Love Guru Strikes Again

Tales of the Red Lion

The next day, to everyone's moans and complaints, the sky began to darken and turn cloudy. By ten o' clock, it was raining hard and the teachers were forced to cancel the hiking trip we were planning to take.

"This !" Gaesuh whined. I was sitting with them in the hotel's lobby, lounging in the comfy red armchairs and staring out at the rain-splattered windows thoughtfully.

Suddenly, there were whispers and giggles of delight. "Omo, it's Beast!" The girls swooned.

Heemin nudged me. "It's your boyfriend, Ringo!"

I flushed red and looked up. Hyunseung was there, of course, and when he saw me he headed straight towards me.

"Did you have a good sleep?" He questioned, his polite self as usual.

"Yeah. You?"

"No. Those idiots wouldn't shut up. I almost locked Yoseob outside."

"If you did, I would have slep with Ringo," Yoseob said smugly. Hyunseung scowled.

"Ringo, you would have let me in, right?" Kikwang grinned.

" no, kid."

"Awwww, meanie pie."

Doojoon was frowning, which was weird. "What's up?"

"This isn't right!" He exploded. "You and Hyunseung should be lovey-dovey and touchy-feely, and cuddling up with each other and kissing and stuff! You're acting completely normal!"

"Get lost, Love Guru," I snapped.

"Amen," Hyunseung added calmly.

"Not right, not right, not RIGHT!!!" Doojoon kept complaining, before his eyes suddenly lit up. "Wait....." He disappeared for a few seconds and then reappeared, looking positively maniacal.

"You guys, over here." He gestured for Gaesuh, Heemin, Jinae, Kikwang, Dongwoon, Yoseob, and Junhyung to come over into a small group. They whispered furiously with each other, before Junhyung suddenly jumped up and growled, "I've had enough of this , I can't take it anymore" and stomped outside.

"Yah! JUNHYUNG!" I yelled after him, but he ignored me. "What is that thinking? He's gonna get soaked!" I turned to glare at Doojoon. "What did you tell him, anyway?"

Doojoon sighed. "Looks like THAT didn't work. Hey, anyone wanna play cards? I brought poker chips."

"All the way!" Kikwang immediately took a seat. I stared in annoyance as everyone gathered around to play poker, completely ignoring the fact that Junhyung was outside alone in the rain. These idiots really had no hearts.

"Let me borrow your umbrella, Jinae," I said.

"Sure," she agreed without even looking, her eyes glued to the pack of cards as Doojoon expertly shuffled the deck.

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed the umbrella and ran outside. I flinched at the cold, wet rain splashing against my legs and opened the umbrella. Shielded from the majority of the rain (although the legs of my jeans were soaked in minutes), I walked around until I found Junhyung standing alone outside of the hotel, staring out into the street in front of him.

"Junhyung!" I called out to him. He turned to look at me. "What's up?" I asked. He just stood there dumbly, slowly getting drenched in the rain.

I walked over to him and held up my umbrella so he was under it. "You're going to get wet. I don't think you want to be sick."

"Ringo........." He whispered. "I................I think..............."

"What?" I prompted him.

"I think I............"

Suddenly, he wrapped his arms around me. In my shock, I dropped the umbrella. The rain blurred my focus, but it couldn't cool down the heat that crept up to my cheeks. "W-w-what? What are..........."

"I think I................love you.............." He whispered.

********************

"Th-that is.....I-I......w-what?" I could barely comprehend what he was saying. Junhyung loved me? What? When? Why? Where? HOW? What the flipping hell was going on here?

Junhyung held me even tighter, pressing me against the wet fabric of his shirt. "I've always......loved you. And......I won't let you.....be with Hyunseung."

"N-now hold on a second!" I stammered, feeling the heat rising rapidly into my face, as I desperately tried to push him away without success. Damn weaknesses. "W-what are you trying to say?"

"LET GO OF HER!!!!!"

I jumped and looked up as Hyunseung came running over, his hair plastered to his face from the rain and his eyes glittering mutinously.

"Don't you dare touch her," he growled at Junhyung.

"Says who?" He shot at him.

Hyunseung grabbed my arm and pulled me right into him. "Says me," he snapped fiercely. "I'm her boyfriend."

"Really?" Junhyung glared at him. "Then prove it."

Hyunseung glared right back as if to challenge him. Before I could put even one word out of my mouth, he suddenly grabbed my chin and kissed me. Like, on the lips.

I felt fire spread throughout my entire body. Sure, it wasn't like a make-out heavy french kiss or something like that, but it was a KISS. My first one. And Hyunseung was giving it to me.

I didn't know whether I should punch him in the face or kiss him back. Maybe I should do both?

Suddenly, I heard clapping. Breaking away, I looked up, bewildered, to see Junhyung applauding and laughing his head off.

"W-what?"

"It worked!" He said gleefully. "Doojoon was right!"

There was a long silence.

"......Doojoon?"

Junhyung shrugged, grinning wickedly. "He told me to lure you out here and pretend to confess love to you, so Hyunseung will get jealous and suspicious and catch us in the act and then kiss you out of anger."

Silence. Then.........

"THAT BASTARD!!!!!!"

I was running back into the hotel before they could say anything else. And, let it be known to you readers, I jumped right into their poker game -- like, literally RIGHT INTO IT, I jumped onto the table -- and proceeded to beat him up as much as I could without revealing my hidden gangster.

**********************

"Were you seriously confessing to her, or was that pretend as well?" Hyunseung asked Junhyung. Considering they were both soaked already, they decided to just stay outside for a bit.

"Dunno. Maybe. I was playing along with what Doojoon told me to do, but I guess I was also telling her my real feelings too." He shrugged. "Whatever. Not like I was expecting her to agree anyways."

For the first time, Hyunseung felt a bit of regret. He placed a hand on his shoulder. "Sorry, man."

"Don't be," Junhyung shrugged again, giving him a small smile. "It's just a crush, I'll get over it. But when I get a girlfriend, she's gonna be prettier than Ringo."

"That'll be hard to find," Hyunseung said with a faraway, blissful smile, completely unlike anything he's ever done before. Then he turned around and the two walked back together.