The Red Lion

Tales of the Red Lion

I knooowww I shouldn't be updating this, since I have like 3 other fanfics going on currently. But some people ahemahemLovesYoseobahemahem want me to update this a bit. Especially since I made the foreward and stuff ESPECIALLY juicy!

I really like the poster for this fanfic. Do you guys? It's just my opinion, but I love this poster almost as much as the poster I made for one of my upcoming fanfics Emo Princess.........whoops! Did I spill something? ;)

***********************************************************************************************************

In Pusan, there was a rumour.

 

A rumour of a bloodthirst, proweling, ruthless lioness.

 

Oh, you thought it was an actual lion? Don't be stupid. Why would one be roaming the streets?

 

Anyway, this was a rumour from not too long ago. Listen closely. Or read. Whatever. It's your call.

A young girl in only her first year of junior high appeared out of nowhere. She could beat up gangsters and street fighters twice her age and size and walk away without a scratch. Those who have witnessed her attacks live claim that it was unlike anything they had ever seen before. Her fighting style was unique and self-taught.............and resembled a lionness as she attacks her prey.

This girl was also claimed to have hair as red as fire. Something pretty goddamn unusual. This is South Korea we're talking about.

Thus, as her infamous reputation grew, past Pusan to even reach the curious ears of gangsters from afar, so did her nickname.

The Red Lion.

However, when the Red Lion reached the age where she would supposedly have entered her junior year of high school..........................................she disappeared without a trace.

No one knew where she was or where she had gone to. Nobody even knew her real name.

But her reputation lived on. To be whispered by many awestruck gangsters all over South Korea. The Red Lion became something of a legend.

So where had the legend gone to?

*******************************************************************************************************

"!!!! SAJA BAEJUN, YOU COME BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!!!" I screamed. Baejun just stuck out his tongue and laughed, dodging my furious swipes at him to scamper across the lawn to the safety of his parents.

Swearing under my breath, I sat down on the curb and watched the burly delivery men carry our furniture into the house. It was a new house, pretty too. I already checked out my room. It was small, but nice.

My name is Saja Ringo. Weird, I know. "Saja" is Korean for "lion", and "Ringo" is Japanese for "apple". My dad is Korean, my mother Japanese. So that made me a Korean-Japanese.

I'm a weird girl in many ways, actually. For one thing, my family is absolutely insane. Baejun, my snotty seven-year-old brother, is a total brat. My parents are carefree and easygoing, not to mention highly embarassing. I could walk into the house at two in the morning and all they would say is "Do you want a glass of milk, dear?" 

So many kids have these kinds of families. Well, what about my looks? I'm tall, taller than any girls my age I knew anyway. My legs are long and toned, as are my arms. They may look skinny, but they have lots of muscle under there. And my hair. Curly, thick, and bright red. Like an apple. How fitting.

And when I was in junior high, I was a punk, kickass street fighter nicknamed the Red Lion, as many called me out of respect. I wasn't stupid enough to let those half-witted gangster idiots know my real name.

You think I'm proud of my reputation? Hell no! I just wanted to bust a couple of skulls to release tension and stress. I didn't want to become famous! Or infamous, anyway.

But that's why I decided to change when we moved to Seoul for dad's new job. No more skulking down street alleys and abandoned factories, breaking some pitiful loser's bones for daring to challenge the Red Lion. No. Screw that name. From now on, my name is Saja Ringo. That's it.

I want to be normal for once. I want to make lots of friends, go shopping and by pretty clothes...............get a boyfriend, maybe?

And that is why I am promising this to me, and to whoever is reading this boring (don't worry, the fun'll come later). I will never, ever, EVER fight again.

Because I don't want to live in a world of blood and gangs again.

Trust me.

It's not worth it.

********************************************************************************************************

I nervously pulled up my backpack and walked hesitantly into the school. It was rowdy, as usual. Students pushed themselves this way and that to get to their first classes.

What if no one liked me? I did have red hair and a weird name. What if I became a loser? Then there wouuld be no choice but to go back to gangsterville for me. Nobody there cares whether my hair is red or not.

Everyone quieted down when I came in, then started talking all at once again.

"You are?" The teacher asked.

"Saja Ringo, sir."

He nodded. "New student, I trust?"

"Yes, sir."

He looked me severely in the eye. "Well, it's only your first day in Cube High, Miss Saja, but let it be known to you that we do not tolerate inappopriate hair dying in this school------"

I sighed. I couldn't help it. I've gotten this line from everybody from teachers to my aunts to random old ladies we meet at the grocery store. "My hair is not dyed, sir. This is my natural colour."

Mr. What's-his-face stopped talking and looked at my hair closely. "Are you sure, Miss Saja? Do any of your other family members have your......er.......hair  colour?"

"No sir." I said, sighing again. "It's just me, as far as I know. But one of my great-great-great uncles twice removed may have been American." It didn't look like Mr. Snotty bought it. "You can talk to my parents if you don't believe me, sir." I said hastily. "They will tell you that I've had this hair ever since I was born."

"Hmmmph." Mr. Annoying said disapprovingly. "Well.......er......very well. Now then, if you could kindly take your seat for class, Miss Saja......."

I slowly went to my seat. Several people were staring at me in interest. The girl beside me smiled encouragingly. "Hey, new girl. My name is Park Gaesuh. What's yours?"

"Saja Ringo."

"Really?" She goggled at me, but quickly recovered. "Well, just so you know, if you ever need some help or if you're lost, I can help you out." Looked like the giggly, girly, overly-helpful types. Annoying but nice.

"Sure, thanks." I said, making a mental note to never, ever get lost in this school.

Classes were normal. The same as in Pusan.

When the bell rang for lunch, though, an interesting thing happened.

Gaesuh  and I were walking out of the classroom when some girl screamed "OMIGOD!!!!! It's Beast!!!!"

"What? Where? Where?" Girls shrieked, fighting for a good view. A large crowd formed in less than five seconds. Where all these girls came from, I didn't know. 

"Omigod!" Gaesuh shrieked as well. "Come on, Ringo, let's go get a better view!" She pulled my arm all the way to the front of the crowd, pushing and jostling the screaming girls.

"What's happening, Gaesuh?" I asked dumbly, getting a bit scared of the creepy girls.

A few girls suddenly walked out of the group. they were all wearing bright yellow banners across their bodies that read "Beast Fan Club Staff". "Alright, ladies, back up now!" One girl who looked like the leader shouted. She was rather pretty, with long tea-coloured hair and big eyes, and a small clear face. "You need to give a clear, big space for Beast as they pass through the halls!"

"Who's that?" I asked. "And who are they?"

"The girl giving orders is the ultimate leader of the Beast Fan Club." Gaesuh informed me. "Her name is Im Raehi. She is the second-highest power figure besides Beast, of course. Everything she says, goes."

"Hang on!" I interrupted her jealous mumblings. "Who's this Beast they are talking about?"

"You don't know?" Gaesuh stared at me in shock. "They are, like, only THE hottest gang in the world!"

"Gang?" The word sent ice-cold shivers down my spine.

"Yeah! Come on, Ringo, don't they have gangs in your old high school? And Beast is the strongest gang in all of Seoul! And they are, like, SUPER gorgeous and hot! And perfect! And badass!" She giggled. "To be noticed----or even LOOKED at----by any of the Beast members is every girl's dream! You'll see when they come, Ringo."

A few girls tried to run past the Fan Club staff members to get to the upcoming figures coming down the hall, but they were immediately caught and pushed back into the screaming crowd. "No running!" Raehi shouted angriy at the girls. "You cannot get into Beast's way! Make more space now! Let everyone be able to see! And no giving gifts!"

Finally, they were here. I could see them properly now.

They WERE gorgeous, Gaesuh wasn't joking. Each one of them was super-hot, handsome, and gorgeous in every way. They practically glowed with power. The girls went wild.

"EEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!" "I LOVE YOU, YOSEOB-SSHI!!!" "JUNHYUNG-SSHI, LOOK THIS WAY!!!" "OMIGOD, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!" "JANG HYUNSEUNG-SSHI IS THE BEST!!!" "I WANT TO MARRY YOU, DOOJOON-SSHI!!!" "KIKWANG-SSHI, YOU'RE SOOOO COOL!!" "EEEEK! I THINK DONGWOON-SSHI LOOKED THIS WAY!!!!"

Up close, though, I saw what I saw in every gangster's face. Overflowing to the brim with confidence. They thought they were powerful, confident they could beat anyone in a fight, believing they were the strongest in the city. They always looked like that before I got the first punch in, anyway.

I snorted in disgust. What gorgeous? There was nothing special about them. Just a bunch of brainless, superficial hotties, albeit ones that kick .

I was pretty sure no one couuld hear me over all the screaming going on, like I was in a rock concert or something. But one boy's head turned and stared right at me.

"KYAAAAAAAAAA!!!! HE LOOKED THIS WAY!!!" All the girls near me screamed. "Omigod, I'm going to faint!" Gaesuh gasped, fanning herself and waving her arms madly.

The boy didn't stop looking at me. I stared back defiantly. Then I turned my head in obvious disgust, looking away.

His friend touched his arm. "What are you staring at Hyunseung?" The other gangster asked.

He turned back to look at the front and smirked. "Did you see that girl?"

"Which one?" Another boy chuckled.

"The one with that bright red hair."

"Yeah, I saw her. The pretty and tall girl up front? She's taller than you, Yoseob."

"Hey!" A very cute boy with blonde hair complained.

"She seemed different. For one thing, she wasn't screaming like an idiot like the other girls."

"So what?"

"I don't know." Hyunseung stared broodingly ahead of him as he passed by, not making eye contact with any of the fans. "But she's obviously hiding something."

"If you say so, hyung." One very tall and mature-looking boy said.

"She seems familiar, somehow." Another muttered.

"Who cares?" A rather aggressive one snapped. "She's probably just another groupie."

"No, I've heard of her from somewhere. And I don't think groupies look at me like I'm a bastard." Hyunseung said stubbornly. A cold smile formed on his lips. "Who is that girl? I wonder.........."

********************************************************************************************************

Before any of you get the wrong idea..............JUST BECAUSE I INTRODUCED HYUNSEUNG FIRST, IT DOES NOT MEAN HE WILL BE THE LOVE INTEREST!!!

Seriously, right now it's a free trial. Any of the boys could be the love interest.