In Nature's Hand

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the old lady, who introduced herself as Park Misun, left them in a small room with one bed, Seohyun immediately squared it off with Yonghwa.

 

“Since we already have one bed,” Seohyun. “I’m taking it.” Seohyun plunked her bag on the bed. But Yonghwa quickly took the bag off the bed.

 

“Oh, no,” retorted Yonghwa. “It was you who got us into trouble. So I am taking the bed.”

 

Seohyun’s mouth became wide open and she watched while Yonghwa sat down on the bed.  “What a gentleman,” Seohyun said sarcastically. She sat down on the bamboo bed and looked at Yonghwa. “If you did not insist on eating lunch, we would be in Jeollanam-du right now.”

 

“Well, if you did not insist on hitch hiking, we could’ve gone back to Seoul and not in the middle of nowhere without any money,” Yonghwa answered back.

 

They were facing at each other, daring each one to come up with a better answer, when the door started to open. Yonghwa quickly placed his hand on Seohyun’s waist and pulled her towards him. Seohyun was surprised with the gesture and was about to say something when Misun Ajhumma came inside the room with a blanket and two pillows.

 

“Is everything okay,” asked Misun Ajhumma.  She handed the blanket and pillows to Seohyun.

 

Yonghwa quickly answered, “Oh, there’s nothing wrong.  Thank you very much for being so kind and letting us stay overnight.”

 

Misun Ajhumma nodded and said before leaving the room, “When you’re done changing clothes, join me in dinner.”

 

Seohyun immediately pulled away from Yonghwa when Misun Ajhumma left the room.  She stood up and said, “Since nobody would like to give in, I say we share the bed.

 

Yonghwa raised an eyebrow. This lady could be shocking sometimes, he thought.  “It’s okay with me.” He got his bag and started to look for a pair of shorts.

 

What, Seohyun thought wildly, he was supposed to refuse! He should’ve thought that it is inappropriate to sleep besides a woman who is not his fiancée. This man is so infuriating.Seohyun gasped when he saw Yonghwa taking off his pants and quickly turned her back from him.  “What are you doing? You could’ve warned me,”  she said angrily.

 

Yonghwa tried to control his laughter behind Seohyun’s back. After changing into shorts, he walked towards her and whispered in her ear. “You have to get used to it, wifey. Besides you’ll be snuggling with me the entire night.”

 

Seohyun blushed and quickly turned around to chuck this infuriating man but found him already on the door.

 

“Be quick, my beautiful wife,” Yonghwa said sweetly. “You don’t want to keep Misun Ajhumma waiting.”

 

Yonghwa immediately closed the door before he could get hit with a flying a pillow.

 

****

 

It was almost seven o’ clock in the morning, the next day and here they are in Misun Ajhumma’s store, trying to sort the fruits in the old lady’s stand.

 

Yonghwa dropped a box with fruits when he saw Seohyun sitting besides the stall, trying to take the ants out of the fruits.  He could not help but smile. Last night at dinner, she walked into the small kitchen wearing a pair of shorts and red shirt. She has dried her hair and it was flowing freely, untied in her back. She smiled pleasantly when she entered the room. She’s so beautiful, just like a Goddess. Yonghwa remembered. 

 

After their dinner, they were talking to Misun Ajhumma and doing their best not to get back into the room.  Eventually, Misun Ajhumma shooed them away, telling them that they should sleep early since the vehicle would leave at four in the morning. Yonghwa went inside the room first and lied down on the bed. 

 

He was thinking if Seohyun would seriously sleep beside him. He was thinking about sleeping on the floor, when Seohyun came inside the room. Without saying anything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter