She’s Out of My Life

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Yonghwa was seated in the patio outside his home.  He was looking from afar, Shinhye meanwhile, was on the front of her laptop pouring over her work.  Yonghwa's thoughts were filled with the episode a week ago. 

 

Wongeun kissing Seohyun. 

 

No matter how many times he tried to shake the images off, it keeps coming back. And he is seriously getting irritated.  Right after Yonghwa’s and Seohyun’s conversation, he drove off in fury.  He cannot tell why he was so angry. That makes him even more frustrated.  He knows that Shinhye is feeling his frustration. She tried to be calm and tried to take it lightly. 

 

Last night he had another dream.  This time he remembered it clearly.  Seohyun and him were swimming together, he was trying to teach her how to swim.  Instead, she succeeded in almost drowning him because she kept on grabbing his hair.  She was doing this while they were swimming around the pool, with her clinging  on his neck. They kept on moving back and forth.  When he woke up, he thought that the dream was real since he was feeling muscle pains all over his arms and legs.

 

Was it just a dream?  Yonghwa thought. The dreams looked so real and so true, that he honestly thought that they were no longer just dreams. 

 

Yonghwa leaned back on the chair. His phone was playing Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard loudly.  His fascination with his music has completely taken him by surprise.  The song ended, he grabbed his phone, intending to play it again.  Shinhye looked at Yonghwa clearly irritated.

 

“Don’t tell me you’ll be playing that song again?” Shinhye asked, with a trace of sarcasm in her voice.

 

Yonghwa did not say anything, instead, he just hit the play button. Shinhye grabbed the phone from his hand and turned the song off.

 

“If you will be listening to that song again, use earphones,” Shinhye retorted. “You’ve been listening to that for an entire hour and for the entire week.  It’s getting on my nerves already.”

 

“What’s wrong with you,” Yonghwa reacted. “It’s just a song.”

 

Shinhye stood up and turned her laptop off. She collected her things and prepared to leave.  Yonghwa stood up and followed her.

 

“Where are you going?” Yonghwa asked, walking behind her.

 

“I’m going home. Obviously, my presence here is not important,” She said walking towards the door.

 

Yonghwa grabbed her arm. “What do you mean? I’m not saying anything against you.”

 

Shinhye shook her head. “You’ve been ignoring me for the last few weeks. You are always occupied with something else, you forget about me.”

 

Yonghwa looked at Shinhye. He was never conscious of that. He has always been with Shinhye. “What do you mean by ignoring you? I’m always with you.”

 

“That’s the problem Yonghwa,” Shinhye said in frustration. “We’re always together, but you were never really with me.”

 

Shinhye turned and walked away, leaving a befuddled and more frustrated Yonghwa.

 

****

 

“You’re seriously not doing this,” Jungshin reacted.   the boys were in the girls’ apartment.

 

“Yes, Jungshin Chingu. I’m really doing it,” answered Seohyun.  She was walking back and forth, getting things and clothes from her closet, packing them on a open suitcase.  Tiffany and Nichkhun exchanged glances.  Hyoyeon could not hold it any longer.

 

“Why do you have to leave now?” Hyoyeon answered.

“We just knew about this yesterday.” Taeyeon interrupted.

 

Seohyun sighed. She knew that her friends would not be taking her decision lightly. Her family took the shock better. Maybe it is because her parents did not witness how devastated she was after what happened with her relationship with Yonghwa. It’s perfectly natural that her friends who saw her moping the last few months would be shocked about her sudden departure.

 

“I told you, something came up. I have been waiting for this opportunity for a long time. I’m not going to let it pass,” Seohyun tried to explain.

 

“It’s just such as shock,” Nichkhun tried to speak for her friends. “You’re doing well with your job, you’re even starting to get your social life back. And then suddenly, you’re going to leave?”

 

Tiffany nodded vigorously, agreeing with his boyfriend. “We thought everything is okay,” she gently said.

 

Seohyun sighed, I thought so too.  “I told you this is completely professional.”

 

“We can’t change your  mind?” asked Jonghyun for the hundredth time.

 

Seohyun smiled. “No Jonghyun Oppa, I won’t change my mind.”

 

“Does Yonghwa-yah have something to with this?” Nichkhun asked.

 

Yong Oppa would always have something to do with everything, Seohyun tought. “No,” she said. Trying her best to sound confident and putting up her best smile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter