The Fourth Gang

Tales of the Red Lion

Okay, if anyone saw that I tagged SHINee in my fic, yeah.....I was planning on making it B.A.P or Block B since I am obsessed with those guys these days (also they are WAAAY more gangster-y and badass) but I already planned on SHINee being the fourth and most evil gang. I know, I know.

*******************************************************************************************************************

I wished more than ever that I had a cell phone. If only I could call Beast now, and my questions would be answered.

Scowling, I rolled over until I was on my back, staring up at the dark ceiling once more. It was almost two in the morning, and I haven't gotten a wink of sleep.

How could I be so stupid? The signs were all there. How long has it been that Beast introduced themselves as 'one of the FOUR Kings of Seoul'? How did I not catch that?

But it doesn't add up. Seoul was only divided into three parts: Upper, Middle, and Lower. What the hell was the fourth gang King of?

Frowning thoughtfully, I forced myself to go to sleep. And when that didn't work, I shoved my headphones over my ears and listened to LoveheartMe's new album until I could fall asleep.

What can I say? Gaesuh, Heemin, and Jinae got me hooked.

***********************************************************************************************************************

I was up as soon as humanly possible, even earlier than Dad even though he had work. He was the one who found me first, already dressed and hurriedly eating breakfast.

"Ringo, what are you doing up so early?"

"Huh? Ummmm, just excited for the new day," I lied dismally, munching on a piece of toast as fast as I could without choking.

Dad chuckled as he went to pour himself some coffee. "Ringo, I understand you're excited to see your friends and boyfriends --"

"Those guys aren't my BOYFRIENDS!!!"

"-- but even they won't be awake at six in the morning. Go back to sleep for a bit, honey." He peered into the coffeepot. "Were you drinking my coffee?"

"No," I said, smoothly sliding my cup along the counter until it was hidden behind my back.

Dad chuckled again. "Come on, honey, go back to sleep for a bit. The school isn't even open at this time."

Scowling, I nodded, feeling incredibly embarrassed. Of course they wouldn't be awake. Why the hell would they?

I slumped back upstairs. Thanks to the coffee, I no longer felt tired, just a little haywire.

I decided to go bother Baejun. I opened the door and saw him still fast asleep under the covers. I pulled the blanket off and pushed him until he was on the other side of the bed, waking him up in the process.

"Noona? What're you doin'?" He mumbled sleepily. I crawled in beside him. "Go back to sleep, brat."

"Nah, I don't wanna." He snuggled in closer to me. "Noona?"

"What?"

"Are hyungs gangsters?"

I hesitated. There was a big chance Baejun would go prancing off to Mom and tell her. But then again, I think he deserved to be let in on a little secret. "Yeah. They are."

"Really?" Baejun asked, excited. "Are they strong?"

"Insanely," I said, smiling at his excitement. "They are one of the four Kings of Seoul."

"Kings of Seoul?"

"It's like this -- Seoul is divided into three parts: Upper, which is governed by DBSK; Lower, which Teen Top runs; and Middle, which is ruled by Beast. That's what they're called."

"Who's the last one?"

"I......don't know. I never met them."

"Is noona turning into a gangster again, too?"

"Heck no!" I pinched his nose. "Those days are over. I'm a completely normal teenage girl now."

"I wanna be a cool gangster like hyungs too," Baejun said sleepily.

"No way in hell, kid. If you become a gangster, I'll kick you out of the house."

"Noona's not the boss of me."

"Totally am."

We continued bantering until we didn't feel tired anymore, so we decided to play some early-morning COD. We kept the volume muted so we wouldn't wake up Mom.

"! I died again!"

"Yah, Baejun, you little brat! No swearing! You're nowhere near old enough! Wait until you're fifteen, then I will teach you all the swear words I know. Arasso?"

"If you say so, noona. How are you so good at COD anyway? You never play."

I smirked and flipped my hair dramatically. "Because I am good at EVERYTHING."

"Aish. Yeah, right." Baejun rolled his little seven-year-old eyes.

I looked at the clock. "Seven. I better go." I was anxious to finally ask Beast about the Kings.

I stood up. Baejun looked at me, all puppy-like and sad. "Noona, can't you skip school for a day and play with me instead?"

I smiled and shook my head. Ruffling his bedhead hair, I said, "No, I don't wanna be late for school. You have elementary school too, Baejun. I'll play with you afterwards, okay?"

Smiling, he said, "Promise?"

"Yeah, Baejun. I promise I'll play with you the second I come home."

He nodded happily and I left his room. Mom was up and making breakfast. "You're early," she said in surprise. "Usually I have to practically force you to get out of bed."

"I need to talk to Be -- er, Gaesuh-ah about something," I said quickly. "Bye, umma!"

"Have a good day, sweetheart," Mom called after me. I waved as I shut the door, and took off running down my street.

I arrived at the school so early, half the teachers weren't there yet. I sat down on a bench and watched as students slowly began to trickle in. At first it was only a few, but at about eight or so students were everywhere.

I was about to nod off (the coffee wore out) when I heard a girl scream, "Look, it's Beast!"

Girls screamed and immediately began to crowd around the entrance of the school, where Beast was entering. I jumped to my feet and pushed through the crowds.

"Yah! Beast!" I yelled. Girls glared at me from all directions. I grimaced when I saw their faces. Beast looked even worse in the daylight. They had more bandages and bruises, and the corner of Kikwang's lips were cut and bruised. It looked like he got socked right in the mouth.

"Ringo-ah?" Doojoon said, surprised.

"We need to talk. I have something extremely important to ask you!"

"What is it?" Hyunseung sounded confused.

"Who is the fourth King?"

There was a long silence, broken only by a few jealous whispers from girls who wished they had the guts to talk to Beast so openly.

"You didn't know there was a fourth?"

"NO!!! I've been wanting to ask you for hours!!! Tell me now!" I demanded.

Junhyung smirked, looking amused. "Why should we?"

"Yah, Yong Junhyung, you tell me right this minute!" I snapped, so impatient I didn't care if I was rude. I was always rude anyways.

"You wanna know? You wanna know?" He teased me.

"Aish, don't play games! Just tell me!"

"Fine, fine. We better talk in private." Dongwoon shot a quick glance at a few girls who were evidently trying to eavesdrop without looking too obvious. They slunk away, mumbling to themselves, embarrassed.

They led me into their garden. I immediately sat in Hyunseung's hammock, which I always sat in, and began to swing anxiously.

"How did you NOT know there was a fourth?" Yoseob asked.

"Yah, shut up!" I snapped, feeling embarrassed all over again. "I don't pay attention to the that comes out of your mouths! Besides, Seoul is only split into three! How the hell was I supposed to know where they rule? Underground?"

"They do, actually."

I stared at Hyunseung. He looked back at me calmly. When I started to feel flustered under his cold gaze, I turned away and forced my mouth to work. "What.....does that.....mean?"

"SHINee rules the Underground," Junhyung said. He was leaning against the balcony with his arms crossed. "Drugs, es, assassinations, human trafficking, you name it. They rule all the we don't wanna get into."

"Yeah, they're the hardcore gangsters," Kikwang agreed, for once not smiling. "They'll probably become yakuza one day."

I raised an eyebrow. "SHINee? That doesn't sound very badass. Beast sounds better."

"Oh-ho! So you like our gang's name?" Yoseob asked delightedly.

I blushed. "I never said that!"

"You did, you did!" Yoseob sat in the hammock with me. "Then that means you want to join our --"

"NOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER, ASSES!!!!"

"Ouch, you're harsh." Dongwoon sighed dramatically. "I'm wounded, Ringo-ah."

"You? Wounded?" I snorted.

"Hurt, Ringo-ah!"

"You? Hurt?" I paused, then added. "Actually, no. You WOULD get hurt by my words."

"Ouch, now that hurt."

Beast cracked up. Even Hyunseung was hiding a snicker behind his hand.

I laughed along with them.

Since when did I feel so......comfortable around them?

Since when did this garden feel like home?

***********************************************************************************************************

"So, are you guys leaving early again today?" I asked grumpily when lunch came.

"Aww, feeling abandoned?" Doojoon ruffled my hair and I pushed his hand away. "Pfft, no way! I'm just........irritated, that's all. Your education will go down the drain if you keep on skipping."

"Yeah, right," Junhyung snorted, knocking me lightly on the back of the head. "Since when did you care about our education?"

I stuck my tongue out at him in an effort to hide my blush. "If you really must know, I care a LOT. I'm planning on being a teacher when I grow up."

They snorted and I gave them my best blank face. Their smiles died down.

"Are you.......serious?" Kikwang asked, looking horrified.

I burst into laughter. "No! Man, you should have seen your faces!"

"Yah, not funny," Dongwoon complained. "For a second there, I thought you were serious!"

I fell into thought. "Actually, becoming a teacher doesn't sound so bad......"

"NO." They all snapped -- even Hyunseung. I stared at them in surprise. "Why are you guys in so much denial?"

"Don't. Ever. Become. A. Teacher." Doojoon snarled vehemently. "If you do......"

"Why -- oooooohhhhh!" I snickered. "You guys don't want me to become as annoying and nosy as a teacher, huh?"

"Teachers......." Yoseob shuddered. "Ugh."

"Yah, you think you have it bad? Teachers have it worse!" I complained. "They have to deal with whiny, fighting brats like you guys every day! And on the weekends, instead of going to parties and sleeping in, they have to grade papers and plan lessons! You should cut them some slack!"

"Well, if you say so....." Hyunseung muttered uncertainly, rubbing the back of his neck. I suddenly felt really incredibly embarrassed, and turned away.

"Yah, I saw that!" Yoseob demanded. "Do you like Hyunseung?"

"WHAT?" I yelled. "NO!!!!"

"You totally do!"

"What the HELL would you know about it? You've gone crazy, !" I made a circular motion with my finger to my head. "You've officially been thrown into the Loony Bin!"

Yoseob looked horrified. "Loony Bin? There's a Loony Bin? WHERE THE HELL DO THEY KEEP A LOONY BIN??!!! Do they keep criminals in there? I can't go in, not with my beautiful face!!! I'll get !!"

The rest of his rant was drowned out by the raucous laughter coming from Beast.

"And hyungs say I am the conceited one around here!" Dongwoon shook his head, sighing loudly.

The only ones who weren't laughing was me and Hyunseung. I was just relieved Yoseob's idiocy distracted them from his words. But now I couldn't look Hyunseung in the eye. When I peeked at him, he was staring back at me with an unreadable expression in his cold eyes. I quickly looked away.

Oh god. What did he think of me now?

*********************************************************************************************************

"Isn't this ice cream good, Ringo-ah?" Gaesuh asked as she passed me a cone.

"Yeah, it's delicious!" I smiled cheerfully, but honestly, my heart wasn't really in it. Gaesuh, Heemin, and Jinae dragged me to the ice cream store the second classes were over. I just wanted to go home and play with Baejun, or maybe hang out with Beast for a bit (not because I considered them friends, no freakin' way).

"Omo!" Heemin gasped. "Look at that boy! He's so precious!"

She was pointing to a boy standing in the crowds.

"Yah, he looks like a girl," Jinae rolled her eyes.

"He's cute, but too innocent-looking for me. and too young," Gaesuh smirked. "Heemin-ah and her shota complexes."

"Yah, my love for innocent, cute boys is not a 'shota complex'," Heemin complained. "But look at him! He has the face of Cupid! Or.....or....."

"What about Eros?" I suggested. They stared at me.

"You know, in mythology........Aphrodite's son was named Eros. He was technically Cupud because he went around with his arrows to make people fall in love."

They stared at me some more.

"You're incredible, Ringo-ah!" Jinae squealed. "I didn't know you knew Greek mythology!"

"Wow! Who's Aphrodite?"

How did they not know this? Was I just a dork? "Um, she was the goddess of love and beauty....."

"Whoa! Who's Venus?"

"Umm, she's the Aphrodite of Roman mythology......."

They continued to pester me about it, before they got bored and returned to staring at the cute boy very non-discreetly.

"You know, he really could pass off as Cupid," Gaesuh admitted.

"Told you!" Heemin smirked triumphantly. "He could stab me with an arrow of love any day!"

"Oooh," We chorused, nudging and poking her.

"What do you think of him?" Jinae asked me.

"Uhhh, okay-looking, I guess?" I felt my cheeks burning. He wasn't very far away, and I had a feeling he was listening to everything we were saying.

"Okay-looking? OKAY-LOOKING?" Heemin demanded childishly, grinning. "Yah, Saja Ringo, you tell me what you think exactly!"

At the sound of my name, the boy seemed to stiffen up a bit. He turned around to stare at us -- no, at me, I think.

cute-guy-korean-kpop-lee-taemin-Favim.co

(0///0)  (0///0)  (0///0)  (0_0) <--- this one is me

"Omo, he's actually soooo cute!" Jinae whispered excitedly. "I didn't see him clearly, but he has a really innocent, yet dangerous look about him!"

"He's gorgeous!" Gaesuh whispered back.

"Back off! I saw him first!" Heemin whispered.

I just continued my ice cream cone, watching him curiously. He was cute, or something, but I felt something was off in his innocent expression. TOO innocent, if you know what I mean.

I smelt a fake. 

He was still staring at me with a look of bemused curiosity on his face. After a while, I started to feel uncomfortable, so I turned away and continued eating. I could still feel him staring at me.

The giggling and whispering from my friends suddenly increased before Gaesuh hissed, "Be quiet!" I looked up and, with a jolt, realized the boy was walking straight towards us.

He stopped in front of us. I gritted my teeth and slowly shifted my center of gravity, in case I needed to pounce if he tries something creepy.

To my surprise, he ignored me completely. He turned to Heemin and smiled cutely. "Hello, noona. My name is Taemin. Are you by any chance single?"

"Y-yes, I am!" Heemin stammered breathlessly.

"I was wondering if I could have your number, noona?" Taemin said, tilting his head to one side. "If you don't mind?"

Heemin shakily wrote down her cell phone number on a spare piece of paper and handed it to him, looking like she was about to faint.

"Thank you very much." He winked, before walking away.

"OMIGOD!!!" Jinae shrieked. "Heemin-ah, you're so lucky! You gave him your number!!!"

"Omo, I feel so happy!" Heemin squealed, jumping up and down. "Oh gosh, is my face all red? Did I look alright? Did I have anything in my teeth?"

"No no, you were perfect!" Gaesuh assured her.

I was the only one not congratulating Heemin. I was glaring at the back of Taemin as he walked away. I still didn't trust him at all. Something was weird. After all, why would he just randomly go up to a girl on the street and ask for her number?

Just before he turned the corner, Taemin's eyes caught mine. He smirked slightly and lifted up the paper Heemin wrote her number on, as if he was showing it to me. Then he was gone.

My hands clenched into fists. Something wasn't right. Was that some sort of challenge?

Could he be..........a gangster?

********************************************************************************************************

I don't like this chapter for some reason. I don't know why, I just don't. I hope you guys do, at least.......

Anyway, please continue to comment and stuff, and please vote on my poll called 'Starring Who?". And please read my other fanfics!

God I am such a whiner.

IF THERE ARE ANY SILENT READERS HERE, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! DON'T BE AFRAID TO LET YOUR INNER FANGIRL SCREAM!!!! VOICE YOUR THOUGHTS ALOUD!!!!

Anyway, to end off this very disappointing chapter of mine, here's a cute li'l gif for you all:

beast-viu-dance.gif