Pointless Battles and Little Brothers

Tales of the Red Lion

It was boring without Beast. I spent the entire day fidgeting and wondering if they were going to come back with injuries again. And to be honest, I wasn't feeling too good about Teen Top fighting either. Those guys were gangsters, but they were such lighthearted idiots I couldn't help but think they're just like my brother. 

Speaking of which, I felt pretty bad. Since I never really had friends before back in Pusan, I always played/fought with Baejun. Now, I'm completely tied with the whole Beast-Teen Top war, DBSK randomly coming in and stealing my time every few days, and not to mention keeping the oblivious Gaesuh, Heejin, and Jinae trio happy and oblivious.

In fact, I barely even remember last saying hi to Baejun. 

Poor kid, he's only seven.

I decided that I would talk to him a bit about Seoul Elementary school when I got home. He may be a pest and all, but he was still my little bro.

"Ringo-ah, do you want to come to the mall with us?" Gaesuh asked.

"Eh? Ah, no, it's okay. I better get home." 

Gaesuh gave me a sneaky grin. "Oooh, I know why. Cuz Beast told you to, right?"

I snorted. "Hell naw! I do what I want!"

"If you say so," she sang. "But I think you're doing it for your them. They told you to stay at home, didn't they?"

"I guess I am," I said lightly. I knew better than to argue with Gaesuh, even if she's totally wrong.

"Well, either way, I'm off now." I said to her. "Say hi to Heejin and Jinae for me, okay?"

"See you tomorrow, Ringo-ah!" She said cheerfully. I gathered up my books and the second the bell rang, I was off. 

I saw Im Raehi as I was passing by. She gave me a death glare and I stopped. 

"What? Found something else to blame on me?" I asked rather rudely.

"You truly are a despicable creature," she said loftily, flicking her hair away from her face with a haughty expression.

"Did you seriously just flip your hair? That is so in the movies."

"Shut up, you!" She sneered hatefully. To be honest, this whole popular-girl-hates-newbie-hanging-out-with-hot-guys scenario was getting old. I mean, how many manhwa and fanfiction have already done that? "Look, why do you hate me so much, Raehi?"

Raehi just glared at me before stalking off. Huh. Guess she had no answer to that.

Shrugging, I continued on my way. If that wanted revenge, she would have done something much more than just glaring at me every time she saw me in the hallway.

I left the school and headed home. "Umma!" I called.

"You're home already, dear?" Umma walked in, as usual wearing an apron and oven gloves. "You're home early today. Usually you bring along those darling boyfriends of yours, or you go to the mall with your girlfriends."

"I really can't stand the way you say 'boyfriends' and 'girlfriends', umma," I said sourly. She just laughed. To be honest, I liked it when umma laughed. She looks young for her age, but when she smiles and laughs she looks young enough to be my sister. Which would have been awesome, since I've always wanted a sister. "If you say so, darling."

"Is Baejun home?"

"Yes, he's playing video games in his room."

I went up to his bedroom and opened the door. Loud gunshots and explosions awaited me.

"DIE, DIE, DIE!!! TAKE THAT!!! NOOOO, WAIT, YOU IDIOT, NOOOOOOO --" Baejun threw down his controller in disgust and noticed me. "Oh, you're here?"

"Yes, I'm here, you little brat. Move over." I sat down next to him and grabbed a controller.

"Who said you could come in, noona?" Baejun asked cheekily.

"Nobody, you rat. I allowed myself. Now hurry up and start the game. I'll beat you into the dirt in fifteen seconds."

"Ha, you're on!" Baejun grinned.

Ten minutes and several furious battles later, we took a quick break and headed downstairs for milk and cookies (yes, I reserve the right to be a little childish sometimes). 

Dipping my Oreo cookie into the milk, I said, "Since when did you start playing COD, brat? What happened to the cute widdle crybaby you used to be?" I remembered back in the beginning of the year he cried when I threw a pillow at him. Now he was suddenly playing first-person shooters? What the hell?

"Shut up, Ringo noona," Baejun said back, smiling like a cute little angel. "All big kids play it, right?" Damn, this kid was evil. Then his smile slipped off his face and he started to sulk. "It's not my fault you haven't noticed me. All you do now is play with Beast hyungs or your other friends."

Awww, now I feel totally bad. I ruffled his hair. "Looks like you're growing up. Soon, you're going to be my age and you'll be in lots of trouble from umma and appa for sneaking out at night to make out with girls."

"Ewwwww!" He exclaimed, wrinkling his nose. "Girls are gross!"

I snickered. He instantly looked ashamed. "Noona isn't gross."

"Oh, thanks, so you don't see me as a girl?" I joked. "Come on, let's go play COD. I'll pown you this time around."

"Yeah right, noona!" Baejun said cheerfully, dashing up the stairs. I ran after him, smiling. Hanging out with him wasn't that bad after all.

****************************************************************************************************************

After about an hour of nonstop violence, shooting, and screaming, Baejun wore himself out and fell asleep. I picked him up and carried him back to his bed, feeling all motherly and . Honestly, playing all these games just because they're fore 'big kids'? 

Speaking of big kids, how were Beast doing? Were they really that strong? To be honest, I never actually saw them fight before, except for that one time when Junhyung challenged me. And then afterwards he almost.......

My cheeks burned red. I did not want to remember that.

Either way, where were they fighting again? I remember Doojoon saying something about how No-Man's Land was the scheduled place to fight, unless you wanted to do a sneak attack. Now, that place was........

I finally found the large, empty lot of grass and cracked pavement. Hiding behind one of the many old warehouses, I peeked around and saw them fighting. My eyes widened.

The problem with gangsters I found in Pusan was that they were all too 'honorable', which meant they were stupid asses who only fought me one at a a time, guaranteeing me a certain kill. When it was just Junhyung facing off on me, it was almost too easy. But to be fair, he didn't seem to be trying that hard at the time either.

But fighting together.....Beast looked unstoppable. Even I thought I might have a hard time if they came at me all together.

When Chunji lunged for Kikwang, Doojoon would appear and kick him in the stomach. At the same time, Kikwang would swiftly roll to the other side of Doojoon to take out Changjo. Covering for him would be Dongwoon, who looked grim and determined as he battled it out with Ricky. And then Junhyung was off against L. Joe, both looking rather even-matched. Junhyung was stronger, but L. Joe was faster.

In one split second, I gasped aloud when I saw L. Joe managed to bring Junhyung to the ground. L. Joe was faster and looked like he could pull off more fighting plays. 

Then Hyunseung arrived. The strategic side was now even.

With Hyunseung's help, Junhyung managed to take down L. Joe. I watched the battle closely. Sometimes, it would get so intense my knuckles would turn white. It was kind of hard to see cute and babylike Yoseob pouncing like a tiger. 

This was ridiculous. I had to stop this fight now. From what I could see, both sides were suffering from even worse wounds. I could have sworn Junhyung's arm was fractured.

Running out onto the field, I shouted, "STOP THIS NOW!!!!"

The fight paused. Both gangs stared at me in shock. "Ringo-ah! What the hell are you doing out here?" Doojoon yelled, spitting out some blood. I scowled, my hands clenched into fists. 

"This is so stupid! Why the hell are you guys even having a war for?"

"For you," Everyone said in unison. I blushed. "W-what the hell? D-don't say stupid things, you idiots!"

"Aww, she's blushing." L. Joe grinned. "See, she is totally in love with me."

"Over my dead body, scumbag!" Yoseob fired up immediately. "Damn straight!" Junhyung yelled as well. "Go back to your hole, you Pepto-Bismol-head!"

"Excuse me?" L. Joe hissed, looking extremely insulted. "You know you're just jealous about my hairstyle!"

"Your mom is jealous of your hairstyle," Yoseob shot back.

"What the hell? That's such a lame comeback, it's not even funny!"

"What's lame is your comeback is about my comeback! Oh, wait......now mine is too. Ah, ."

"WILL YOU DORKS JUST SHUT UP ALREADY?" I yelled. "And don't say something like that again," I added. "It's stupid."

"What are you talking about?" CAP asked, shrugging. "We are fighting for you. Whoever has the Red Lion on their side will instantly rule over Seoul. The other three kings would be powerless."

"I don't care!" I shouted furiously. "You guys are just getting yourselves beat up over something that would never happen! Why can't anyone understand that I don't want to be a gangster anymore?"

"You can't run away from something like this," Hyunseung said quietly.

"Hell I can! Watch me! The entire reason why I MOVED here was for that reason only! I don't do gang fights, I don't do wars. I'm through!"

"You can take Ringo-ah out of the fights, but you can't take the fights out of Ringo-ah." Kikwang said with a cheeky grin.

"Shut up, you!" I snapped at him.

"Look, we can't just stop a war once it's started," Niel said a little bit irritably. "You ought to know this, Ringo-ah."

I gritted my teeth. It's true. Gangster rules are law. Once a war has started, it only finishes when one side emerges victorious.

"That's stupid! No matter who wins, I won't join their gang anyway! It's a completely pointless battle! Just stop it already!"

"No can do," Dongwoon said seriously. "And it's not like we want to stop."

I looked at them dispairingly. They were different. They weren't like me. They didn't spend every day regretting they ever became a gangster. They didn't detest the fact that they were in this world simply to hurt others.

They loved fighting. They lived for fighting. Just like how I used to be.

"Fine....." I whispered as I felt a strange lump settle in my throat. My eyes stinging with held-back tears, I glared at them and raised my voice. "Fine! Just FINE!!! Go ahead and KILL YOURSELVES for all I care! But I'm never joining a gang. Ever ever EVER!!!"

Then I ran off, ignoring their calls after me. I felt so stupid, so helpless. Such a classic damsel in distress. 

Why was I even so hurt to the point I almost cried? What the hell is wrong with me?

I swiped angrily at the tears, trying to push away all the turmoil inside of me. Was being a teenager always this tough? Why was this just happening to me?

******************************************************************************************************************

Yeah, so hey! BTW I know it's weird to advertise like this, but I'm trying to regain my spot in the top 100 authors, so please help me out by recommending my stories to your AFF buddies and reading my other stories and stuff like that! 

The stories I am currently working on are:

Battlefield of Beasts and Blood

Hey, Boys! Do You Think I'm Pretty?

My Bad Boy is BACK! (Sequel to He May Be a Bad Boy, But He's MY Bad Boy)

When I finish one of these stories, my next story is Ghost Girl. Please help support me! DX

Oh yeah, BTW.......these are my recommended songs for this chapter update:

History by EXO-K

Mama by EXO-M

(actually, the Chinese versions of these are amazing too. Luhan~~~)

Face by NU'EST

Warrior by B.A.P

These are the songs I listen to a lot whenever I need fanfiction inspiration. Lastly is this chapter's current fave song:

Nanrina by Block B. 

Badass.