The Half-Open Door

Tales of the Red Lion

 

I stumbled through the rows of old warehouses, tears blurring my vision. I couldn't think straight. For some reason, everything was spinning.

I was just so mad. At Beast. At Teen Top. At everyone.

Why did they enjoy this? Why did they live for cracking skulls, for fighting? Why did they enjoy it?

And why, why, why........why was I once like that too?

I leaned against the side of a broken, run-down building and clutched at my head. Visions were flitting at top-speed through my memories. Back then......

*************************************************************************************************

"A-AAAGH!!!" The gangster screamed, falling to the ground as he watched me take out another one of his friends. "Y-you monster! Who are you?"

I pulled off my black, fingerless gloves. They were my favorite, the ones I always used for a good beat-down. "No one you need to know."

"W-why you...." the gangster attempted bravado, despite the fact his voice was shaking. "I-I will find a way to beat you! I will! Y-you hurt my friends, and for that, you'll pay!"

"Oh, really?" My voice was cold and dead, filled with mock amusement. "And how far would you go to defeat me?"

"I'll die for it!"

I began to slowly advance upon him. Frightened, he scrambled backwards. "N-no! Wait! Stop! I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean it! I don't want to d-die!"

He shielded himself with his arms. When no pain came, he looked up to see me walking away. 

'Y-yah! Where are you going?"

"Home. You're not worth my time." I turned back to look at him. "If you want to die so badly, come find me again. I'll kill you with my bare hands."

And then I was gone.

*************************************************************************************************

"Well, lookie what we have here," The ugly, bald, tattooed gangster sneered, eyeing me up and down. "We have a little red-haired kitty cat! Want to play with us?"

"You have a lot of nerve coming into our territory so boldly, little kitty," His gangster friends laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm here to break some skulls."

"Oooh, a tough little kitty!" The gangsters chuckled. "She's not a kitty -- she thinks herself a lioness!" One jeered at me.

"Shall we teach the little lion a lesson, then?" 

I pulled on the gloves. "Shut up, and let's do this."

*****************************************************************************************************************

"W-who the are YOU?" The gangster said in horror. He was bleeding heavily from a wound on his forehead. His gang members were all knocked cold.

"I'm a bad little kitty, remember?" I sneered, taking off the gloves and walking away.

Despite the fact he was whispering his words, I somehow managed to hear very clearly what he said:

"Red Lion."

******************************************************************************************************************

I found another small gang. When they saw me, instead of sneering and wolf-whistling, they looked scared and horrified.

"P-please don't hurt us! We won't cause trouble, we swear!" One said, backing away shakily.

"You don't even know who I am," I pointed out coldly.

"Y-yes we do!" Another choked. "There's rumours everywhere....legends.....a mysterious girl with hair as red as fire.......you're the Red Lion! No doubt about it! The legendary gangster Red Lion!"

They scattered, leaving me standing there in the alley.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Red Lion

Red Lion

Red Lion

Red Lion

"SHUT UP!!!" I screamed, clutching at my head so hard I was pretty sure I left scratches on my forehead from my fingernails. I sunk to the ground, whimpering and rocking back and forth as I let myself cry.

I haven't cried in ages. Not since...........

Shaking my head, I tried not to remember my past. Tried not to remember how many people I didn't care about were hurt, and how many people I cared about were hurt anyway.

I suddenly realized I wasn't alone. I looked up.

Junhyung was leaning against the warehouse wall a few feet away from me, glaring fiercely at the ground. Hyunseung, too, was leaning against the wall, staring off into space with a look of utmost concentration on his face. Yoseob was crouching down on the ground, scratching at his blonde hair. Kikwang was sitting on top of a dusty old barrel, hands shoved into his pockets. Dongwoon was looking away, staring at a random sign as he doodled absently on a wall, tracing patterns with his finger. Doojoon was standing in the middle of the street, his back to me.

I slowly got to my feet and then stared down at them. I felt my face heating up with shame and embarrassment. They caught me crying. Me, the strong, legendary Red Lion they so admired and needed.

To my surprise, Doojoon walked over to me and said nothing. He simply patted my head and said gruffly, "Let's go home now."

I followed after them. None of them said a word to me, or even bothered trying to make me feel better. They didn't laugh, they didn't comfort me, they didn't yell, they didn't sympathize. And for that, I was truly grateful.

Whenever we walked under a street light (it was already pretty dark), they're new injuries were thrown into relief. I saw new bruises, which they vainly tried to cover up by walking fast whenever there was light. I saw Kikwang hastily swipe at the corner of his lips, where I was pretty sure I saw blood.

"I hate you guys," I muttered sullenly.

"Sorry," Junhyung mumbled back. He actually sounded pretty sorry about it. I knew what he meant though. I'm not sorry for fighting, but I'm sorry for making you upset about it.

"If only you guys were stronger."

"Yah! Excuse me!" Dongwoon huffed. "We ARE strong! We're one of the four Kings of Seoul! And now that you remind me...." He suddenly whipped out a small, handheld mirror and began to examine his reflection. "I think I messed up my hair. Does it look messed up to you, hyung?"

His 'godlike' conceit made me crack a small smile. Dongwoon grinned, looking incredibly pleased with himself.

"Go die in a hole, maknae," Junhyung said sourly.

"Why, Jun hyung? Cuz I made Ringo-ah happy before you could?"

"Yah! Shut up!" Junhyung snapped, his ears reddening.

"I'm jealous," Kikwang piped up.

"Nobody cares, you player!"

"Ringo-ah, are you mad at us?" Yoseob gave me his best puppy dog eyes. "Do you hate us?"

I glared at him, before sighing and roughly messing up his blonde hair. "Yes, I hate you guys. But I'm not mad at you."

Yoseob pouted. "I'd rather you are mad at us, but you don't hate us."

I pursed my lips together to keep myself from smiling. "That could work too."

"Yah, you're smiling!" Yoseob said excitedly. "You're smiling, don't deny it! You're totally smiling!"

You should well know that when someone says that to you, you can't help but smile even more. I burst into an embarrassed grin and Yoseob put his fists up in the air before making a victory sign. 

"Idiots," Hyunseung mumbled under his breath next to me.

I fought back a snicker.

In the end, I really missed them.

But no ing way am I telling them that.

The door is only half open.

*******************************************************************************************************

"We'll see you tomorrow, Ringo-ah!" Yoseob said cheerfully, as though nothing had happened.

"I'm still mad at you guys!" I called back. But I was kind of smiling when I said that.

"Yeah, yeah," Doojoon chuckled. "Later, Ringo-ah."

They walked away. I went into my house, which was dark and silent. Guess everyone was already asleep. I love how concerned my parents are about me, note the sarcasm.

I made my way upstairs as silently as I could. Halfway to my room, Baejun's door opened and he came out, wearing Spiderman pyjamas and clutching a stuffed lion.

"Noona's finally home?" Baejun asked sleepily, rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah. Go back to sleep, Baejun." I walked him back into his room and tucked him in. Then I kissed him goodnight.

"You have to kiss Leone goodnight, too." Baejun held up the little stuffed lion, and I kissed it too.

"There, goodnight. Now go to sleep, you little brat."

I went into my room and fell onto my bed, too tired to even bother changing my clothes. I closed my eyes in exhaustion. Dealing with Beast, Teen Top, and DBSK was hard work. The three kings were so tiring......

Wait a minute.

Three?

I suddenly jolted up, no longer tired. I gasped as I remembered things they said:

 

".....there are only four gangs in Seoul that are important."

 

"Whoever has the Red Lion on their side will instantly rule over Seoul. The other three kings would be powerless."

 

"We're one of the four Kings of Seoul!"

 

"Oh my god!" I whispered in shock. 

I needed to find Beast. Right now.

**************************************************************************************************************

Oooh, plot twist! LOL as if y'all didn't see that coming :P Actually no, you probably did.

Sorry I haven't updated as much as I want to. My mom kinda took away my laptop :( But I shall prevail for you, my darling readers!!!

BTW I'm putting up a poll, which is titled:

Starring Who?

Basically, I want your comments. I've written like 13 stories on here and they all feature Beast or a Beast member. Should I continue writing stories with Beast as the MCs, or should I write some stories that feature a different group member? You decide! Please check it out!