Sacrifices

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It was a stifling Monday afternoon, Yonghwa got off a car and instructed the chauffeur to wait for him. He slowly walked towards the restaurant where he and Shinhye are supposed to meet. Will she come,Yonghwa wondered.  When he got into the restaurant, he saw a familiar silhouette sitting near the window. He walked nervously towards the girl and saw that it was indeed Shinhye.

 

Yonghwa sat in front of Shinhye and smiled at her. She’s the girl that I know, said Yonghwa to himself. 

 

Shinhye smiled and asked, “How are you?”

Yonghwa chuckled and showed the gash in his head. “I guess I’m fine.”

“Let’s eat first before we talk,” Shinhye suggested and started to look at the menu.

 

She hasn’t changed a bit, Yonghwa thought.  Well, based on what I can remember. Once the order arrived, they started to eat but nobody started to talk yet.  Finally Yonghwa decided to break the silence.

 

“I have retrograde amnesia,” Yonghwa started.  “There are things that I don’t remember.  But there are things and people, like you, that I could remember.”

Shinhye stopped eating and looked at Yonghwa. “Is this the reason why you wanted to talk to me? You want to know about the things you can’t remember?”

“Yes and no,” Yonghwa answered. “There are things that I hope you could explain. Like, why did I broke the engagement off. I don’t remember why I called the wedding off.  And I really want to see you”

Shinhye was surprised with what Yonghwa said. “You mean you have no idea what happened with the wedding?”

Yonghwa shook his head. Shinhye gave a nervous laugh, “Well, don’t talk to me about it. Talk to your girlfriend.  She knows.”

Yonghwa went quiet and looked outside the window. “But I don’t know her. I know you.”

 

Shinhye was caught off guard. She promised herself she would be on guard and would not let her defenses down. But he said he remembered me, not her. But me, Shinhye thought.

 

“Shinhye-ah, you have to help me,” said Yonghwa.  “My memory is telling me that it is you I’m supposed to be with. Not Seohyun.”

Shinhye placed her fork down and looked at Yonghwa. “You’re just confused. Why don’t you just talk to Seohyun and get it over with.”

Yonghwa placed his hand firmly on the table. “I need you,” Yonghwa said and held Shinhye’s hand.

 

 

~×~×~×~×~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter