Meeting Again

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Seohyun and Wongeun were walking side by side on the way home. It was almost midnight. Their dinner date which started at seven o’clock, lasted through a couple of cups of coffee and a walk in the park.  It was already midnight, when they decided to go home.

 

Wongeun is sweet, Seohyun thought catching a glimpse of the guy who is quietly walking beside her. But I only met him yesterday. She smiled at the thought, she is not the person who would normally go out with a guy she just randomly met. But then, with Yong Oppa… Her thought trailed, her brows creased. 

 

“You did not enjoy the night?” Wongeun asked her.

 

She was surprised with the question, “What made you think that I didn’t,” she asked back.

 

“Well, your forehead creased and you frowned,” Wongeun demonstrated what she did.

 

Seohyun smiled. “I just remembered something.”

 

Wongeun nodded, “And that something is?”

 

Well, I have to come clean, Seohyun thought. “An ex-boyfriend.”

 

“Aah,” Wongeun said and nodded.  He did not say anything. Seohyun did not bother continue explaining. 

 

They kept walking until they reached Seohyun’s apartment door. Seohyun smiled and faced Wongeun, “Thank you so much, for a wonderful dinner.”

 

“It was nothing,” Wongeun said, smiling back. “I had a great time, too.”

 

Seohyun said goodnight and started to get into the apartment building. Wongeun was carefully watching her. He cleared his throat and Seohyun looked back at him.

 

“Can you go out with me again,” he asked.  It was a great night with Seohyun, and he wanted more than just one date.  He wanted to know more about her.

 

Seohyun looked at Wongeun, seriously thinking. I gave it a shot, one date. Am I willing to take another step?

 

Wongeun interrupted her thoughts, “I’m going to be honest with you. I had a blast. You’re funny and easy to talk to. I don’t know if you feel the same way. But I really wanted to know more about you. I like you.”

 

Seohyun was speechless and she does not know what to say. It’s very rare that a man would be that straightforward with her. Well, except Yong Oppa. The thought angered her.  There were already two instances that she kept thinking “except Yong Oppa.”  It’s about time she takes him out of her mind. He is no longer an exception. 

 

“Well,” Seohyun started. “I’m pretty busy this week, but maybe I can make some time.”  Seohyun took Wongeun’s phone from his hand and started to punch into the keypad.  Wongeun was looking curiously at her.  “I already saved my number.”  After typing on the keying in her number, she dropped in into Wongeun’s shirt pocket.

 

Wongeun broke into a wide smile and took Seohyun’s hands. “You have no idea, how happy you made me.”

 

Seohyun smiled, “Don’t exaggerate.  I only agreed to go out with you more.”

 

Wongeun laughed and his eye smile appeared, dropped a quick kiss on her cheek and said goodnight. “Bye,” Seohyun smiled and waved to Wongeun before she walked inside her apartment.

 

Am I really ready for this, Seohyun thought. She saw Taeyeon and Tiffany, with Khun, sitting on the living room. Obviously waiting for her and to tell them what happened. She looked at her friends.  She thought of her family.  They were all worried about her. Somehow she needs to let them feel that she’s okay.  Well, you’re not going to lose anything.

 

She put on a smile before she walked towards her friends.

 

****

 

“I can’t believe it,” Hyoyeon reacted while sitting on the couch, watching Seohyun while fixing herself in front of the mirror.

 

“What?” Seohyun asked.

 

“That you’ve been going out with Wongeun for almost a month,” Hyoyeon answered.

 

Seohyun paused and looked at the mirror. A month, Seohyun thought. We’ve been exclusively dating for that long?  “You’re keeping count eonnie?” Seohyun asked Hyoyeon jokingly.

 

Taeyeon joined in the conversation, “It’s not that we’re trying to keep you from dating, but, we kind of surprised.”

 

Seohyun sighed. “Why do have to get worried? If I don’t go out, you worry about me. And now, I’m trying to enjoy, you’re still worried about me.”

 

Taeyeon and Hyoyeon looked at each other. “We just want to make sure that you’re doing this, because you want to. Not because you have to,” Hyoyeon told her gently.

 

“Wongeun is a great guy,” Seohyun told her friends, sincerely.  Although, not as great as, Seohyun immediately cut her thoughts.

 

“Rebound relationships rarely work,” Tiffany told her honestly as she appeared in Seohyun's room front door.

 

“We’re not yet in a relationship. It’s just exclusively dating,” Seohyun reminded her eonnies.

 

“We just want the best for you,” Taeyeon countered. 

 

Seohyun looked at her eonnies, they really looked worried about her.  She walked towards them and hugged them. “And I am super thankful for that.” She would’ve gone through everything, without her friends.  Her tears started to swell in her eyes.

 

The she heard the door bell.  “Wongeun’s here,” Seohyun pulled herself, wiping the tears in the corner of her eyes.  She walked towards the door and saw Wongeun, dappy as ever, standing outside the door.Seohyun motioned him to get inside. 

 

Her eonnies greeted him, Seohyun went inside her room to get her purse. She looked at the mirror for the last time. She was wearing an off shoulder, black mini dress. They would be having a fancy dinner tonight.  Put on a brave face, Seohyun said to herself.Smile. She practice smiling and then left her room.

 

Seohyun said goodbye to her friends and walked with Wongeun, with his arm wrapped protectively on her waist. Wongeun was happily talking about his friends and work.  Seohyun responded politely, dropping a few funny comments and smiling at Wongeun.

 

He’s a wonderful guy, Seohyun, why can’t you just be happy with him, Seohyun looked at Wongeun.

 

They stopped in an Italian restaurant. Seohyun looked at place and felt panic. They were dining in one of Yonghwa’s favourite restaurant.

 

“We’re eating here Wongeun-ah?” Seohyun asked Wongeun, her voice slightly wavering.

 

Wongeun brows creased, “You don’t want to eat here? We could look for another place.” Wongeun started to rev the engine up again.

 

Get over it, Seoh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter