The SHINee Gang

Tales of the Red Lion

"......So that's that." Raehi said, leaning forward. "That's all the members and everything I know about SHINee. Any questions?"

".............Yeah. How the hell do you even know their BLOOD TYPE?"

Raehi rolled her eyes at my impudence and waved her hand. "It's common knowledge. Everyone knows it. Want to know Beast's?"

"Eh............no."

"Whatever. Are we done here?"

"Yeah." I stood up, then paused. "Do you promise not to tell anyone? About me?"

"I already said I wouldn't," Raehi huffed. "Why? Don't those silly, brainless friends of yours know?"

Okay, I should defend my friends here --- but it was totally true. "No. There's a reason why I don't want to be a gangster anymore. Then Beast found out and things sort of spiralled downhill from there."

"How did they find out, anyway?" She asked with interest.

I thought back to that day. It seemed years ago, although it was only like three, four months tops. "Eh......I beat up a bunch of bullies who were harassing this kid. er didn't even thank me for it, too," I added grumpily.

Raehi sighed. "Well, that's your style, I guess."

There was an awkward pause. What do you say to a girl you've hated for the past few months?

"...........I'm leaving now."

"You do that."

"I'm like, legit leaving. Look, my foot is out the door and everything."

"Don't let the door hit your on the way out."

"I'll do that."

"You do that."

".........."

".........."

"Why is this so goddamn awkward?"

"Will you just leave?"

"Fine, fine........"

I closed the door behind me.

Well, that was weird. But maybe Im Raehi, as y as she can be, had her uses as an ally.

Smiling a little, I walked down the hallway. I just totally missed class.

Wait a minute............wasn't Raehi skipping class too?

*************************************

I was preparing to go home with my friends when I heard Heemin squeal, "I totally am going to call that hottie today!"

I froze. Hottie? Who..........

The image of that sweet-looking boy flashed into my mine. Taemin.

"Um, Heemin-ah, I'm not sure that's a good idea....." I said slowly.

"Huh? Why?"

"Oooh, is Ringo-ah jealous?" Jinae teased. "You wanna be the first one to call him, huh?"

"Uh, no, well.........." How was I going to stop her? I thought of a lie quickly. "To tell you the truth, Heemin-ah....." I forced my voice to turn sad and sympathetic. "......I just saw him the other day. When I was, uh, shopping for LoveheartMe's new album."

"Oh my god, isn't it great?"

"Yeah, I really love that one ---- that's not the point! See, I saw him with..........another girl."

The girls gasped.

"No way! I can't believe I'm too late!" Heemin moaned.

"It's okay, Heemin-ah!" Gaesuh comforted her. "I thought it was kind of weird how he just randomly gave you his number!"

"I bet he's a player," I added helpfully. "Or a pimp. Or something."

"That's totally it!" Jinae shrieked. "Oooh, and to think that he has such an angelic face........he was fooling us all!"

"Yeah, you should throw out his number," I said, surprised my lie was going better than I thought. They were practically adding oil to the fire -- I just had to say it and they immediately raised their own suspicions. Thank god my beloved girly friends are totally brainless, as Raehi said.

"I should!" Heemin sniffed huffily.

"Here, I'll do it for you," I said, holding out my hand for the slip of paper. At the same time, I discreetly tore out a sheet of paper roughly the same size from my notebook with my free hand under my desk so they couldn't see.

Heemin handed me the paper with his number scrawled onto it. I took it into both hands and pretended to crumple it into a ball, which I did to the fake paper. Then, covering the real paper with one hand, I used the other to lob the crumpled-up fake into the trash can.

The girls erupted into cheers.

"Thanks, Ringo-ah!" Gaesuh squealed, giving me a hug.

"No problem," I grinned, smoothly sliding the paper into my pocket. They were completely oblivious.

******************************************

"Ringo-ah," Doojoon called after me as I was about to leave the school. Beast walked over.

"We think the war is slowing down a bit, you want us to walk you home?" Kikwang suggested.

"Sorry, I'm really busy!" I said quickly, dashing out of the door. "Later!"

Yoseob turned to the others. "Ever had the feeling that you're being lied to?"

****************************************

The second I got home, I ran up to my room and grabbed the home phone. I paused. No, he might be able to trace back to it. I should use one of those payphones.

I ran back outside and down the streets until I found one. Jumping into the small booth, I pulled out the number and dialled it in.

The phone kept ringing. I twisted the cord anxiously with my finger, hoping he will pick it up.

Finally, he did. "Hello, sweetheart," a voice said smoothly on the other side. "I was hoping you'd pick up."

"Cut the crap." I snarled. "I am not one of the girls you handed your number to. I am her friend. Her very PISSED OFF friend who knows exactly WHO you are, Lee Taemin. Or should I say, SHINee's Taemin?"

There was a long silence, before Taemin said, rather triumphantly, "Red Lion-sshi, I'm so glad to finally talk to you."

What the flippin' hell.......... "How did you know it's me?"

"Who else would do their homework so thoroughly?" Taemin laughed. "You're just as fierce as the rumours say. Tell you what, come over and meet me and the gang. They'd love to see you."

"Tell you what, how about NO?"

"Are you rejecting my offer?" He sounded genuinely surprised.

"NOOOOO, did I make it that obvious?" I snapped sarcastically back. Jesus, this egotistical maniac gang bastards! They were all the same!

"That's a shame....." I heard Taemin sigh on the other line. "By the way, Red Lion-sshi......I heard Beast and Teen Top are at it again."

At the mention of Beast's name, my fingers tightened around the phone.

"How did you......"

"We're SHINee, Red Lion-sshi. We know everything that goes on above ground. Man, a war, huh? They must be very weak right now....imagine how DREADFUL it would be if some gang were to attack them right now, when they're already injured and tired......."

"You son of a ing ---"

"Language, Red Lion-sshi."

Dammit, why did I always have to make stupid decisions because of Beast? I couldn't just let them get hurt. I thought of Hyunseung, and my stomach tightened even more and did little flip-flops. Fine. I'll walk straight into the lion's den, like I always do.

Taking a deep, shuddering breath, I said, "Alright. Where?"

Sounding pleased, Taemin said, "The Moon King Club. Just go up and tell them SHINee requested you. They'll take one look at your red hair and you'll be free. Nine o' clock. Don't be late, honey."

Then he hung up.

Swearing, I threw the phone back onto its receiver and stormed out of the booth, fuming.

**********************************************************

At nine o' clock, I told mom I was going outside.

"Okay, dear." Mom said cheerfully. "Don't get lost, okay?"

I once again worried about the sanity of my household before leaving. I had already searched up on Google Maps where the Moon King Club was. And it sure wasn't in the nice side of town.

I took a bus into the heart of Seoul, into the red light district. Girls dressed like es --- which they probably were --- walked down the street, while drunken men hollered obscenities at them. Several leered at me, which made me walk just a little bit faster. I could take them on, of course, but it was still creepy.

When I reached the Moon King Club, there was a long lineup. I walked straight up to the beefy bouncer and said in a shaking, but firm voice, "SHINee requested me."

The bouncer looked me up and down. People stared at me. I probably looked like an idiot wearing a T-shirt and sweatpants.

The bouncer's eyes landed on my hair and his eyes widened. He bowed a little and stepped aside.

I walked in, ignoring all the complaints and swear words coming from the people in line.

The club was pretty dark except for the bright, flashing neon lights. People were laughing and drinking, and the whole place smelled like cigarette smoke and alcohol. People were grinding it up on the dance floor, looking like they were having standing up or something. It was pretty disgusting.

I looked around, trying not to feel self-conscious when people began to whisper and point at me.

Somebody slung an arm around my shoulder.

"Hey, baaaabe," Some drunk guy slurred. "Whaaaz with the get-up, huuuh?"

My nerves already at breaking point, I punched him in the face. He fell to the ground with a broken nose. People gasped and quickly gave me a wide berth after that.

Suddenly, I heard someone clapping. I looked up to see Taemin, smiling angelically.

--- I mean, girls --- whispered excitedly to each other. "OMG, it's Taemin-sshi!"

"It really is him!"

"I can't believe it!"

"They usually stay in the VIP room, and that's it!"

"Red Lion-sshi, we meet again." He smiled. "Wanna follow me?"

"Do I have a choice?" I growled as I stomped after him.

"Hmmm.......no."

We reached the VIP room, which was filled with the most whorish es --- I mean, the prettiest girls.

"Sorry, ladies, you have to leave now," Taemin said, pointing to the door.

Whining, they gathered their purses and left.

The only people left in the VIP room were four other hot boys, who were lounging around on bar stools or chairs. When one of them saw me, he smiled and jumped to his feet.

"So, this is the Red Lion!" He looked me up and down. "Daaamn, you have a pretty hot body. If only you wore less clothing...." His hand s to my T-shirt.

I slapped his hand away. "Go yourself."

"Ooooh!" The others chorused, laughing. "Jonghyun, you got owned!" 

I felt a muscle twitch in my jaw. I wanted so desperately to hit something.

"Come, sit sit sit!" One said with a bright smile, dragging me to a couch. He sat me down, then sat beside me and put his arm on the head of the couch behind my head. "Want a drink?"

"I....uh.....don't drink that ." I said slowly, trying not to sound too much like a child.

He just laughed. "I'm Onew, by the way, the leader of SHINee. Tell me, what's it like above ground?"

"Above.....what?"

"You know, above ground --- where the gangs don't dabble in anything too dangerous. Where the majority of people are all innocent, pure, and good." He chortled. "You don't find those in the Underground."

"Um......it's boring, I guess. But I like it that way."

"Really?" He seemed genuinely interested.

"Yah, Onew, don't take her for yourself!" The hottest one complained. "Shut up, Minho," Onew replied cheerfully.

"Look, can we just get this over with?" I snapped wearily. "I wanna go home and sleep."

"Get what over with?" Taemin asked.

"You know, asking me to join your gang and . My answer is no --- just like what it's been for the other three gangs that asked."

They burst out laughing. I glared at them.

"Oh, honey, let Key explain it to you," a cat-eyed one said, chuckling. "We're not ASKING you, we're TELLING you to join. You don't have a say in the matter."

I felt my blood run cold. "Excuse me?"

"You're joining us whether you like it or not," Jonghyun explained, grinning. "Be it the easy way or the hard way."

I tried not to sound too scared when I said, "W-what's the hard way?"

"Easy." Here, his voice turned cold. "We kill everyone you love."

I stood up, my fists shaking. "I'll kill YOU before that ever happens!" I yelled.

"Oh, please," Taemin smirked. "You can't beat us."

"Watch me," I snarled. "I'll show you why they used to call me the Red Lion."

"It doesn't matter how strong you are, you won't be able to beat us," Onew agreed. "Because your heart isn't INTO it. You don't enjoy the fight, you don't enjoy the sight of them broken at your feet. You won't be able to beat us with that attitude."

I gritted my teeth. "I'll never join you. NEVER!"

"Fine with us," Minho shrugged. "You'll be back soon enough. Once we hurt enough people, you'll do whatever we say."

" you guys!" I dashed out of the VIP room and ran out of the club as fast as I could. I didn't stop running until I was out of the red light district completely, and I collapsed against a wall, gasping for breath.

For some reason, my breathing wouldn't regulate. In fact, they were coming out even shorter and faster. I was hyperventilating.

Then I felt the wetness on my cheeks, and I touched it in shock. Tears.

*****************************************************

I am so pissed off.

I am the 110 most popular author. 110!!! I WENT DOWN!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

*sob* let me go cry into a pillow now.

Okay, screw this. I'm writing up my B.A.P fanfic idea even though I still have four other stories going on. I am so pissed off!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So please check it out when I'm done <3