The Tragedy

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A tall and handsome man was weaving through the throngs of people who are impatiently waiting for their luggage in the airport.  He is excited to go home. He went to Los Angeles for two weeks to visit his brother and he was as excited as him to go back in Korea. 

He thought that his one and a half weeks of stay in LA was the longest vacation, ever.  His brother, Jung KyungHo, was shaking his head whenever he would notice him fidgeting with his phone even if he just finished making an overseas call to talk to her. 

 

“If you really miss her that much,” KyungHo said exasperatedly.  “Why don’t you just go home?”

 

He looked at his brother tentatively.  He doesn’t want to hurt his feelings. The last thing that he wanted was to make his brother think that he does not love or like being around with him.  KyungHo laughed when he saw his expression, “It’s not as if I’m driving you away.  I know you wanted to see her. So why don’t you just go back to Korea.  I’ll be there in a few months, too.”

He hugged him tightly and immediately made two phone calls.  One, to the airline customer rep to have his ticket changed into an earlier flight and second, to the girl he wants to see so much. 

He smiled silently when he remembered how his brother was laughing so hard when he was packing his things.  You’re like a kid who’s going to meet Santa, he joked.  He threw a pillow at him.  But what he said was true.  He was so excited to go back to Korea.

Once he spotted his bags, he grabbed it and walked towards the door.  He immediately grabbed his phone from his back pocket and started to dial a familiar number.  It rang twice before a sweet voice answered the phone.

 

“Hey, I’m in the airport now,” he said excitedly. “I’ll be at your apartment in a few minutes.”

He heard a squeal of laughter and then a touch of panic in her voice, “I haven’t cooked anything yet  Oppa. I just finished cleaning the apartment.  I have to take a bath first. I stink.”

He could not stop laughing with what she said.  She always make him smile. “You always smell nice,” he assured her.

He heard her laughing and saying, “You’re saying that because you want me to give you a massage you later. Why don’t you go home first? Oppa, I’m sure you’re  Parents are waiting.”

 

He was walking in the parking lot, trying to figure out where he left his car.  He would always leave his car in the airport parking services especially if he was just staying abroad for a couple of weeks.  He does not want to bother his parents, who are too busy with their business. 

 

“I already called them and told them that I’ll be meeting you first,” he said as he spotted his parked vehicle.  He stopped in his tracks and asked her, “Why is it that you don’t want me to go there? Are you hiding something from me.”

Instead of feeling insulted or angry, she burst into another fits of laughter. “There’s nobody here, you jerk.  I’ll be waiting for you.  I miss youOppa.”

His heart melted in her last words.  He fumbled in entering his car keys into the door.  He smiled and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter