Back at Square One

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Seohyun was quietly sitting in the middle of a quiet park, in Jeollanam-du. Yonghwa left her in Gwangju yesterday.  Even though alone, she decided to continue the trip and looked for a hotel room.

 

Soon after checking-in a hotel, soon after her back touched the bed, she started to sob.  She cried until no more tears would fall.  She cried until hurts.  She cried until she fell asleep, in the middle of the bed, with the raindrops softly tapping the window. 

 

Seohyun was dry-eyed when she emerged out of hotel room. She was composed, and the only evidence of her hard night was her puffed and red eyes which she hid behind her sunglasses.  She ate half of her breakfast, emptied out her coffee cup, and left the hotel. She traced her steps until she reached the park where she is sitting right now.

 

Unlike the other parks, this park was small in comparison.  It is far from the bustle of tourists. It was quiet and serene.  Seohyun was seated under a tree. The sunlight was passing through the trees, creating dancing sunlights on the grass. 

 

Seohyun closed her eyes and remembered what happened in the same park six months ago. 

 

****

 

Six months ago…

 

Seohyun and Yonghwa have been together for almost more than a year and a half.  And it was the best and happiest days of their lives. They have been together for more than a year.  Nobody could say it was smooth sailing.  Just like in any other relationships, they would often fight, but theirs would end in sweet moments and trying to make-up for the impatience and harsh words that they would say.

 

Pretty much a normal relationship, Yonghwa thought.  Normal but sensational.

 

They were walking in the middle of Jeollanam-du, early in the morning.  They decided to spend the weekend in Jeollanam-du, to remember the month that they were in a “unlucky” Jeollanam-du trip which changed their lives forever.

 

They were walking hand in hand and absorbing the quiet morning. Yonghwa looked at the woman walking beside him. He felt his heart swelling for the love for this woman.  He doesn’t know it was possible to love this way, or love this much. 

 

Seohyun's simple gestures always get him off guard. Just the other day, a simple breakfast greeted him on the table. A packed lunch with a sweet note on top. Seohyun meticulously prepared it for him, dropping it by at his house, although her apartment was almost an hour away from his home. She showered him with love but never made him feel like a caged animal. 

 

Yonghwa did not notice that he was squeezing Seohyun’s hand.  Seohyun felt the pressure and looked at Yonghwa. She gave him one of those dazzling smiles, “Is there anything wrong?”

 

Yonghwa smiled back and shook his head, “Nothing. I just feel so happy. Let’s take a seat on the bench.”

 

They slowly walked towards The bench under a tree. There was an old couplepassed by that greet them with a smile. And the young couple would smile back. 

 

What a good looking couple, some of them would think. 

 

Once seated, they were greeted with the serenity of the place.  Someth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter