Meeting

Vampire flower(black rose)

My name is Ayla, I am 16yrs old. By my name you can see I'm not Korean. I moved to Korea 2yrs ago to study. My family stayed back in my hometown. Living alone at an such early age gets a bit scary, especially since I live in a part of the town where old people live. And it wouldn't be so scary if houses from both of my sides weren't empty and old. And it's pretty far from my school, but it is nice, quiet just the way I like it. It is pretty dangerous here, elders keep missing, police don't investigate it because it's pointless they say. But I don't like it. It's weird. I have a well payed part-time job as a waitress and I enjoy it of course when there are no those old creps. About school? God, that place is seriously making me crazy. I don't get bullied but I get teased at my rusty Korean, also I don't have any friends cause ''I don't fit their standard''. Screw that, I preffer being alone anyways.

Since I am really a study freak I often miss the last bus home so I have to walk home, and it's a nice long 20min walk. I really hate when it happens because I hate going through that neighbourhood. Why? Half of the street lamps don't work, half of the houses are empty and look like they're going to collapse every moment now. And police advise not to walk through that neighbourhood at night since there a lot of hungry stray dogs. I never took that warning serious, why would I. (I have a dog myself, his name is Killer, he is a pit-bull. Yes, he sounds scary but he is the biggest cuddle buddy ever. My dog breaks the pit-bull stereotype.) Those dogs wouldn't hurt me, they are probably house dogs whose owners left them to starve to death. I felt sorry for them, I wasn't afraid of them. Well that was a mistake.

Since it is a pretty neighbouhood I decided to take a shortcut, I wanted to get home fast. This was my first time taking that shortcut at night and it was pretty scary. I was walking when in front of me appeared four glowing dots. I took my phone to light up to see what are those, and to mine surprise they were dogs. I felt relieved but that lasted for a second. They stared growling at me and showing their teeth. I thought to myself ''there's no way they're going to attack me. Right? Stay calm, don't make sudden moves and they might leave.'' I stood there frozen from fear, I wanted to run but couldn't, my feet weren't mine. They started taking small steps towards me, my heart was beating so hard it felt like it's breaking through my chest. I took a small step back when I heard another growl, it was bigger and stronger. I slowly turned and there he was. The biggest dog I have ever seen. His canines looked huge and sharp like glass. I gulped my saliva and started to shake from fear. ''Stay calm Ayla, they can sense your fear, breath in breath out. They'll probably go away if I stay put.'' I was wrong. That big dog growled really loud that it made my blood freeze. He took a small step back and just stood there. ''See, he's gonna leave now.'' I thought. Yeah right. He ran into me and knocked me down so hard and I hit my head that it made my brain dance in my skull. He bit my hand really hard and wouldn't let go. But that wasn't the only thing. When he knocked me down the other two dogs decided to join by bitting my leg. It hurt like hell, I cried, screamed, kicked but they wouldn't even budge. They bit through my flesh so easily like it was cotton candy. I closed my eyes tight and gave up. ''That's it. I'm going to end up dead. They're going to find my bones. Wait no. They'll eat the bones too. They'll find my school bag only'' I thought while I was being ripped. Suddenly, those two dogs started whimpering and they let go of my foot. It seemed like they were getting hurt or something. Really fast I couldn't hear them anymore. The big dog that was on me loosened his grip and it felt like someone pulled him away from me. I was to scared to open my eyes but it sounded like that dog is getting attacked like the other two. Everything went really quiet and I was still really scared to open my eyes. The pain was unbearable and I could feel I was bleeding really bad. I felt dizzy and before I passed out I heard a voice calling my name. ''Ayla! Ayla! Stay with me! Do you hear me!?''. I did hear the voice but couldn't respond. I passed out.

I woke up in my bed. How? I remebered what happened last night but my wounds weren't here. There was no trace I was ever bitten or anything that would be a proof I was attacked last night. I was really confused. I was in my payama. ''Was that all a bad dream? But why don't I remember coming home? What the hell happened to me?'' I said to myself. I don't know why but I felt weak so I decided I will stay in my bed until I am completly woken up. Luckily it was Saturday so no school today. My bedroom door were slightly open which was weird. I always keep them closed so that Killer won't enter. I just sighed and turned to get my phone when I turened back the door were completly open. ''what the hell?''. My heart stared beating fast and then! Killer jumped on the bed scaring the life out of me. ''Ya! What did I tell you about my room you idiot! Ah. You scared me you silly!'' I tried scolding him but failed. He just sat on me, and well, washed my face.''thanks.'' I said.''Now move. I have to get up. You'll probably starving''. As I entered the hall I heard dished rumbling and someone humming. ''There's someone in my house?! No way! I always lock it. How?'' I thought. I went back to my room and a bat for security. I took light steps towards the kitchen and I saw that Killer's bowls were full. ''he gave him food? What is the food is poisoned?''.

I sneaked really quiet in the kitchen and ''Good morning Ayla. Did you sleep well? I hope you're all healed up.'' He said with a calm voice. ''how did he hear me?''. i yelled at him ''who the hell are you!? And what are you doing in my house!? And y-you? H-how in the world do you know my name! Y-yeah I am healed up but you didn't anwer my questions'' I said while still holding a bat and yelling. He turned around and what I saw made me almost drop the bat. He looked like something from a fantasy dream. His black hair which perfectly suited him. His chocolate brown eyes which seemed like they're looking right through my soul. And his body was perfectly sculped. ''My name is Hongbin. Lee Hongbin. I was the one who saved you from those dogs last night. I stayed so I could make sure you will be fine. I could at least get a thank you.'' He said with his angelic voice. ''I-it was you?'' I said and felt really ashamed for holding a bat and looking like a crazy person. I lovered my bat and put it on the floor. Something about him made me trust him. ''Yeah. Sorry. Thank you for last night. And sorry for yelling like that'' I was too ashamed of my actions so I didn't even look at him. ''You're welcome. And apology accepted.'' After he said that he turned back to cooking. ''Sit down, breakfast is almost ready. I hope you like porridge''. I listened to what he said and sat down.

I was quiet the whole time but then something came up my mind. ''wait. If he is the one who saved me. that means he took me home and took care of my wounds. And I'm in my payama not in my school uniform. So he saw me!!'' I screamed inside of me. he turned around with porridge in his hand. He held it with his bare hands. How? It was burning hot and he didn't even budge. He gave me the bowl and said ''For your information I didn't see much. I didn't turn the light when I changed you so I didn't see much. Don't be mad''. My mouth dropped open ''how in the world he knew what was I thinking!?''. ''Easily'' he said and smiled to me. ''he knew what I said right now!'' my pupils grew bigger.

''Don't tell me you didn't notice I am not a normal human.'' He said with a slight surprise expression on his face. I shook my head forming a ''no'' answer. ''So, you're telling me that you didn't find it strange I killed those 3 dogs who were really strong. That I knew what you were thinking and that I can hold burning hot porridge without getting any burns?'' he asked. ''W-well… That was weird. I-if you're n-not a human then what are you?'' I sttutered and I got a bit nervous expecting his answer.

He didn't say anything he just stared at me with his piercing gaze. ''look at my mouth'' he said. I looked and there they were. Two long sharp fangs. My eyes wanted to pop out of their place from so much surprise. ''now look at my eyes'' he said once again. I hesitated a bit but I looked. From his chocolate brown colour his eyes turned bloody red. ''did this anwer your question''. I was terrified and I barerly spoke a word ''Y-you are a…'' I stopped ''V-vampire?'' my heart was beating faster. ''what If he kills me now?''  Thought to myself. ''yes. I am a vampire. And no. I won't kill you. If I wanted to kill you I would do it long time ago. Wouldn't it?''. ''I suppose you're right'' I felt stupid for even thinking that.

''But why did you save me anyways? I doubt you were there by accident?'' I asked him while I continued to eat. ''You are right. I wasn't there by accident. I was on the other side of the town when I heard you thoughts. And I wouldn't usually react but it was you so I had to''. ''It was me? What do you mean?'' I was really confused. ''You don't know? Your blood is powerful enough to kill every vampire out there or save everyone. One glass of your blood could keep us going for years. People like you are rare and that's why they are a target. And THEY will do anything to get to those'' he sounded really serious. ''M-my blood? How? And how are they?'' my confusion grew bigger. ''Yes. Your blood. It's because either your mom or dad is a vampire. A really old one. And you were born and you are half vampire half human. In your case your father was a vampire. And THEY are a organization of vampires, old or young doesn't matter. It only matters if they are bad and want to kill every human out there. They kidnap people like you and drain their blood to the last drop''. ''A-a half human a half vampire? What are you talking about? That's impossible. My father left us when I was born. And I thought that vampires are literally frozen. I mean they don't grow old or die, their organs are dead. And THEY. Will the kidnap me too? I don't want to die!'' my eyes were getting teary.

''don't cry'' he comforted me ''I know you story. You real father was killed by another vampire when you were just one year old, he didn't leave you. He tried to protect you because he knew that they are going to get you. Your blood was the strongest when you were born and it will be the strongest when you turn 18, but he also knew he is going to die soon so he found me and made sure I protect you when he dies. I protected you for the past 15 years never exposing my cover but I did now to tell you all of this. I wouldn't do this if you weren't in such great danger.'' I listened to him closely trying my best to understand all of this. I was a normal teenage girl and now I am the most wanted for my blood and this guy. Hongbin was by my side for 15 years and I never noticed him.

''Also. Yes. Vampires are frozen but there is a thing. When we find our soulmate our body becomes alive'' he continued. ''Becomes alive?'' I interruped him. ''yes. The curse we have.(doesn't age a bit, never dies) is partially gone. We are still vampires but we become alive. Our heart beats again. Our organs work and we are able to grow old and die with that person. That's how you were born, you were the creation of true love. But to find a soulmate is hard. Sometimes it takes centuries for that to happen''.

He finished talking and took a deep breath. I don't know how but I took all of that pretty well. I even liked that. ''Ok. I feel relieved knowing this. And did you find your soulmate? And if it takes to find a soulmate so long how old are you?'' I asked him. He looked me in the eyes ''I found her. I waited 15 years for you to grow up so I could tell you my feelings. And about my age. I've been 20 for the past 65 years.''. ''y-you waited me to grow up? So that means…'' he interruped me ''you are my soulmate''. ''How do you know that. What if you're not mine soulmate. I don't even like you!'' I yelled at him while blushing. ''I suposse you didn't look in the mirror didn't you?'' ''is he telling me I am ugly?! That..''. ''no. I am telling you to look at a mirror and you'll understand why you are mine and I am your soulmate''.

I stood up and went to the hall where my mirror was. I yelled '' what am I supposed to look for?''. ''You'll see'' he yelled back. *sigh* ''how Am I supposed to know what to look for''. In that moment I noticed something below my left ear. It was a black rose. I was really surprised by that. I came back and sat down without saying a word.

''look'' he said and showed me the exact black rose on the exact sam spot as mine. ''How am I seeing that just now?'' I asked. ''I had this since the day I became your guardian. You had it the whole time but couldn't see because you didn't meet me. I in the other hand could see it and could easily find'' he smirked at me. ''so, what now?''. I asked. ''Nothing, you will continue your life the way it was but with me by your side.'' He gave me a big smile. '' you don't expect me to like you  so soon'' I said that but I already liked him. That was the problem. I knew him for 2hours and I was head over heels in love. ''Of course not. I am a patient person. I will make you fall in love with me. But *khm* since I already read your mind that will be an easy task'' he gave me a big smile. I didn't even realize I was blushing until I felt my face getting warmer. ''Now when you know everything. Be careful.'' He stood up. ''Wait! Are you going somewhere?'' I didn't think I just said it. He smiled ''Yeah. I have to go. I have stuff to do. Don't worry I'll come to visit you in few days.''.''Oh.'' I let out a sad sound. I walked him to the door. He said bye to my dog and gave me a peck on the forehead and just left. My mind went blank. I spent the entire Saturday sitting on my couch thinking about him. I wanted to stop but I couldn't and I would get even more red thinking about his body, his eyes gaze, his lips, everything…

Almost a week passed and no sign of HongBin. I already thought that everything was a lie until Friday came. I came home pretty late. I took a shower, changed into my payama and made some dinner. I was ready to forget him. I sat in front of the tv and some horror movied. Suddenly  my doorbell rang. It was 23pm. Who the hell goes to someones house at 23pm. I dragged myself to the door and what I saw was terrifying...........