Road Trip

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Still two years ago...

 

Seohyun and Yonghwa were both asleep when the bus suddenly halted.  Yonghwa woke up and saw then bus conductor and driver getting off the bus. The bus has stopped several times already after it left Seoul. It was almost  lunch time, but they were just a few towns away fromJeonju.

 

Aside from the fact that a turtle is faster than the bus, the traffic was heavy.  But Yonghwa was not worried. The bus stopped three times already and it still continued with the trip. Seohyun was sleeping soundly beside him. They had the greatest conversation earlier.  And decided to get some shut-eye since both of them were unable to get some  good sleep last night.

 

Yonghwa noticed the conductor getting back on the bus and loudly announcing.  “We can’t continue anymore. We would be transferring you to the next bus going to Jeollanam-du.”

 

There was a loud buzz among the passengers.  The conductor continued to explain the situation to the passengers.  The dismayed passengers are now angry. Yonghwa grunted.  Talk about comfortable ride to Jeollanam-du, well the good thing is that I have company.  

 

Yonghwa looked at Seohyun. She looked great when asleep. Well she looked great even when awake, thought Yonghwa. She shook Seohyun awake and told her, “We will be transferring to another bus.”

 

“For real?” Seohyun asked.  She wearily stood up and picked her things. They got off the bus.  She saw hoardes of passengers sitting on the side of the road, patiently waiting for the next bus going to Jeollanam-du.

 

It was almost noon and the sun is high and hot. Seohyun took out her umbrella and pulled Yonghwa under it. 

 

The first bus passed, but it was too full and only a few of the passengers were able to get in. Both Yonghwa and Seohyun decided to let the older passengers get into the second bus.  

 

Yonghwa looked at his watch, it was already past one o’ clock, we were supposed to be somewhere near Jeollanam-du now, he thought.

 

Seohyun saw him looking at his watch, “I think you should call her.”  Yonghwa looked at Seohyun, puzzled.   “Your girlfriend!”

 

Yonghwa was surprised with what Seohyun said. They have been on the road the entire morning and they are standing here for almost two hours already and he hasn’t thought of calling Shinhye. 

 

He guiltily got his phone and dialled Shinhye’s number. She answered on the first ring. “Where are you,” Shinhye greeted.

 

“I’m still in Jeonju. We will be transferring to another bus,”Yonghwa explained. 

 

“What,” Shinhye said.  “That’s why I wanted you to take the plane instead or use your car to get here.”

 

Yonghwa shook his head. “I’m alright. I’ll call you again later.” He got off the phone and looked at Seohyun. “Satisfied?”

 

“I didn’t say anything,”  Seohyun reacted.

 

“Let’s eat,” Yonghwa suggested and started to cross the road.

 

But Seohyun went against it. “The next bus would be here soon. We don’t want to miss it.”

 

“I’m hungry and I’m eating. Are you coming with me or not,” Yonghwa said hotly.

 

Seohyun looked so undecided.  She finally raised her arms and dragged her bag behind her.  “You got me. Food is my biggest weakness. Let’s make it quick.”

 

Yonghwa laughed at grabbed Seohyun’s bag. He carried it with him until they reached a small restaurant on the other side of the road.

 

****

 

Like what Seohyun predicted, they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter