Coming Home

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Nine years ago...

 

A nineteen year old good-looking boy can be seen walking lazily out of the airport. The only flaw in his features would be his crossed eyebrows, expressing his displeasure.  His disposition is obviously not good, it could be from the fact that it is extremely crowded in Seoul compared to the Busan. Or perhaps he is trying to remember his frustrating conversation with his father before he hopped on the plane back to Busan.

 

“I don’t want to go there. I don’t know anybody there, aside from you,” he argued.

“Your eomma will be there by next month,” his father reasoned out.

“But I don’t want to be there. Besides, I’m in the middle of my college applications,” he tried to insert his education as an issue in an attempt to sway his father’s decision.

 

“Yonghwa, I told you,” his father answered quickly.  “You’ll get into any university here easily.  Any university here in Seoul.”  His father reiterated the last part, because he knew Yonghwa would insist on studying in Busan.

 

Yonghwa’s mood is not improving, in fact it’s getting worse.  His father decided to set-up a business in Seoul.  The old man thinks that this is a great opportunity for Yonghwato experience life in Seoul, after all, Yonghwa was originally born there.  His mother and father met in Seoul and decided to moved in Busan because his father is from Busan.

He crashed down on the lobby chairs trying to pass time.  His father would be picking him up.  He noticed that a lot of girls were glancing towards his direction and trying to catch his eye.  He overheard two girls whispering to each other trying to figure out if he’s an upcoming idol.  He stood up when he saw a familiar bluish black car stopping in front of the glass doors.

He was welcomed in a big hug by his father.  Yonghwa smiled, the only good thing with staying in the Seoul would be being close to his father again.  They have a very close bond between them. Well, at least I have something to look forward to, Yonghwa assured himself.

 

***

 

On the other side of the airport, a petite and beautiful girl was anxiously pulling her luggage.  It’s her soft facial features, pointed nose, curved lips, milky-white skin and sparkling pair of eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter