and as he wished, she stopped him.

 

"Okey... so, they broke up because... because Jihye found out about.. about his feeling toward you."

 

"WHAT?!" He shouted. He was too surprized that he couldn't control himself. At first he felt so embarassed that everybody started looking at him and wondering why he was shouting, but then all his thoughts went to what he had just heard. He didn't know how to take it. Feelings toward him? It can be love as well as hate, what did she mean by this? He wondered.

 

"Well obviously, he loves you. He is refusing to eat, talk or do anything because he feels guilty for hurting you, and because he misses you so much. What about you... Oppa?"

 

"Does he really... love m-me?"

'Was she saying the truth? What if he really loves me? What should I do? And most importantly... How do I feel toward him?' He couldn't hear what she said next since all he could hear were his screaming thoughts and his fastening heartbeats. 

 

Yunho was too absorbed in his thoughts, picturing different senarios of how Jaejoong would react and what they may become that he didn't notice that his hands started working by themselves. His left hand wrapped Jaejoong's tightly,  while his other hand made her way to Jaejoong's chin and lifted it gently.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter